Closed Thread
Page 65 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraAnn14 View Post
    Hi ladies, I am so happy to have stumbled across this thread! Hubby and I have our first appointment at primary Oxley in June, I was wondering if any of you know if they insist on me having an HSG before they will proceed to further treatments? I have had every other test in the last 3 months with my current FS, as has hubby, but the HSG was just a bit too expensive for us while doing iui cycles as well. If they do require an HSG, do they have a less expensive way of doing it?
    My FS recommended primary to me as his fee for ivf is way out of the realm of possibility for us and he genuinely believes after everything ivf is the only way for us.
    Thanks ladies!
    Hi~
    I wish you all the luck with your appointment Oxley, they are lovely there. I'm not sure if they'll request you to get a HSG. They did not request one of myself when I started there, however I had had one with the very first FS we ever saw about 6-7yrs earlier, and mine they made through a place I could bulk bill the HSG at. So it may depend on if the doctor thinks it needs to be done, and just ask that if it dies need to be done could they recvonend a place that bulk bills perhaps.
    I hope it all goes well~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KittyLynn For This Useful Post:

LauraAnn14  (27-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for sharing all your experiences! I am just keen to get back on the wagon and am dreading the waiting for tests etc. our appt is on CD16 so with any luck I can get that CD21 test done this cycle. Do they need to do both CD3 & 21?

In my head I was hoping to be injecting once my next period arrives - possibly a bit ambitious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So thought I'd give an update.

Going in on Monday for the egg retrieval procedure. I'll admit, I am nervous since this is my first time ever. It all happened so fast, I honestly thought it'd take a lot longer then it did to get to this point. But now it's so close I'm like 'wait where did all the days go'

So yes, quite nervous. Does anyone have any advice about it? Been reading through and it helps to hear from other ladies who have gone through it, still nervous though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyLynn View Post
    So thought I'd give an update.

Going in on Monday for the egg retrieval procedure. I'll admit, I am nervous since this is my first time ever. It all happened so fast, I honestly thought it'd take a lot longer then it did to get to this point. But now it's so close I'm like 'wait where did all the days go'

So yes, quite nervous. Does anyone have any advice about it? Been reading through and it helps to hear from other ladies who have gone through it, still nervous though.
    Hey there! How exciting!!! Don't be nervous. I have had 2 done and both were different. Relax as much as possible. I had acupuncture prior too which helped to relax. It is a fairly quick procedure. Just keep thinking about the potential outcome... keep your eye on the prize! Do you know if you are having twilight sedation or a GA? Not sure what primary usually do, as haven't gone with them before. Fingers crossed for lots of great quality eggs!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with primary IVF #5

Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    Hey there! How exciting!!! Don't be nervous. I have had 2 done and both were different. Relax as much as possible. I had acupuncture prior too which helped to relax. It is a fairly quick procedure. Just keep thinking about the potential outcome... keep your eye on the prize! Do you know if you are having twilight sedation or a GA? Not sure what primary usually do, as haven't gone with them before. Fingers crossed for lots of great quality eggs!
    Hi~
    Well I'll certainly try to relax, though hubby always says I'm the stress queen haha. I have a fear of needles, the injections every night were a struggle, so I've never tried acupuncture as it freaks me out. Silly sounding I know but eep needles. Good to know it's fairly quick though Not sure which sedation primary ivf use as I never thought to ask. I guess I'll find out on the day. All my fingers and toes are crossed for quality eggs 🤞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies,

I have been reading this thread for quite some time now, in anticipation of the journey my husband (35, almost 36) and I (34) are about to embark upon. We have been trying to convince for 2 years now, with no luck.

A bit of history - Hubby was tested about 4 or 5 years ago, and was found to have a high count of approximately 15 million, but with 92% motility. I had my first ever PAP done in March just gone, which came back normal (thank goodness!). We are relatively healthy in general.

We had our first appointment at Primary IVF in Sydney in April, and were sent off to have some further tests done.

Yesterday, we went to see our GP & FS at Primary IVF Sydney to get our results.

Hubby’s results have come back disappointing, as his count has halved to 7 million, with 96% motility. He was devastated, and I think I was just a bit numb as we weren't expecting this. Our FS remained very optimistic, and said that ICSI is the way to go for us, so that was encouraging. She has instructed him to stop smoking and lose some weight.

My tests have all come back normal, apart from a large (8cm) endometrioma cyst on my left ovary which was picked up during my internal ultrasound, and there was a note suggesting a possible heart-shaped uterus. Apparently, having an endometrioma means that I also have endometriosis, which came as quite a surprise as it has never caused me any issues (other than effecting my fertility, as it turns out). Despite the endometrioma, my left ovary had 7 follicles, and my right had 10, and my hormone levels were all normal, so that was good news!

Now, as a result of my endometrioma diagnosis, we have been given 3 options by our FS:

* Have surgery to remove the cyst (and the endometriosis at the same time) before we start any ICSI treatments
    * Go and have another ultrasound at a private clinic to get a more in-depth understanding of what I do and don't have present in my reproductive system (they're called Ultrasound Care, and are very expensive apparently!). And move forward based on the findings
    * Leave the endometrioma cyst as it is, do a cycle, and hope for the best. If it doesn't work, then we revisit the surgery route

I have never been under general anaesthetic or had any type of surgery before, and I am really anxious about the whole procedure. I don't have private health insurance, and can't afford to pay thousands of dollars to have it done privately, but I have been told that the waiting time via the public system could be 12 months as it's not deemed life threatening. Obviously, we really don't want to wait this long to start ICSI, so I am at a bit of a loss and feeling a bit dejected.

I would love to know if any of you have had a similar experience with endometriomas, and how it all went for you. Did you have it removed prior to starting IVF? If not, did the IVF work? If so, was your surgery done in the public sector? How long did you have to wait?

I'm so sorry for the epic essay and millions of questions, and I'd really appreciate any advice you ladies can give me.

I hope all of you are going well – congratulations to those of you who have conceived, and my best wishes to those still trying. I have been following all of your journey’s quite closely, and look forward to sharing the rest of mine with you, too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @KittyLynn! I think it's sedation and not GA but you will be knocked out and won't feel a thing. I think it's the same drug they use for endoscopy.

It was really painful after waking up but just ask for painkillers. I never needed another dose of painkiller and I went back to work the next day.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Giraffez For This Useful Post:

KittyLynn  (27-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SnowWhite83 will the cyst increase in size due to the ivf meds? I had a 3cm water cyst and had that removed. I also had slight endo removed. Maybe it's worth getting a quote for the lap?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite83 View Post
    Good morning ladies,

I have been reading this thread for quite some time now, in anticipation of the journey my husband (35, almost 36) and I (34) are about to embark upon. We have been trying to convince for 2 years now, with no luck.

A bit of history - Hubby was tested about 4 or 5 years ago, and was found to have a high count of approximately 15 million, but with 92% motility. I had my first ever PAP done in March just gone, which came back normal (thank goodness!). We are relatively healthy in general.

We had our first appointment at Primary IVF in Sydney in April, and were sent off to have some further tests done.

Yesterday, we went to see our GP & FS at Primary IVF Sydney to get our results.

Hubby’s results have come back disappointing, as his count has halved to 7 million, with 96% motility. He was devastated, and I think I was just a bit numb as we weren't expecting this. Our FS remained very optimistic, and said that ICSI is the way to go for us, so that was encouraging. She has instructed him to stop smoking and lose some weight.

My tests have all come back normal, apart from a large (8cm) endometrioma cyst on my left ovary which was picked up during my internal ultrasound, and there was a note suggesting a possible heart-shaped uterus. Apparently, having an endometrioma means that I also have endometriosis, which came as quite a surprise as it has never caused me any issues (other than effecting my fertility, as it turns out). Despite the endometrioma, my left ovary had 7 follicles, and my right had 10, and my hormone levels were all normal, so that was good news!

Now, as a result of my endometrioma diagnosis, we have been given 3 options by our FS:

* Have surgery to remove the cyst (and the endometriosis at the same time) before we start any ICSI treatments
    * Go and have another ultrasound at a private clinic to get a more in-depth understanding of what I do and don't have present in my reproductive system (they're called Ultrasound Care, and are very expensive apparently!). And move forward based on the findings
    * Leave the endometrioma cyst as it is, do a cycle, and hope for the best. If it doesn't work, then we revisit the surgery route

I have never been under general anaesthetic or had any type of surgery before, and I am really anxious about the whole procedure. I don't have private health insurance, and can't afford to pay thousands of dollars to have it done privately, but I have been told that the waiting time via the public system could be 12 months as it's not deemed life threatening. Obviously, we really don't want to wait this long to start ICSI, so I am at a bit of a loss and feeling a bit dejected.

I would love to know if any of you have had a similar experience with endometriomas, and how it all went for you. Did you have it removed prior to starting IVF? If not, did the IVF work? If so, was your surgery done in the public sector? How long did you have to wait?

I'm so sorry for the epic essay and millions of questions, and I'd really appreciate any advice you ladies can give me.

I hope all of you are going well – congratulations to those of you who have conceived, and my best wishes to those still trying. I have been following all of your journey’s quite closely, and look forward to sharing the rest of mine with you, too.
    Hi @SnowWhite83
    We had our FS appointment yesterday with Prof.Chris James. He's so wonderful and caring. listened to all our stories carefully. I've got the same issues like yours a good decease of endometriosis it was found out after a tubal patency and advanced ultrasound. I asked the doctor whether it should be removed before I start the cycle. He said it could be endometriosis but can not be confirmed without laparoscopy test. what he advised us was not to go with the surgery (I had a surgery in my both ovaries 3 years ago for a cyst and a fibroid) he said the surgery might be harmful for the good tissues as well. He has done so many IVF cycles to the women who got very bad conditions and some got pregnant easily. so we decided to go with the IVF cycle of cause i do not like surgeries. we will see. my next appointment with the nurse in July. one month waiting...and i wish you all the best with lots of baby
    Last edited by Indy9; 27-05-2017 at 10:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @meelou sorry for the delayed reply. I've got pcos too and the lovely primary gp put me straight onto provera to induce a period so that cycles become more regular, which means easier for identifying the dates for tests they are after in the cycle.

So exciting to have so many lovely people here doing the same thing with us!

I'll be starting the meds for first stim cycle ever this week, likely Monday night, so wish me luck!

Xx
    Beth

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Baby06is For This Useful Post:

Indy9  (29-05-2017)