Closed Thread
Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm going through Primary IVF and had a FET this morning. We were with MIVF and they were fantastic however we couldn't keep up with the costs. We are trying for baby#2 and so far primary have been very good. The only difference is they prefer to communicate with text messages whereas the private clinic was more personalised. Given the difference is overall costs I really don't mind the texts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, does anyone know if Primary do EPUs over the weekend or is it just Monday-Friday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Butterflycandle..in Melbourne it's Monday Wednesday or Friday only

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Giraffez. Do they give you the birth control pill beforehand so they can ensure the pickup happens during those days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterflycandle..not sure about the pill. I had an antagonist cycle and basically the orgalutran prevented u from ovulating and they ask u to trigger at the right time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Giraffez View Post
    @Butterflycandle..not sure about the pill. I had an antagonist cycle and basically the orgalutran prevented u from ovulating and they ask u to trigger at the right time.
    Thanks hun. If your eggs are big and ready for a Saturday pickup, will they just lower stims so the eggs are not over grown by Monday's pickup?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterflycandle maybe they will pick up on Friday instead? Bloods and scans are always done mon wed fri as well so the decision to trigger is always made that day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterflycandle, they reduced my Gonal F a couple of days before the trigger.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any experiences with primary IVF #5

Wrong thread!
    Last edited by KittyCat; 27-12-2016 at 07:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Firstly I'd like to thank everyone for all the sharing & advices;
    This thread has been very insightful and the support that you showed to one another is wonderful.

I have been following this thread for about a year;
    this is my first time posting; would like to share my experience with Primary IVF Sydney; hoping it will be beneficial for others.

My journey with IVF started around Dec 2015.
    I was 40 yo and DH was 38. None of us had any child/pregnant before.
    We had been trying naturally for almost a year, but had no result.
    I finally got a referral from my GP to see one of IVF Australia FS.
    I believe there are many great FS in IVF A, just this one that I went is very unique. I went to this FS by myself on the first consultation and as this is new to me, I had many questions about fertility.
    Firstly the FS was late for 1.5 hours and secondly he was short in answering my questions. He told me that due to my age, my chance of conceiving is only 40% and he asked me: 'why didn't you try to conceive earlier?'
    Well there is no straight answer to that question but i remembered I answered that 'I met my husband late and we settled down late'.
    He ordered some blood test for me and DH and asked me to return for a second consultation together with DH.

On the second consultation, the FS kept us waiting for about an hour.
    He advised us to make a decision whether to go for IVF or IUI without giving any recommendation which is more appropriate for our circumstances.
    We had many questions about the process, the side effects and the costs.
    And again he answered shortly and asked DH 'Why did you try late?'
    We were speechless at that time.
    I left the clinic feeling so annoyed that a professional physician would ask such a personal question to his patients, wondering how would the answer matter at all to him. It's like he purposely made us feeling so guilty of trying late. Anyway we signed the consent form, however I was not feeling very comfortable with this FS.
    Besides, he was never on time.
    Both DH and I have a hectic work schedule; we took our lunch break to go for the consultations, we ended up returning to the office late and missed out some meetings.
    What I am trying to say is: the cost in IVF Australia (from consultation fee to each of IVF procedure) is very high; yet we received bad service from day 1.

Since then I started to do some research on other options.
    As our workplaces are not far from the Townhall station; We often passed by the Pavillion Foodcourt and saw the 'Primary IVF' sign.
    One day I just walked in and chat with the Receptionist. She was very friendly despite how busy she was; she walked me through the process and the cost.
    At first I couldn't believe that the cost was much lower compared to IVF Australia.
    I began to google Primary IVF and found this forum and this thread, and have been reading it since.

I had no complain since starting my journey with Primary IVF.
    Yes, I didn't receive red carpet treatment either but since the cost is low, I think Primary is AWESOME.
    My first egg transfer was in Feb 2016. After 3 fresh cycles and 4 BFNs, today I am 6 weeks pregnant.
    I had Beta test last week and the week before; HCG level was 215 on week 4 and 1130 last week.
    I am going to have my first scan next week.
    My GP adviced me not to be too happy first as anything could happen; She told me that her other patient had a mc on week 9.
    Oh Well.. after 4 BFNs, I had stopped hopping, stopped expecting, & trying to take one step at a time...any advice for me will be very much appreciated ...

apologies for rambling,
    Just want to wish everyone a Successful cycle - and never give up !
    @Billie2, do you happen to know if we could change anytime from Crinone to Oripro ?
    I was advice to have Crinone twice a day, however Crinone makes me very depressed.
    I called and asked the nurse if I could change to Oripro, and she said since I've started with Crinone, I couldn't change it.
    This side effect of Crinone is almost unbearable.

Happy New Year to everyone here - 2017 will be a much better year for ALL of us, stay positive !
    cheers

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyez For This Useful Post:

Giraffez  (31-12-2016),mummanow  (12-01-2017)