Closed Thread
Page 39 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Scans and bloods

So my hubby works away on a roster 7/7-- and have read and been told they have to be present for every appt. I'm concerned about this as during our initial ivf cycle which resulted in our daughter my scans were sometimes every day or every second day.

He should be able to get to all the big ones with the fs just every blood or scan seems a bit extreme. I'm hoping there is somewhere in Ballina,nsw (we will be going through the Brisbane clinic) that does bloods there is a laverty pathology and qml which are both listed under primary healthcares page so hoping they will honour the bulk billing and hopefully we have a imaging place that can do the scans locally too.

Our only other option is for hubby to take it as sick leave or something to that effect to cover us so he can be home for all the appointments.

-anyone else had experience with this??

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cantw8ttobmummy hopefully it's implantation cramps-- when is your bt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundysmiles View Post
    So my hubby works away on a roster 7/7-- and have read and been told they have to be present for every appt. I'm concerned about this as during our initial ivf cycle which resulted in our daughter my scans were sometimes every day or every second day.

He should be able to get to all the big ones with the fs just every blood or scan seems a bit extreme. I'm hoping there is somewhere in Ballina,nsw (we will be going through the Brisbane clinic) that does bloods there is a laverty pathology and qml which are both listed under primary healthcares page so hoping they will honour the bulk billing and hopefully we have a imaging place that can do the scans locally too.

Our only other option is for hubby to take it as sick leave or something to that effect to cover us so he can be home for all the appointments.

-anyone else had experience with this??
    My clinic "suggests" the partner attends all appointments, but doesn't force it. I think it's important that they understand the process and might help them feel more involved, but at the same time -the bills keep coming in! I have the same issue with my husband - he is very busy with work at this time of year. I'm lucky he is able to take time off for the egg collection day, let alone all the scans and blood tests! As long as he is there for the ER and the ET I am happy with that. It should be up to you and your partner, not the clinic. I'm sure if you speak to them, it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bundysmiles hubby needs to be there for doctor appointments. I think this is so that they can claim from Medicare. He doesn't need to be around for blood tests and scans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. We are hoping to be able to find out if we can do the scans and bloods locally here in Ballina as there is a laverthy pathology here. Just not sure of scans.
    Will be able to confirm once we have our first consultation however hubby has been accomodating and said he will just make it work between work and appointments.
    Our first ivf we were based in the same town and were forced to be there for every scan but were told for et and egg pick up (for semen collection anyway) that it was highly recommended or for me to have support person. But he was there for both as work was just out of town.

Hopefully primary ivf are understanding but either way we will make it work hubby can take sick leave if need be.

Have organised an earlier in the day appointment so we can get bloods and scans whilst there following our initial consultation so we can get the most out of the day.

How's everyone else travelling along?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Bundysmiles the scan has to be done just after period so just time it correctly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Giraffez
    My cycle is so hit and miss. Last month was 9 days late and this month was 5 days early going by app which works out averages.
    We considered transferring our frozen embies from qfg but probably cheaper and easier to just do a while fresh cycle with primary as we have to redo tests and start again as it was back in 2014.

Hoping we will follow a similar protocol as I did previously which included a down regulation prior to undergoing ivf. But will see they may not feel we need to or can do something different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bt is on Friday I can't wait it's the worst 2ww and it's taking forever

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Cantw8ttobmummy, I can't imagine how anxious you must feel. I just had my first scan and blood test. They told me possibly 8 follicles on each but they're not sure. The nurse wouldn't confirm either. I hate this waiting game and not knowing.