Closed Thread
Page 24 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Giraffez 4 mature one at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Ladies, @Giraffez how are you feeling? My symptoms changed regularly when pregnant, how many days post transfer are you now? Are you going to poas? @Cantw8ttobmummy sounds like progress to me... how much longer are you on meds for? One good embryo is all you need!
    Afm im just waiting for af. Then I can do more bloods and pelvic ultrasound and we can start round two. I booked in all our appointments for the 5/12 so that is the gp/dr mcdonald/nurse. Has anyone else seen Dr Mc Donald?
    Also do all drs do their embryo transfer without ultrasound? I think I would prefer it done with?
    Anyways enjoy the weekend ladies

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beckmilamoo For This Useful Post:

Giraffez  (05-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Beckmilamoo I'm 5 days post transfer and feeling absolutely no symptoms at all. Is that common?

My boobs were sore just before transfer and now not sore at all.

Feel like I shouldn't poas just don't want to feel disappointed. Will period come on crinone or will the crinone stop it?

I'm in melb so u have to check with the Sydney girls re ultrasound transfer. Mine didn't and it was over in a flash.

Why do u need ivf?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, @Giraffez

Some people have no symptoms at all so yes it can be common. My FS told me that symptoms usually start to kick in at about six weeks and you would only be 2.5? Although some people do get early symptoms. Was it a three or five day transfer?

Im not sure about the crinone? I was on progesterone pessaries so I can't tell you.

I am the queen of poas I did it rather to keep from getting to anxious but everyone is different. I also made sure I had a negative before starting.

I really want an ultrasound guided transfer. I prefer to see what is happening and the fs can then choose the best spot to place, I will enquire at my next app.

We need IVF because I don't ovulate for long enough my egg seems to dissapear within a few hours and my partner has a slightly low sperm count.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all! I'm new. I was diagnosed with high natural killer cells and DQ alpha match with my partner earlier this year after trying naturally for 1.5 years. I was referred to Dr Nick L at Monash but the cost freaked me out. I'm 39 and don't have any other problems apart from a BMI of 37.5 (also trying to lose weight). So today I went to Primary IVF and saw Dr Nic for the first time today. He was lovely and hopeful saying my last ultrasound showed 10 follicles and my AMH of 10 was good for my age. He said he will give me Prednisolone 25mg and Clexane 20mg before the embryo transfer. He said he will not give me intralipids or LIT therapy it's not safe and also told me not to worry about the DQ results. Very anti all of this stuff. So my options are either go with Primary or go straight to Monash and pay 10K for the full treatment. The more I read the more doubtful I think ivf will work. What do you think? I must say after a full 2 weeks of crying everyday, seeing Dr Nic at Primary made me feel so much more hopeful. I see the nurse and counsellor together next week. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks ladies. ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @VanessaM
    I have had one round and one transfer with next generation fertility who are partners with Monash and they were very good! But realistically private is so expensive ... not $10,000 though we paid about $3,000 out of pocket for one round but there are lots of different expenses to add such as consults $220, ultrasound $260, meds $200, hospital $500, embryo freeze fee $250 per six months I think so all up I spent 6,500 in 5 months.
    My recommendation would be to give the bulk billed primary a chance and after one or two rounds weigh up your options!
    best of luck xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Beckmilamoo For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (05-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @VanessaM I didn't know primary does consults on saturdays! I would give primary a try too. The first cycle is also usually a test cycle to see how u respond to the meds so better bulk bill than spending a ton with monash.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Giraffez For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (05-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Beckmilamoo how do u know ur egg disappears within a few hours? Suppose that's y ppl say the spermies have to be there before ovulation!

Maybe u can specially request them to do ultrasound transfer for u?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Beckmilamoo had a 5 day transfer

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Giraffez
    I found out during our testing but I kind of knew because I used the ovulation tests to make sure we were timing sex right (before and after ovulation) and the smiley face would not flash by the afternoon (I used two tests to check) which I thought was very strange.
    I will request it surely one of the drs can do it lol
    have you made any poas decisions?