ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RenaiH View Post
    Did you ladies take your husbands/partners to your pre-transfer progress scans? I feel like there won't be much need, but I also would also like him to be involved in as much of the process as he can be.
    @RenaiH I didn't, mainly because of his work (I knew he was going to need time off with the PESA do didn't want to waste his brownie points) also most other ladies at my clinic didn't seem to take their DH/DP. I also just didn't think he'd be as interested as I was!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nettz84 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (14-11-2016),RenaiH  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 in my case I had Ovidrel 10,000. The explanation of follicles not being empty but having eggs that get stuck does make sense too. I might ask my FS if he is aware of this research. I think my clinic also uses pregnyl for some cases so maybe that's the answer. Not sure but I will definitely be requesting some changes next time

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nettz84 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nettz84 that was quite strange because you have such a good AMH. how much ovidrel dose you were given? I have been 250mcg trigger. I'm quite new to IVF but seems to me that some of the eggs might have came out of follicles before EPU(it might sound weird but just thinking what could have happened in your case) because never heard half of the follicles empty. What was your estrogen level before EPU just to relate how many mature follicles wud have been thr?
    Good luck and hope you get BFP soon

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anne123 For This Useful Post:

nettz84  (14-11-2016),Phia  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383...sorry for the confusion. I was taking 250 earlier so it would be 200 now for today and tomm not 50 . Well 50 also make sense if I don't want follicles to overgrow, thx 4 the idea

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anne123 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @anne123 thanks, yeah it was a bit of a mystery but re reading @pingc383's earlier post perhaps it was an egg quality issue as empty follicles is probably inaccurate. It's entirely possible the cancelled cycle in August contributed to this result.
    I actually don't know what my e2 was the day of trigger, I will ask for that and some other results if I need to see FS again to plan another cycle
    Oh and I had 2 x 250mcg Ovidrel trigger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RenaiH View Post
    Did you ladies take your husbands/partners to your pre-transfer progress scans? I feel like there won't be much need, but I also would also like him to be involved in as much of the process as he can be.
    I don't my hubby has severe anxiety when it comes to hospitals and doctors etc so he does EPU with me and if he's home on days off ET.

Quote Originally Posted by anne123 View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm not so happy today after the second scan.
    I had 8 follicles (21,21, 17, 17,17,15, 14,14) and four more <10mm(10,6,6,6). I thought they will give me trigger today but clinic told me that they are fully booked and my EPU will be on Friday (triger on wed night). I have only 8 good size follicles and I think most of them will be oversize by Friday. I'm not happy with their decision. my estrogen is 6000
    Any suggestions that what should be the size of follicles on the day of trigger?
    I have to take gona f today and tomorrow, do the follicle size keep on increasing after we stop gona-f?
    Oh Hun I'd be telling them that is not acceptable as you are paying them.....

Quote Originally Posted by meganmaryrullo View Post
    I have my egg retrieval tomorrow. A little nervous. Really new to the process, what should I expect?
    I was really bloated after mine but I was borderline OHSS.

Quote Originally Posted by reecey5 View Post
    Hi ladies - We saw our FS today to get the results of the Lap and Hyst, she said that she removed a lot of endo and that one of the tubes are blocked, but not a problem with IVF.

We're going into a natural FET as soon as AF arrives. Normally cycles are exactly 28 days, but we're now up to day 30 with no sign of AF. Has anyone else been late after this procedure?
    Hope someone can help. I've not had this procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by nettz84 View Post
    So the clinic advised me today that of the 3 embryos left after transfer, only 1 survived the weekend
    However, 1 is better than 0! It is a grade 2 blast and the clinic grades from 1-5 with 1 being the best so I am ok with this. Trying not to be too disappointed. DP is devastated, poor thing but at least I know that I've done a stim cycle once so I know I can get through it again. @jeb8303 I completely understand what you are saying I feel the same. I have had multiple symptoms since ET but every single one can be attributed to progesterone. Tired, headaches, elevated heart rate etc - all known progesterone side effects. Sigh. Also, crinone is freaking GROSS - but I'd still rather it over more injections.
    I'm reassuring myself by knowing that my little emby wouldn't even have implanted yet so there is still hope. I think for a 2 day emby they don't implant until 6-7 days after ET? Is that correct? Currently I am only 3dp2dt.
    It only takes one and I hope you make it to transfer Hun.

AFM: had accupuncture Friday for the first time and don't know if it's coincidence or not (really don't care lol) but my last 3 cycles I'll have AF for 3 days then it disappears for 24 hrs comes back for 24 then disappears for 24 and goes like that until CD 10-11. Looked like it was gonna do that (disappeared real quick night of CD 3, accu was cd 4) & then it came back 2hrs after my appt and then tapered off properly (not just disappeared). So dunno if it worked or if it's coincidence or not but who cares lol my AF was normal. Sorry for rabbiting lol.

First scan is Wednesday arvo.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaybeBabyIVF For This Useful Post:

anne123  (14-11-2016),nettz84  (14-11-2016),RenaiH  (15-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nettz84 hopefully you will not need another cycle.
    Do you know on wt basis they decide the dose of Ovidrel trigger as its 2 * 250mcg in your case and mine is just 250mcg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Yes, please do. They say that Ovidrel is not as good as pregnyl, but the dose you were on is supposed to fix the problem... Try pregnyl. Another doctor in the USA says that he uses 20,000 pregnyl, but he suggests an agonist trigger if you are at risk of OHSS.

I think I might need a higher dose of pregnyl, so I'm going to ask my FS at my next scan in a couple of weeks. But I will know when I speak to Dr Sher.

This happens to me on every cycle and I'm sick of it!!!! It just kills my eggs.. I'm better off trying naturally as my chances are higher than IVF!
    Thanks @pingc383 I've made a note for next time to ask about pregnyl. No idea why my clinic uses pregnyl for some ladies and Ovidrel for others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    I'm surprised they use Ovidrel at all considering it's quite expensive.. It might keep OHSS at bay, but to be honest, it's not necessary on those who don't have many follicles..
    I don't know why they pick certain triggers but I've always had 250 Ovidrel and had the expected number of eggs for follicles/bloods.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

anne123  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, I have one question for the ladies who ever completed any IVF cycle in past. Are you taking synarel spray or Lucrin on the day of the trigger. I take Lucrin in night everyday. I hv my trigger scheduled for Wednesday night.