Closed Thread
Page 41 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my egg retrieval tomorrow. A little nervous. Really new to the process, what should I expect?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - We saw our FS today to get the results of the Lap and Hyst, she said that she removed a lot of endo and that one of the tubes are blocked, but not a problem with IVF.

We're going into a natural FET as soon as AF arrives. Normally cycles are exactly 28 days, but we're now up to day 30 with no sign of AF. Has anyone else been late after this procedure?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pingc383,

no benefit explained. Nurse told me tht they wanted the trigger to be on Tues but Thursday is fully booked for EPU. In fact I emailed my FS, she told me the same story fully booked. FS told me to decease the dose of gona f by 50 . I have heard that upper two eggs are the best one. I will not be happy with any of the eggs getting wasted after so much of efforts and they know I have only few follicles .

Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    That is really unacceptable.. I would have been happy with "we'd like them to grow a few more so we think trigger should be Wed" rather than "we are fully booked for EPU". That's really unacceptable.. they should be triggering you at the right time and not when it's convenient for them.. That's my view.. Although having said that, a couple more days may grow the other 3 to a nice size..

You may lose the upper two, but you may not..

It's hard to say hun.. They should have explained the benefits of waiting a few days.. Who is your clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have done every effort . just crossing my fingers now
    Do you know if follicle keep growing after we stop gona f?

Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    look you might be ok by Wed.. It's difficult to tell if you'll lose the other two, you may not and the others may catch up and give you an increased haul of eggs..
    Is there absolutely nothing they can do to make the trigger tomorrow?
    Have you called them and explained your concerns?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @anne123 I agree completely unacceptable. This sounds pretty unusual most clinics go off when is best for you to get best number and quality of eggs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nettz84 For This Useful Post:

anne123  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So the clinic advised me today that of the 3 embryos left after transfer, only 1 survived the weekend
    However, 1 is better than 0! It is a grade 2 blast and the clinic grades from 1-5 with 1 being the best so I am ok with this. Trying not to be too disappointed. DP is devastated, poor thing but at least I know that I've done a stim cycle once so I know I can get through it again. @jeb8303 I completely understand what you are saying I feel the same. I have had multiple symptoms since ET but every single one can be attributed to progesterone. Tired, headaches, elevated heart rate etc - all known progesterone side effects. Sigh. Also, crinone is freaking GROSS - but I'd still rather it over more injections.
    I'm reassuring myself by knowing that my little emby wouldn't even have implanted yet so there is still hope. I think for a 2 day emby they don't implant until 6-7 days after ET? Is that correct? Currently I am only 3dp2dt.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nettz84 For This Useful Post:

jeb8303  (14-11-2016),Phia  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @meganmaryrullo welcome! EPU tomorrow, how exciting! I just had my first ever last week. I was out for the whole procedure, one minute I was stressing out laying on the table with the anaesthetist trying to find a vein and the next I woke up in recovery! I would recommend taking some mild laxatives before the procedure, nothing too chemical-y maybe just something natural. This may be tmi but I had hectic constipation after which only got worse after I started progesterone. I should have prepared better, you will be heaps more comfortable after if you can go to the toilet.
    The first night I was extremely bloated and in a fair bit of pain but it was manageable with codeine. I thought I was bloated before EPU, well I didn't know the meaning of bloated until after EPU! Bloating took 4 days to go down.
    They only got 7 eggs from me so I wasn't at risk of OHSS - but if you are at any risk I would recommend all the things that you know already - lots of fluids, protein and electrolytes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nettz84 For This Useful Post:

anne123  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nettz84 I was hoping at least 6-8 eggs earlier but don't whats gonna happen now. do you know what was the size of eggs when they gave u trigger?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @anne123 I had trigger when I had 15 or 16 follies in the right size range (all over 15, lead follicle was 22). But we didn't know at the time that half of them would be empty But of course number of follies will differ depending on the person, we expected good response from me with my 'normal' AmH (21) and especially after over stimulating on my first (cancelled) cycle. Your response may be completely different as it depends on so many factors like ovarian reserve etc.
    My FS isn't sure what caused my empty follies as I shouldn't technically have empty follies at my age (32) and no known female factor issues and with my good AmH. It could be that some follies were still lingering around from my cancelled cycle, I had 6 weeks on the pill to try and settle them down but maybe that wasn't enough.
    Anyway that was a very long answer to your question!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    Big hugs - I am in the same boat as you - I'm just waiting on my BFN call from my nurse.

The disappointment is a soul-killer. I'm so sorry you're not feeling it! Symptom spotting sucks!

But you never know.... don't count yourself out just yet!

Was this round a DE cycle for you? Local or abroad?

I just sent off an email to Team Miracle in Cyprus - I'm aiming for a DE cycle in May.

Hang in there!
    @Phia I'm so sorry to hear this. Hugs xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nettz84 For This Useful Post:

Phia  (14-11-2016)