ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 112 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1300
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Thank you hon, there is something that doesn't add up. I understand if there's been some issues, that someone might change their name and start again - that's fine and no problem, I'm sure many on here have done it. But starting fresh is different to pretending to be someone else and telling half-truths and saying pretty much the same things that you said as the previous version of yourself. It's confusing and not fair to those who may not have known the previous poster and the issues that came up.
    How very strange.... at first I was shocked by the inference that someone would do that.

And I've gone back to first posts and can see what you mean....

There have been a few weird things that have happened here - Ive not understood them all - but it's disconcerting given so many of us really value and treasure this support.

I don't know what to say or how to feel other than confused and concerned.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-12-2016),dani251  (06-12-2016),Flower78  (05-12-2016),MaybeBabyIVF  (05-12-2016),Summer  (05-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    How very strange.... at first I was shocked by the inference that someone would do that.

And I've gone back to first posts and can see what you mean....

There have been a few weird things that have happened here - Ive not understood them all - but it's disconcerting given so many of us really value and treasure this support.

I don't know what to say or how to feel other than confused and concerned.
    Sorry hon, I didn't mean to upset other posters - but I wanted to call out some conflicting information by one poster - as it makes everyone uncomfortable if someone on the thread is quite obviously telling stories - we then wonder who we can trust and if our genuine sharing is to someone who is above board or not.

This is what I wrote in the other thread:

"My apologies to all the lovely ladies cycling and here for support and encouragement of each other. A little while ago in another thread we had an issue with someone in the thread that we couldn't trust, and that burned a lot of us. We are vulnerable and are in a position where we do put ourselves in a position of trust with other online ladies, sharing our hearts and what we are going through on this journey.

I just saw something that wasn't adding up and wanted to have it cleared up, as I believe there does have to be a good element of trust between people on a thread. When it works well it is amazing and these threads have gotten me through some very rough times. I'm sure we all have an online persona, but when there are things that are suspicious and not adding up from a poster, it leaves everyone wondering where they truly stand, and it's not a nice feeling.

I hope everyone does continue to post and support each other as this is such a valuable forum - but there does need to be a certain level of honesty so that everyone can feel comfortable."

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-12-2016),MaybeBabyIVF  (05-12-2016),Phia  (05-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry all, I think I may have joined at the wrong time, but I just have a question, does anyone know what the trick is with these sealed glass pregnyl vials? This is the second one that's shattered in my fingers... I just can't get them to open properly..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warratag View Post
    Sorry all, I think I may have joined at the wrong time, but I just have a question, does anyone know what the trick is with these sealed glass pregnyl vials? This is the second one that's shattered in my fingers... I just can't get them to open properly..
    This has happened to me a number of times too! It was my last stim cycle in Oct - I feel like there's a dodgy batch because it never happened to me on the previous two cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I have the trigger and my clinic prefers 3 day transfer when is the earliest I can do the test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks phia. its looked easy when the nurse showed me. I might wait for hubby to come home and let him try.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET November / December 2016

I think I can help! I shattered my first one, then worked out I was holding my thumb up vertically instead of horizontally across the narrow part of the vial. If you can't picture it, look closely at the demo picture on the instructions (or the internet if your book doesn't have it in). Make sure the dot is facing you, that's the weakened bit that's designed to crack

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Sorry hon, I didn't mean to upset other posters - but I wanted to call out some conflicting information by one poster - as it makes everyone uncomfortable if someone on the thread is quite obviously telling stories - we then wonder who we can trust and if our genuine sharing is to someone who is above board or not.

This is what I wrote in the other thread:

"My apologies to all the lovely ladies cycling and here for support and encouragement of each other. A little while ago in another thread we had an issue with someone in the thread that we couldn't trust, and that burned a lot of us. We are vulnerable and are in a position where we do put ourselves in a position of trust with other online ladies, sharing our hearts and what we are going through on this journey.

I just saw something that wasn't adding up and wanted to have it cleared up, as I believe there does have to be a good element of trust between people on a thread. When it works well it is amazing and these threads have gotten me through some very rough times. I'm sure we all have an online persona, but when there are things that are suspicious and not adding up from a poster, it leaves everyone wondering where they truly stand, and it's not a nice feeling.

I hope everyone does continue to post and support each other as this is such a valuable forum - but there does need to be a certain level of honesty so that everyone can feel comfortable."
    Is this a question the mods can answer? I noticed a similarity in style myself but disregarded it given the different back story. However since your post I checked and all @pingc383's posts are gone except when quoted, which is odd....I don't like the feeling of there being someone untruthful (don't know that is the case for sure yet) but I'd like it to be settled. Ummmm mods?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-12-2016),lotsathoughts  (05-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower78 View Post
    I think I can help! I shattered my first one, then worked out I was holding my thumb up vertically instead of horizontally across the narrow part of the vial. If you can't picture it, look closely at the demo picture on the instructions (or the internet if your book doesn't have it in). Make sure the dot is facing you, that's the weakened bit that's designed to crack
    I did it thank YOU thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it thank YOU thank you
    Great! I felt scared I would cut myself before I worked this out.
    👍👍👍