ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 104 of 130 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1300
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Etalanta View Post
    Sounds great Fairyfloss. Really would love to get more ideas about our situation. We can compare notes . I will post a few more messages and hopefully we can start discussions ASAP! Thanks for your message xo
    That sounds great hun! I think you have to get to 5-6 messages cos that's what happened to me and then it got activated!

So post a few more and I'll send you a pm!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kattran View Post
    @fairyfloss7676 @MysticFalls
    Unfortunately my lining measurement was at 4.5 on the day of trigger. Prior to starting I had an AMH OF 1.6 and lining of 1.3 - tough cookies eh?

Having read a lot of info we know it's absolutely not ideal. Reason why we're going ahead is because the natural method of catheter entry for ET may not work for me (I have a tight cervical stitch from a previous surgery years ago) and the alternative can only be done up until Jan next year which is a whole other unfortunate reason. Being 29 with health issues for years, we're jumping the gun.

I had 10 follicles with only 5 mature eggs taken out. Still waiting on a phone call from the scientist and still trying to be hopeful despite the odds!
    Oh so sorry to hear that hun.. Did they say why you're lining is thin? Did they say what else they could do to thicken up the lining? From what I've read, the estrogen should help... ? Have they tried you on that?

Fx the phone call from the scientist is a good one hun. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fairyfloss7676 View Post
    Thank you hun.. Yeah, he's a bit of a gloom and doom sorta guy.. It gets me down.. I haven't even finished the cycle yet and he's already telling me it's not looking good and I have about 12 follicles!!!!!!

In fact, he told me at the day 2 scan that there weren't going to be more than about 2-3 eggs and that's if I was lucky!!!!!!

I dunno hun.. I don't know why he just doesn't wait for the cycle to end before he starts the doom and gloom talk!!

Yes, the financial issue is going to be a problem, so that's why we're going to a bulk bill facility! We're seeing Primary and also TFC who only charge $600 out of pocket per cycle. This way we can afford to cycle for 3 years back to back.

I know you've made a decision to move on, but did you ever consider the low cost or bulk bill clinics?
    Oh Hun I so hope there's a surprise for you with more egg.

We used a low cost clinic and still have the same FS every appt as we are regional & I don't think I could go anywhere else as the staff are amazing same nurse every time too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBabyIVF View Post
    Oh Hun I so hope there's a surprise for you with more egg.

We used a low cost clinic and still have the same FS every appt as we are regional & I don't think I could go anywhere else as the staff are amazing same nurse every time too.
    Thank you so much hun, it's nice to be part of a group or very supportive women who are so encouraging!!

How much out of pocket are you at your low cost clinic? Regional areas are much nicer and more laid back

I don't think there's anything wrong with the low cost clinics.. It's not like the high cost clinics are doing anything more than the low cost ones.. They're all the same.. I'm in favour of low cost/bulk billed ones!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fairyfloss7676 For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (04-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much is monash per cycle and how much do you get back?
    Too much and not enough!! I am paying around $12k per cycle and will be out of pocket about $5.5k

I have enquired with Primary which is actually my closest clinic, but my understanding is that they are no frills and so can't accommodate single ladies using donor sperm. I'd be thrilled to be wrong though! I also have heard through the network of ladies using donor sperm that I am part of that Monash is most accommodating of single ladies and also most experimental and willing to throw everything at a cycle which is what I was personally looking for.

At the end of the day if they get a result for me the cost won't matter, and if they don't after a couple of cycles, then I might look at another option.
    Last edited by Jellyblush; 04-12-2016 at 11:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyblush View Post
    Too much and not enough!! I am paying around $12k per cycle and will be out of pocket about $5.5k

I have enquired with Primary which is actually my closest clinic, but my understanding is that they are no frills and so accommodate single ladies using donor sperm. I'd be thrilled to be wrong though! I also have heard through the network of ladies using donor sperm that I am part of that Monash is most accommodating of single ladies and also most experimental and willing to throw everything at a cycle which is what I was personally looking for.

At the end of the day if they get a result for me the cost won't matter, and if they don't after a couple of cycles, then I might look at another option.
    Do you mean primary don't accommodate ladies wanting to use donor sperm? I'm seeing them next week and I will ask them for you.

Wow geeeeebuz! $12k? Woha!

I'm telling you the estrogen primed protocol may be successful for us high FSHers!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you mean primary don't accommodate ladies wanting to use donor sperm? I'm seeing them next week and I will ask them for you.

Wow geeeeebuz! $12k? Woha!

I'm telling you the estrogen primed protocol may be successful for us high FSHers!!!
    Correct!! Please do ask them I've never had a clear answer as to whether they can help me with my own donor! There's a difference between not have a donor program and not allowing someone to BYO sperm

I do feel personally it's best when the odds are against you anyway to use the clinic with the highest success rates which in Melbourne is Monash but like I said if they don't get a result I'll be switching, it's too pricey to give them more than two goes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyblush View Post
    Correct!! Please do ask them I've never had a clear answer as to whether they can help me with my own donor! There's a difference between not have a donor program and not allowing someone to BYO sperm

I do feel personally it's best when the odds are against you anyway to use the clinic with the highest success rates which in Melbourne is Monash but like I said if they don't get a result I'll be switching, it's too pricey to give them more than two goes!
    Sure, I'll ask them for you.

Do they have the best success rates for poor responders tho? I feel like their success rates are only for those women with no other problem than blocked tubes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure, I'll ask them for you.

Do they have the best success rates for poor responders tho? I feel like their success rates are only for those women with no other problem than blocked tubes!
    Hard to know isn't it? I wish there was more clear publication of success rates for all different cohorts to help us choose. I have blocked tubes AND poor responder AND using a donor so probably no hope anywhere!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    6dp5dt feel my period coming it's all over