+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi All. I'm new to here.

Hi All,

It has been suggested to me to join this website because of the wealth of information it has, so here I am.

I am another one who married late in life. Despite high AMH levels and family history of having children later in life, I have struggled to have a family. I married 7 years ago to my current husband and unbeknown to me for the first three years I had an ovulation problem and a thin endometrium, which could have been fixed if there was a more experienced FS at my hospital. By some miracle, I fell pregnant naturally after trying for 3 years and now have a gorgeous 3yo daughter. My husband and I are still yearning for another child. My FS has said I can keep going with IVF and hopefully the right egg will come along without guarantee or look for a donor if you want faster results. I am now in my early 40's and I want the fastest track so I can complete my family and get on with life enjoying raising 2 children, before I get too old. I have also recently had to have my hip replaced, due to being born with CDH, so I can carry a child and be a better mum to the beautiful little toddler I'm so lucky to have.

I live in remote NSW, which I wasn't sure how I was going to handle, not having a lunchtime walking buddy or Friday beers with my friends and no coffee shop within 100 odd kilometres. Instant coffee isn't quite the same when you have another option. However I have survived and have formed some great friends out here and the community spirit is awesome. I can't think of a better place to raise children than in remote Australia. Living with animals all day everyday, both pets and work and being so safe and free. To add to that I also live on a lake which becomes a watersport mecca when it is full of water. Living on a lake is another dream I have had all my life. I live closer to town compared to many and take my daughter to music group, swimming and daycare one day a week. I do this to ensure her social skills develop which could otherwise suffer being an only child in a remote area. All other families here average 3 children.

My interests are horse sports, gardening, leatherwork, walking, water sports, breeding chickens and loving many pets including 9 dogs, 6 EOG chickens, 3 horses, many pet sheep and goats and 4-5 cows.

My husband's interests are reading books of self endeavour, gardening, researching on the net. He has a beautiful fruit orchard. We spend summer eating apricots, nectrines, peaches, plums and mulberries. Yummo! All excess is stewed and frozen for winter consumption.

I am sure I will meet some lovely people on this site who are experiencing the same problems as me and living the same dream. There will be others who will share their advice, which will be greatly appreciated. I look forward to reading them.

Jo

I also have an ad placed in the egg donor section of this forum.
    Last edited by jolomo; 11-09-2016 at 21:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @jolomo, go and check out the "Ivf over 40" thread. You'll get lots of support from some lovely ladies in similar situations there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MrsErinR,

Thanks for the advice.

Do you mind if I ask where in Adelaide you found your donor? i.e magazine, friend etc. DH and I are the same age as you 2, we have one awesome little girl and yearn for another and also give her a sibling. Adelaide is our preferable place to go.

Thanks

Jo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @jolomo, my signature may have been misleading. We actually went to South Africa (SA) for an egg donor. That is popular, and so is Greece, the US, and some other countries. The process overseas is a bit different to Australia and you can choose a donor and get going quite fast, but the donor remains anonymous.

If you are seeking a donor here, I think it's good to get active on the egg donation australia forum and I'm sure some other ladies can give you advice on that, particularly in the over 40s thread.

I'm happy to give you further info on my experience in South Africa if you want me to.