ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 99 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,
    wondering if anyone has any advice on using clexane?
    ive just had my 4th early miscarriage through Ivf this cycle I used aspirin and steroids as well as pessaries and progynova but looking at including clexane this time too..
    did adding clexane work for anyone? Should I give it a try?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe87 View Post
    Hello,
    ive just had my 4th early miscarriage through Ivf this cycle I used aspirin and steroids as well as pessaries and progynova but looking at including clexane this time too..
    I used clexane, as did many others on this thread. It seems to work for a lot of people, particularly in conjunction with steroids. Helps blood flow to the placenta from what I understand. Do they know what may have caused your miscarriages?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe87 View Post
    Hello,
    Hi there. Clexane with the steriods, progesterone and progynova alone never worked for me, I just kept on MC. I had 2 natural prior to IVF and 5 with IVF and on those medications. I then sought the hel of a reproductive immunologist and he found some immune issues that were treated with those medications but also a few more. I now have my little one who will be 6 weeks tomorrow thanks to that treatment.
    Hopefully you find out why you are MC and take it from there. Best of luck. Oh and I used clexane until 2 days before I gave birth!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olive79 For This Useful Post:

Ashe87  (16-03-2017),pops  (16-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive79 View Post
    Hi there. Clexane with the steriods, progesterone and progynova alone never worked for me, I just kept on MC. I had 2 natural prior to IVF and 5 with IVF and on those medications. I then sought the hel of a reproductive immunologist and he found some immune issues that were treated with those medications but also a few more. I now have my little one who will be 6 weeks tomorrow thanks to that treatment.
    Hopefully you find out why you are MC and take it from there. Best of luck. Oh and I used clexane until 2 days before I gave birth!
    Hi olive... I have had 3 m/cs from natural pregnancies all at 6.5 weeks (got to the 8 week scan to discover they'd stopped growing at 6.5)
    I've done one round of ivf and got 2 pgd normal embies.
    Had a BFN in December from a natural FET, just received a BFP from an artificial FET... I had an intralipid infusion a week before transfer, I'm on 20mg predisalaone, 12mg progynova, 2 estrogen patches, 60mg clexane, progesterone injections and pessaries.
    Can I ask what else you were on?
    If I miscarry this one I a, definitely going to make an appointment with Dr M, is this who you saw?
    Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Spazzyp For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (17-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Wanting to pick your brains again! I find all the posts here so helpful and everyone so nice. The positive stories are very inspiring esp since I'm a newbie.
    @pops - I agree, when the prednisone dose reduces, people can start feeling tired/dizzy, as the adrenal gland can't produce prednisone on its own since its suppressed with the artificial prednisone. So reducing the dose slowly should help. Were you on higher doses than the 15mg before?
    @Ashe87 - clexane generally used for a blood clotting problem, that's reducing the blood supply to the baby. Eg, antiphospholipid syndrome. So it depends if your FS thinks this is an issue for you?

As for me, so far, I've had the standard recurrent miscarriage investigations done including serum NK cells. Only abnormalities are low positive ANA, MTHFR heterozygous, lowish AMH and endo. I haven't had the reproductive immunology tests yet. My FS wants me to try for a cycle or 2, since I just had a lap for endo. I'm already on clexane, aspirin, progesterone pessaries and start clexane on BFP. There has been talk of prednisone as well. FS wants me to try pred on a IVF cycle but I will ask him about starting it on a natural cycle.

I'm just debating at the moment between seeing Dr M for his tests and getting Dr B's tests. I can see that a lot of ladies here have had success! with Dr M's protocol. I did ask Dr S about doing Dr B's tests and he didn't think it was needed!
    Pros for Dr M: he's local, he covers the important immune tests, DQ matching, immunophenotyping (testing for NK cells), also uterine NK cells. I also heard that he can send for more tests to Chicago? Does anyone know which lab this might be and what tests are sent there?
    Pros and Cons for Dr B: very comprehensive immune panel as per his website. But only access to these tests seems to be through Dr S who is not very helpful to be honest! Also very expensive.

Any ideas or advice from anyone. Thank you

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faith750 For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (20-03-2017),pops  (17-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, hoping i can join thus thread. Ive been reading it forever. Im 36 have stage 4 endo, poor egg quality and poor response to stims/low egg numbers. After 6 failed oe transfers, ive just today failed my 2nd donor egg cycle. I did 20mg pred and 40 clexane for my cycles. All the standard ivf blood tests come back fine.
    Im going to try full donor egg/donor sperm embryos next time i do ivf.
    Im wondering if anyone could answer a few question please?
    - are there immune tests that would not apply, eg the hla matches thingy, because the identity of both donors is unknown and im not coordinating testing on donor egg n sperm from overseas. So i guess are there immune tests that wont matter because its a double donation and if previous immune problems were the result of being to closely matched with my husband then they might be less likely to occur?
    -Are some of the blòod tests available cheaply in australia and can look at those before doing the pricey send overseas ones?
    - can you consult with dr m and get his advice on protocol but have another ivf fs administer and prescribe things like the intralipids and dex steriods? (sorry I'll have to learn the terms now im posting) Just because i live 800km round trip from sydney.
    -does anyone just take all the immune stuff like intralipids etc... empirically, i.e. just do it anyway even without testing?
    I have severe stage 4 endo and there is a history of auto immunity in my family. I have transferred 2 good looking own egg blasties, 4 average day 2-3 own egg embies, 2 day 3 average donor egg embies and now 2 day 5 good looking donor egg embies but all bfn. 10 embryos in total. Never gotten a positive. Tried to concieve naturally for 2 years in my early 30s still nothing with first husband. Current dh has a daughter from previous partner. Hoping moving to full donor will help if there is just some undiagnosable problem with dhs sperm. Im wanting to cover immune bases before i do that though. Just in case.
    Oh and my negative beta today came back at 4, every.other beta has come back under 2. The nurse said it looked like something tried to happen. Does she mean i finally had some attempt at implantation?
    Thanks if you are able to respond :-)
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 17-03-2017 at 21:39.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (20-03-2017),Phia  (19-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Spazzyp hey, we meet again ;-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Spazzyp  (18-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge
    Sorry to hear of your cycles.
    Dr M is definitely worth consulting to rule out or in anything that may be causing problems. You can start with a phone consult. There are some local blood tests he can help with + uterus nkc's via hysteroscopy (if he suggests this).
    You can consult with him and he is happy for you to then be treated by somebody... It's just hard to find that somebody else. Are you country NSW? I'm VIC and Dr L will work with Dr M protocols (he thinks similarly in any case) but not sure about anyone in NSW. Hopefully someone may be able to help answer?
    Re the 4... Hard to tell to be honest if it means anything. What test day was it? Did you have any pregnal or trigger? (Even though DE)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith750 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Wanting to pick your brains again! I find all the posts here so helpful and everyone so nice. The positive stories are very inspiring esp since I'm a newbie.
    @pops - I agree, when the prednisone dose reduces, people can start feeling tired/dizzy, as the adrenal gland can't produce prednisone on its own since its suppressed with the artificial prednisone. So reducing the dose slowly should help. Were you on higher doses than the 15mg before?
    @Ashe87 - clexane generally used for a blood clotting problem, that's reducing the blood supply to the baby. Eg, antiphospholipid syndrome. So it depends if your FS thinks this is an issue for you?

As for me, so far, I've had the standard recurrent miscarriage investigations done including serum NK cells. Only abnormalities are low positive ANA, MTHFR heterozygous, lowish AMH and endo. I haven't had the reproductive immunology tests yet. My FS wants me to try for a cycle or 2, since I just had a lap for endo. I'm already on clexane, aspirin, progesterone pessaries and start clexane on BFP. There has been talk of prednisone as well. FS wants me to try pred on a IVF cycle but I will ask him about starting it on a natural cycle.

I'm just debating at the moment between seeing Dr M for his tests and getting Dr B's tests. I can see that a lot of ladies here have had success! with Dr M's protocol. I did ask Dr S about doing Dr B's tests and he didn't think it was needed!
    Pros for Dr M: he's local, he covers the important immune tests, DQ matching, immunophenotyping (testing for NK cells), also uterine NK cells. I also heard that he can send for more tests to Chicago? Does anyone know which lab this might be and what tests are sent there?
    Pros and Cons for Dr B: very comprehensive immune panel as per his website. But only access to these tests seems to be through Dr S who is not very helpful to be honest! Also very expensive.

Any ideas or advice from anyone. Thank you
    Hello!! Thanks for your reply! I had only started the prednisolone when I wrote that message.. currently been on it for 3 weeks and feeling much better. I go up to 20mg on transfer day. Ended up calling Dr M and he said to take magnesium for my achy feet and St. John's wort if I start feeling low again- both natural! Feeling good ATM though . Hopefully it stays that way.

This will be my first transfer using Dr M so it's hard to say what you should do but I just got to a point where I wanted to know what was wrong and heard so many amazing things about him- I feel I have a lot of faith in him. Especially as my FS said I didn't need to worry about immune issues when I obviously did. Personally I think just give it a go.. he may pick up something that the other one hasn't.. and your so lucky your local! I live in remote WA.

Good luck x x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pops For This Useful Post:

Faith750  (21-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamel View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge
    Sorry to hear of your cycles.
    Dr M is definitely worth consulting to rule out or in anything that may be causing problems. You can start with a phone consult. There are some local blood tests he can help with + uterus nkc's via hysteroscopy (if he suggests this).
    You can consult with him and he is happy for you to then be treated by somebody... It's just hard to find that somebody else. Are you country NSW? I'm VIC and Dr L will work with Dr M protocols (he thinks similarly in any case) but not sure about anyone in NSW. Hopefully someone may be able to help answer?
    Re the 4... Hard to tell to be honest if it means anything. What test day was it? Did you have any pregnal or trigger? (Even though DE)
    Hi @Jamel and thanks for your reply. I know my local fs will do intralipids so im hoping he will help me with any protocol dr.m might suggest. My hcg of 4 was 10dp5dt and no pregynl or trigger. Weird hey. And thank you for the info about the bt and biopsy stuff