ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 95 of 119 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia and @Pink6, I just started plaquenil last night, the first of many meds I'll be taking in the lead to DE in Greece in April. I feel really nauseous today, so I'm assuming it's caused by the plaquenil. I've been told it is a very commonly used drug (especially for arthritis), so I'm not too worried about it in its own, but am panicking about how nauseous I might be feeling once I'm on all the meds...!

Has anyone had really strong side effects from the immune meds and had to reduce or come off them?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peninsula Girl For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (17-02-2017),Phia  (17-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peninsula Girl View Post
    @Phia and @Pink6, I just started plaquenil last night, the first of many meds I'll be taking in the lead to DE in Greece in April. I feel really nauseous today, so I'm assuming it's caused by the plaquenil. I've been told it is a very commonly used drug (especially for arthritis), so I'm not too worried about it in its own, but am panicking about how nauseous I might be feeling once I'm on all the meds...!

Has anyone had really strong side effects from the immune meds and had to reduce or come off them?
    Thank you - sorry to hear about the nausea!
    Good luck in Greece - I'm heading there in May/June so I'll be following your journey! all the very best!

Will you have an FS managing your pregnancy this end?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Peninsula Girl  (17-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Peninsula Girl poor you but I'm so glad you've got a plan for your cycle!! I have taken that medication before for malaria treatment and it made me feel very strange...but I believe it will get better with time. I think it would have the worst effects out of the common immune drugs so don't think the others will make you feel worse! Contact him if you don't feel better in a few days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Phia! Very exciting that you're getting read for your trip too, it's all coming up so quickly! Very much hoping we both have success

Which clinic are you going to over there? I've had a late change from Genesis to Iakentro and am happy with the plan now. I see Dr L at Monash, and also have phone consults with Dr M so I'll have both of them tracking me. I've had miscarriages in the past so am very conscious that a bfp is just the first (but super exciting) step!

Thanks @mummanow, I'm glad the side effects of plaquenil reduced for you, and very relieved to hear that was the worst of it for you, I hope I'm the same!

I hope the planning for your next cycle is going well, have you ended up getting your NK cells tested again? It would be interesting to know how much they change over time, or due to stress or other factors?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going with Dr N at embryoland and funnily enough I'm at Monash with Lynne B and also phone consults with Dr M. Haha
    -
    So many ladies with similar circumstances!

Only, I don't think I'll ask Lynne to monitor me.

Fingers crossed we come home with bubbas and no bloody miscarriages!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone had their NK cells re-tested after 12mths - I'm wondering if I should prior to change in treatment protocol?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by warratag View Post
    I have very bad circulation.. Is exercising encouraged during stims do you think it would help with blood circulation to uterus?
    My acupuncturist says the opposite, exercise takes blood flow away from the uterus and into other areas of your body.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    My acupuncturist says the opposite, exercise takes blood flow away from the uterus and into other areas of your body.
    Really? So should I not exercise at all? I did acupuncture twice and I didn't like it at all.. Was hoping to exercise to improve blood flow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really? So should I not exercise at all? I did acupuncture twice and I didn't like it at all.. Was hoping to exercise to improve blood flow
    Exercise is good just not strenuous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have very bad circulation.. Is exercising encouraged during stims do you think it would help with blood circulation to uterus?
    Ive been told not to do strenuous exercise as it interfers with the hormones. Walking is good