Closed Thread
Page 93 of 119 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @skye76 after my failed transfer, I made an appointment to speak to Dr M. He really didn't have anything to say other than if I cycled again and got a normal embryo then he would recommend intralipids and cleaned again but do neuopgen instead of prednisone. I need to get abnormal first then think about what I am gong to do.

He has never mentioned dq alpha testing to me. Regarding nk cells he told me they were high in my first consult then in another one he said they weren't so not really sure.

When you speak to your FS again, could you please post back here his explanation as to how it is a full match. Not trying to be facetious, just trying to understand. If I do get a PGD normal I will probably ask Dr M to refer me for this test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Pink6 and @MAYFLOWER I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriages.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wild Rose For This Useful Post:

MAYFLOWER  (16-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    Neupogen raises the amount of white blood cells in the uterus to help stop the nkc from attacking.
    Thanks. Is it instead of dexamethasone or prednisone, or do you take all of them together?? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Pink6 I switched from prednisone to dexamethasone when he put me on neupogen, but I think that was just because he adjusted my protocol, I don't think they necessarily go hand in hand.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #9

@BB77 I wonder why he doesn't just put everyone on it, it sounds good! Did you have failed transfers prior to him putting you on nupogen?

Also did you do PGS on your embie ?
    Last edited by mummanow; 12-02-2017 at 16:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummanow View Post
    @BB77 I wonder why he doesn't just put everyone on it, it sounds good! Did you have failed transfers prior to him putting you on nupogen?

Also did you do PGS on your embie ?
    I often thought that to myself. Why put people on less aggressive protocols which often don't work? There has to be a reason.
    I had one failed transfer with pred, clexane, progesterone, ivig and lit! So that final protocol which thankfully worked really was the end of the road for me. Prior to that I had many early and late term losses, some medicated. But they weren't ivf because I could fall pregnant. I did ivf eventually with pgd embryos so that I could time the meds properly. I still have two frozen embryos left so I'll be going on this roller coaster again soon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (13-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hvent posted for a while. Update for me is unfortunately had a late miscarriage. Went for checkup because blood pressure was a bit high and when ob did scan there was no heartbeat. Had to have labour induced because too far for a curette. When our baby came out they noticed the cord was wrapped around his neck a few times very tight so the ob thinks this is what caused him to die. Very frustrating because it looks like we may have finally got the protocol right, everything was going well and then to have this happen.

We said this was our last try, if it didn't work this time with everything we did then not meant to. But that was talking about getting the protocol right. We have one embryo. And I am tempted to try again, but I also feel we are being sent a message. To get through everything and have the cord wrap around his neck, is it not meant to be?

how do you all keep trying and deal with the heartache of the losses?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Debant For This Useful Post:

MAYFLOWER  (16-02-2017),mummanow  (13-02-2017),Phia  (13-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Debant I read your journey on another thread. So hard. Hon I don't think is a message. I hear you about how to stay hopeful. I know some women who have been through 17 cycles, one had two still borns etc etc and gone on to have healthy full term bubs.

If you have a desire in you still then I would personally keep going. But it's of course up to you. Don't listen to others who say - maybe this is a sign etc. We can all say that about so many things. I think it comes down to our own desire.

Give yourself time though to get through it, allow yourself to heal, we will need strength to be mums one day. X

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mummanow For This Useful Post:

warratag  (15-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @BB77 good to hear. You were smart with your approach I think. And great you have the frozens yay! I think it's too late for me to take nuprogen this cycle but I'm going get in touch with him again and ask about it for next cycle!! Hard to know if that's it though it just dodgy embies. We had two pgs normals put back in but they were very slow growing and behind so I just think they didn't have the energy to make it. Took us five rounds to get those two though! I'm not going do pgs testing going forward though just going chance it knowing we have had a couple come through.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummanow For This Useful Post:

BB77  (13-02-2017),warratag  (15-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummanow View Post
    Oh @Debant I read your journey on another thread. So hard. Hon I don't think is a message. I hear you about how to stay hopeful. I know some women who have been through 17 cycles, one had two still borns etc etc and gone on to have healthy full term bubs.

If you have a desire in you still then I would personally keep going. But it's of course up to you. Don't listen to others who say - maybe this is a sign etc. We can all say that about so many things. I think it comes down to our own desire.

Give yourself time though to get through it, allow yourself to heal, we will need strength to be mums one day. X
    Oh my goodness I couldn't have said it better myself. I agree wholeheartedly with @mummanow.
    @Debant I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. God it would be so so hard. But @mummanow is right.. We could interpret signs into every bfn we get but we don't and keep on going. We have to focus on the positives more so than the negatives and the fact that you said yourself you finally got the protocol right means you're nearly there. How likely is it the same thing will happen again with the cord? If you have one embie left, I would go again otherwise you will always wonder what if.

I wish you all the best. I'm sorry this is such a hard journey.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to warratag For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (13-02-2017)