Closed Thread
Page 78 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by USHMM View Post
    HI Everyone,

I have a question which I hope you can help me answer. I am currently 8 weeks pregnant, after suffering from infertility and reproductive immunology issues for the last few years. I have been working with Dr Braverman for this pregnancy as, coincidentally, I found myself in the US for a few months when I found out about this surprise natural pregnancy. Dr Braverman monitors me with regular scans, and doing immune blood work every 3 weeks and adjusting my medication. I am on prednisone and neupogen, and that is about it. Should this pregnancy continue, then I need to figure out what to do about the second trimester. I will have returned back to Melbourne by the time my second trimester would begin (again, should this pregnancy continue). I can continue with Braverman, but he is very expensive and I am scared about the mounting costs. I was thinking another option would be to get in touch with Dr Matthias. Does he monitor pregnancies? If so, how? Does he do testing as your pregnancy continues?

As an aside, Dr Lolatgis in Melbourne had been my RE, but he really isn't a RI (though I can get intralipids or IVIG through him). And my local high risk OB is Dr Mark Umstad, who I trust but he too isn't a RI.

If you have any experience with Dr M during pregnancy, especially the second trimester, i would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
    Congratulations on your pregnancy. Dr M does monitor throughout the entire pregnancy (im not currently pregnant but many women on here are and Dr M continues to look after them) I would contact him for when you return. Ive heard GS consults with Braverman so that might also be an option. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #9

Thank you @Phia @ES02
    @ES02 yes this is my second FET with Dr M immune meds. But I didn't do intralipids prior to transfer like he suggested (he left that open for me to decide).

Blood test this morning confirmed negative pregnancy
    I hope that missed progesterone dose did not prevent a late implanter. I'd like to think that if it was meant to be a viable pregnancy that no matter what I did or didn't do, it would still stick around. I dunno. I'm just so sad and disappointed. I broke down at work today in front of my colleagues. They have no idea why. Not ideal! I can't wait for this day to be over!!! On top of that, my period pain has come rushing in and I haven't resolved a fight with DH from Saturday but I need his support right now. Sorry, this is way TMI...
    Last edited by Mink; 13-12-2016 at 11:54.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mink For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (19-12-2016),Phia  (14-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry to hear that it didn't work this time @Mink. Was it a PGS tested embryo? I hope that Dr M has some suggestions for you. It's so much effort and it's emotionally draining, hope DH can support you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

Mink  (13-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

@Mink, I'm so sorry to hear this but I agree with ES02, you should continue your medications. It is such a roller coaster ride and so unfair! One of the main reasons I went with Primary was the fact they were bulk billed. Monash gave me an 8% chance of success with intralipids, LIT, clexane, pred for $10K so going through Primary relieved some of that financial pressure as we didn't expect it to work. I think you should consider it as your next option.

@ES02, thank you! After all those tears and years, I got my BFP! There is hope for all of us! How are you going? Did you end up doing another cycle back to back? Primary called today and advised me to pick up some more progesterone as I had some spotting this morning.
    Last edited by KittyCat; 13-12-2016 at 20:13.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KittyCat For This Useful Post:

Mink  (13-12-2016),mummanow  (19-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Flower78 no none of my embies are pgd tested. I spoke to my FS today and he said he really thinks it's an implantation issue and not an embryo issue. But of course we don't know for sure. I have two more embies left and so after that if these don't work, I'll consider doing pgd testing. I haven't spoken to Dr M yet. He's so hard to contact! So frustrating! Meanwhile, my FS was the one who contacted me today.
    @KittyCat I keep forgetting that primary is an option out there. I think if we get to that point, I'd like to have my eggs fertilised/incubated at genea and then transferred at primary if that's even possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    @Flower78 no none of my embies are pgd tested. I spoke to my FS today and he said he really thinks it's an implantation issue and not an embryo issue. But of course we don't know for sure. I have two more embies left and so after that if these don't work, I'll consider doing pgd testing. I haven't spoken to Dr M yet. He's so hard to contact! So frustrating! Meanwhile, my FS was the one who contacted me today.
    @KittyCat I keep forgetting that primary is an option out there. I think if we get to that point, I'd like to have my eggs fertilised/incubated at genea and then transferred at primary if that's even possible.
    Im so sorry to hear your cycle failed mink. I completely understand your frustration with getting hold of Dr Ms rooms, im right there with you. Its starting to make me want to see someone else.
    You still have options though if you havent tried intralipids or stronger immune meds and have 2 frozen so even though its hard keep strong.
    I just had a failed cycle with pgs and intralipids so we need to reassess also. Take time out over xmas to take care of yourself x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ES02 For This Useful Post:

Mink  (19-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Mink! What a ****ful day! I broke down in front of my boss too and was constantly arguing with DH we ended up seeing our GP about it. Honestly this is enough to send anyone loopy. What else were you on this cycle? I doubt one progesterone day would prevent implantation. I'm sure embryo transfer between clinics is possible (I was doing to do this if Primary didn't work) but at least you know the option is there. Sending you a big hug!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KittyCat For This Useful Post:

Mink  (19-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Ladies... a newbie to this thread. After my endo biopsy with Lynn Burmeister my NK cells came back at 20, was told 12 is "normal" so for my FET I took 10mg prednisolone & 40mg clexane as well as 400mg progesterone pessary once a day. Unfortunately I got a BFN can you do intralipids, clexane & prednisolone at the same time? Is there anything else I can try?
    Last edited by munchkin14; 18-12-2016 at 19:13.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi @munchkin14, sorry about your BFN. I took 25mg Prednisolone and 20mg Clexane, plus Crinone and got a BFP. Yes you can do it all at once but I reckon 10mg Pred is a bit low? Will LB give you intralipids?
    Last edited by KittyCat; 18-12-2016 at 19:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
    Hi @munchkin14, sorry about your BFN. I took 25mg Prednisolone and 20mg Clexane, plus Crinone and got a BFP. Yes you can do it all at once but I reckon 10mg Pred is a bit low? Will LB give you intralipids?
    (I updated my post with amount of clexane & progesterone) I'm not sure if she will do intralipids as I haven't asked yet - I'm not even sure how it all works! I will ask about increasing the pred dose.

I got a BFP with 10mg pred, 40mg clexane, crinone & 400mg pessary 3 years ago but now trying for pregnancy #2. So only thing different this cycle was no crinone. Maybe this embie just didn't want to stick?!