ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 72 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 1181
  1. #711
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked
    149
    Reviews
    0
    Hello ladies

    Well, it's been a long time since I last jumped on these boards. I'm back again as will be trying for baby number 2 early next year and need to familiarise myself with all the treatments and meds etc

    After 8 years of TTC, in June 2015 I had a baby who was conceived on my 5th round of IVF with donor eggs from my 2nd egg donor. After finding no reason why my transfers were failing at Genea (I had great embryos, good lining, hormone levels etc) I consulted Dr M and he got me pregnant on my first try with him. I consulted both Genea and Dr M for my cycle. He added much higher doses of meds I had tried before plus added in neupogen injections, 1 x IVIG and monthly intralipids to the mix. I have never been more shocked to see 2 lines on the test stick after many years of nada. We now have an 18 month old wonderful little boy who is a little piece of magic and I still pinch myself all the time - but I wanted to say that it absolutely CAN happen, even against the odds, keep researching, keep pushing for new things to try, keep believing and keep supporting others on the boards. It is a horrible, lonely thing infertility I was quite depressed during some of it and when I look back now I feel a bit angry at all the years I wasted feeling so sad. But, I am not here to complain as I feel indescribably lucky now. Especially reading back today over all of you still struggling with it.

    But hopefully you get some courage from my story to keep trying.
    I will also be looking to see if anybody has any left over neupogen vials that they want to sell on to another bubhubber, please DM me if so.

    Thanks ladies x
    Last edited by Legwarmer; 29-11-2016 at 16:05.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

    ES02  (30-11-2016),nattie84  (30-11-2016)

  3. #712
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,577
    Thanks
    6,829
    Thanked
    3,776
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwarmer View Post
    Hello ladies

    Well, it's been a long time since I last jumped on these boards. I'm back again as will be trying for baby number 2 early next year and need to familiarise myself with all the treatments and meds etc

    After 8 years of TTC, in June 2015 I had a baby who was conceived on my 5th round of IVF with donor eggs from my 2nd egg donor. After finding no reason why my transfers were failing at Genea (I had great embryos, good lining, hormone levels etc) I consulted Dr M and he got me pregnant on my first try with him. I consulted both Genea and Dr M for my cycle. He added much higher doses of meds I had tried before plus added in neupogen injections, 1 x IVIG and monthly intralipids to the mix. I have never been more shocked to see 2 lines on the test stick after many years of nada. We now have an 18 month old wonderful little boy who is a little piece of magic and I still pinch myself all the time - but I wanted to say that it absolutely CAN happen, even against the odds, keep researching, keep pushing for new things to try, keep believing and keep supporting others on the boards. It is a horrible, lonely thing infertility I was quite depressed during some of it and when I look back now I feel a bit angry at all the years I wasted feeling so sad. But, I am not here to complain as I feel indescribably lucky now. Especially reading back today over all of you still struggling with it.

    But hopefully you get some courage from my story to keep trying.
    I will also be looking to see if anybody has any left over neupogen vials that they want to sell on to another bubhubber, please DM me if so.

    Thanks ladies x
    Thank you for coming back - wow, what an experience - long journey - 8 years !! Dear god, but with the best payoff! So happy to hear about your little boy, what a joy!

    Five rounds with donor and a 2nd donor... so all this time it was immunity issues?

  4. #713
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked
    149
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Phia View Post
    Thank you for coming back - wow, what an experience - long journey - 8 years !! Dear god, but with the best payoff! So happy to hear about your little boy, what a joy!

    Five rounds with donor and a 2nd donor... so all this time it was immunity issues?
    Thank you @Phia well it was two things - I have premature ovarian failure which took years to diagnose and then I also have high NK cells but didn't find that out till the 4th IVF cycle.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Legwarmer For This Useful Post:

    Phia  (29-11-2016)

  6. #714
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    16
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Legwarmer View Post
    Hello ladies

    Well, it's been a long time since I last jumped on these boards. I'm back again as will be trying for baby number 2 early next year and need to familiarise myself with all the treatments and meds etc

    After 8 years of TTC, in June 2015 I had a baby who was conceived on my 5th round of IVF with donor eggs from my 2nd egg donor. After finding no reason why my transfers were failing at Genea (I had great embryos, good lining, hormone levels etc) I consulted Dr M and he got me pregnant on my first try with him. I consulted both Genea and Dr M for my cycle. He added much higher doses of meds I had tried before plus added in neupogen injections, 1 x IVIG and monthly intralipids to the mix. I have never been more shocked to see 2 lines on the test stick after many years of nada. We now have an 18 month old wonderful little boy who is a little piece of magic and I still pinch myself all the time - but I wanted to say that it absolutely CAN happen, even against the odds, keep researching, keep pushing for new things to try, keep believing and keep supporting others on the boards. It is a horrible, lonely thing infertility I was quite depressed during some of it and when I look back now I feel a bit angry at all the years I wasted feeling so sad. But, I am not here to complain as I feel indescribably lucky now. Especially reading back today over all of you still struggling with it.

    But hopefully you get some courage from my story to keep trying.
    I will also be looking to see if anybody has any left over neupogen vials that they want to sell on to another bubhubber, please DM me if so.

    Thanks ladies x
    Welcome back! I was just reading some of your old posts the other day! I hope that your journey for a sibling is a much quicker process now you know what works for you x

  7. #715
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    16
    Reviews
    0
    Girls my specialist wants me to do back to back FETs because all the immune drugs will in theory still be in my system. Initally Dr M said I need ivig if I cycle again, but now ive called his rooms to say i might do a back do back and he said thats fine and just do intralipids again. Im so confused as to if i should go ahead and just try intralipids again. This will be my 6th cycle, ive got so much fear. Has anyone done back to backs and had success? Do the immune drugs really build up or am i best totry have a break and let my body clear them all out?
    Gah! So confused!

  8. #716
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    183
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked
    96
    Reviews
    0
    @ES02 did LB suggest another transfer? How many frozens do you have left and how much will it cost? That's my first thought. I think try it back to back but I've never had intralipids so what would I know! I wish you all the best with your decision as it's a hard one. I have my first transfer this morning. I'm so nervy.

  9. #717
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    16
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VanessaM View Post
    @ES02 did LB suggest another transfer? How many frozens do you have left and how much will it cost? That's my first thought. I think try it back to back but I've never had intralipids so what would I know! I wish you all the best with your decision as it's a hard one. I have my first transfer this morning. I'm so nervy.
    Best of luck today Vanessa! Thats very exciting!

    Yes LB told me to try a back to back cycle. Im just weighing it all up

  10. #718
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    84
    Reviews
    0
    @VanessaM how are you going? When is your transfer? Are your embryos growing nicely?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to fairyfloss7676 For This Useful Post:

    KittyCat  (30-11-2016)

  12. #719
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    183
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked
    96
    Reviews
    0
    11:15! I don't expect it to work as I haven't done intralipids or LIT etc (only Prednisolone and Clexane)so we will see. I'll keep you posted!

  13. #720
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    84
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by VanessaM View Post
    11:15! I don't expect it to work as I haven't done intralipids or LIT etc (only Prednisolone and Clexane)so we will see. I'll keep you posted!
    Hun, it may just work.. You don't know yet! Is today a day 5 embryo transfer? Will you transfer 2 to increase your chances? Don't worry about LIT or intralipids yet. Dr M told me I didn't need them until I got my bfp!!!! And I have elevated NKC and partial matches!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to fairyfloss7676 For This Useful Post:

    KittyCat  (30-11-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. High Natural Killer Cells #8
    By SalSA2015 in forum Reproductive Immunology
    Replies: 845
    Last Post: 06-09-2016, 09:01
  2. Extremely high natural killer cells
    By FraggleRocks in forum Reproductive Immunology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-03-2016, 22:19
  3. High Natural Killer Cells #7
    By MGC Bertie in forum Reproductive Immunology
    Replies: 936
    Last Post: 07-03-2016, 23:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Prams and StrollersLooking to buy a pram or stroller? :: Viewer reviews of prams :: Pram Buyers ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT