Closed Thread
Page 70 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @VanessaM, what are your thoughts with Primary? How many eggs did you get? Are you having a 5-day transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #9

Hi @ fairyfloss7676, so far they've been great. I got 7 eggs and 5 fertilised. Depending on how many survive I'll have 2 transferred on Wednesday so day 5. I'm not sure what the difference is with 3 and 5 days as this is my first round. Primary have been great, really positive, especially when I presented them with my DQ alpha matching and high NKC result that Dr NL at Monash found.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VanessaM View Post
    So sorry @ES02. I haven't even considered those yet as Primary ivf don't believe in it. I'm just have the Prednisolone and Clexane. Transfer is on Wednesday but can't help thinking it's a big waste if my uterus is going to just incinerate it or them. I've heard intralipids are just as good as ivig.
    I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you Vanessa. Waiting to see how your embabies go after fertilisation is a long few days! Prednisolone did the trick for me our first round and I got pregnant (we lost our son later) so you just need to hope for the best and try stay positive.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ES02 For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @ fairyfloss7676, so far they've been great. I got 7 eggs and 5 fertilised. Depending on how many survive I'll have 2 transferred on Wednesday so day 5. I'm not sure what the difference is with 3 and 5 days as this is my first round. Primary have been great, really positive, especially when I presented them with my DQ alpha matching and high NKC result that Dr NL at Monash found.
    Thanks hun, I have an appointment with them in a couple of weeks. What protocol did they put you on? I think we are similar ages so curious what they suggested for you? I am in NSW and have an appointment with Dr Sarah Cavanagh. Who did you see and how much did you have to pay or was it all bulk billed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jojosniss, Dr Nick L told us we have no chance with our DQ alpha match and 10% with intralipids and LIT which DH is not keen on as Primary ivf said it's all witchcraft! We didn't tell Nick we were going through Primary already.
    He told us the same actually and I made a phone consult with Dr M and he said we were only a partial match not full so I questioned nick about that and he didn't like it but he said yes Dr M was right! So if we get far enough we will do our immune issues with him not Nick and I have made that clear. I know a lot of other fertility centres don't do it because they don't know enough about it but I did 5 rounds with one place and then found out all our issues and for us it made sense. In my opinion I really think it's a numbers game no matter who you go too the more times you do it the more chances you have of it working or one thing will work better for some than others. I know for us though of this try if it doesn't work I can't physically and mentally do it again so I just hope it works.

Good luck to you too Vanessa I hope you get you Bub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojosniss For This Useful Post:

KittyCat  (27-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

@ES02, that's so sad, I'm so sorry about your son. Thank you for your reassurance. After everything you've been through, I really hope you get your bub! Why is it so effing hard for us all!
    @fairyfloss7676, so just the Gonal F then added the Orgalutran then the trigger Ovidrel. For the NKC I've just started the 25mg Prednisolone and 20mg Clexane injections. Plus I need to do the Crinone twice a day, I haven't started that yet, I'm supposed to start today. I saw Dr Nic G in Melbourne and paid $150 for the medications, $100 for counselling (for both of us), that's all. That's why I haven't gone down the track of Dr NL at Monash because it's so expensive and we're planning a wedding. Although with all this added stress, we've decided to postpone to try and keep me relaxed, which is very difficult when you've been told you have little chance of conceiving because of matching DQ results.
    @Jojosniss, now that's very interesting. Primary said Dr NL puts the fear of God in you. I wonder if it will be cheaper to do immune stuff with Dr M? We have our Skype with him mid Dec. Who will do your ivf (who did you do your other 5 rounds with, sorry if you've already answered that question) and will they work together? How will we do our intralipids if we are in Melbs and Dr M is in Syd? Maybe we can go do them together hahahaha!

Thanks so much and I hope you get your bubs too! Here are my numbers. I'm the top one and DH is the bottom.

IMG_1480205058.176304.jpg
    Last edited by KittyCat; 27-11-2016 at 11:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @VanessaM. I have partial DQ matches with my husband too. Dr M didn't really say much to me about that, in fact he didn't seem phased. I am on 25mg of prednisone too.
    Can I ask, did you start Gonal f on day 2 ? That's a great number 7 eggs, I'd be happy with that! Hoping they all make it to day 5. Will you be transferring 1 or 2 on day 5?
    I'm not sure how I feel about these DQ matches.. I think if you are a compete match it may be a problem, but I'm not sure partial matches is that big of a problem..

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ fairyfloss7676, what's a partial match? Can I see your numbers? Yes Gonal on day 2. Depends how many survive. I'll probably go 2 to increase my chances but then I'll be wasting them as I haven't had intralipids or LIT. We are a complete match apparently. I have no idea to be honest. Maybe you can tell me?! Lol! So will Dr M do your immune stuff and you will do your ivf with Primary? That's what I want to do but I'm not in Sydney.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi @ange1111 yes naturally for a year and a half and just started ivf 2 weeks ago mainly because of my age. No more time to waste. LIT with intralipids? Yes that's what I was thinking of doing but not sure how. So you see Dr M in Sydney for the treatment? Where are you based again? It sounds like a great idea however it depends on the cost as I could always go through NL at Monash (although I can't afford it right now). Thanks so much. I wish you all the best too. Where are you at in your cycle at the moment? No I haven't heard from pingc383 for a while...
    Last edited by KittyCat; 27-11-2016 at 23:18.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KittyCat For This Useful Post:

mummanow  (26-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    Just to shed some positive light on DQ GENE ALPHA MATCHES, I have a complete (100%) match with my husband and I now lay here 28 weeks pregnant feeling my little girl kicking.
    I did 5 rounds of IVF, with 9 transfers, 4 BFN & 5 BFP all ending in MC with 2 previous natural MC. Finally consulted Dr M had 1 pregnancy that resulted in MC after doing some immune treatment and then fell naturally while waiting to cycle again and now here I am.
    I had fully prepared myself for surrogacy as what I read on full DQ Alpha matches was not positive.
    Dr M told us we had over a 70% chance once pregnant. A lot of Drs are afraid or have little knowledge about this but Dr M knows it inside out. He may seem unphased and thats because this is what he does with hundreds of patients ... everday.
    You will also find there are a few other women with complete matches who are now holding their little babies.
    I wish you all the best of luck and remember to have faith, it can happen and it does happen!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Olive79 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (28-11-2016),ES02  (28-11-2016),KittyCat  (28-11-2016),Legwarmer  (29-11-2016),Phia  (28-11-2016)