Closed Thread
Page 59 of 119 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @pingc383 I can understand your frustration when you hear different pieces of the puzzle from two doctors!

Also - super frustrating when you know your body well enough that you know what will or won't work even though you didn't go to six years of medical school to tell you - and then you're proven right but had the privilege of paying for it!Very annoying!

So with those two things and the embies you've got, it is a lot to take in, as Olive79 said.

The good news is that you're still in the game - whose to say that one of those embies isn't the one?

I know that might not be great consolation in a world of statistics, but all we know for certain is that every day is a new day, and taking each day as it comes is as much as our hearts can take (sure our minds wanna rush to every probable outcome).

Why can't it be one of those embies? Now that Dr M has given you the pause button until your immunity issues are under control, hopefully that's added hope in your corner.

Dr Wazza sounds nice - mine is very matter of fact, I would say rushed - always feel the clock ticking. He's on your team and he's credible - I think challenging his thinking is healthy! Especially if it gives you peace of mind.

(((((Hugs)))))

Hang in there pingc383!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    So sorry for the delay in providing an update.. I haven't felt like posting and there is so much to update on so I had to wait until I had access to a proper computer, because I'm a slow typer on the phone app. I just posted this on the Wazza thread:

So, as you might remember, much to my disappointment, I was put on the straight antagonist cycle, which means I took nothing to calm my ovaries, instead I started stims on day 2. My day 2 scan showed 7 follicles and my day 5 scan showed 2-3 possible eggs.. Wazza wanted to cancel or convert to IUI, but wanted to wait until day 8 scan to suggest his thoughts. We were considering converting to IUI, but then

I decided to ring Dr M to see if my NKC biopsy results were available. I called Dr M and they told me my results were available, but they couldn't tell me what they were and I don't have an appointment until next week. But Dr M did say that under no circumstances was I to transfer any embryos... which means I have elevated NKC, which I won't find out about until next week. This meant that IUI was out and I didn't want to cancel, so we went ahead with the EPU.

My day 8 scan looked better, it showed about 6 possible eggs, but my oestrogen was around 5000, so I thought we should get about 5 eggs..

EPU was today... Wazza got 2 eggs.. 1 was ok, the other was questionable, but both were mature and both were inseminated.. I also have 2 x day 3 embryos that will be thawed on day 3 and grown to day 5.

Poor Wazza was so disappointed for me.. he came in all sad after EPU.. he was so sweet.. he said none of the other follicles had any eggs at all.. He tried to explain what the follicles had, but i wasn't listening as I was upset that I only got 2 eggs. I knew antagonist wouldn't work for an old poor responder like me, but i was open to trying something different to see.. nothing worse than not trying and wondering what if..

Anyway, Wazza also did a hysterscopy/flush/scratch (this was my second scratch/hysterscopy). Interestingly, because I clearly don't have enough bloody problems at my age, he noticed during my scan that I had a uterine septum!!! Sigh. He checked and while it was there, he didn't think it warranted removal as it wasn't that bad.. he said he would only remove it if i had a few miscarriages. He said he washed (?) my right ovary because it needed a clean.. I am a bit disappointed when I did my hysterscopy/scratch with Dr M 2 weeks ago. He didn't tell me about the septum nor did he do anything about washing the ovaries. I hate how I've had to pay to have it done twice. Anyway..

So, where does this leave me? Well, I have 2 embies in embryoscope + 2 x day 3 frozen emboss waiting to be thawed. If a miracle occurs and 1 makes it to day 5, it will be PGD tested.

I know it only takes 1, but I am NOT feeling positive at all. Last cycle I was positive, but this time, I was not and I am usually bang on the money with my feelings..

I went back to Wazza's rooms straight after EPU and he was kind enough to fit us in while he was having lunch. I felt so bad.. anyway, I told him I wanted to cycle again asap and what my options were. He was still quite keen on antagonist protocol, but after today's disappointing result, I think he came to the realisation it wasn't a good protocol for me.. I was never keen on straight antagonist, because it created scattered follicle growth and I really need evenly growing follicles at my age... Also, my FSH is high on day 3, so I need oestrogen to reduce the FSH...

He seemed rather confused that I managed to get 15 follicles and 10 eggs in my last cycle.. he thought this was rather odd and was against my AMH of 7.. he reckons i may have just had an off cycle this month.. does anyone believe cycles vary from month to month? Or am I just getting old and it's just getting worse with age?

He was very open to my request to try the long down reg delayed start protocol with oestrogen priming.. which means I am start again on Monday.. I continue to take DHEA, melatonin, progynova, trental and he suggested I use Decapeptyl in lieu of lucrin or synarel. Lucrin costs $300, so he was trying to reduce my costs.

He wasn't sure about DHEA for me.. he said to start taking it again, but I might have to stop it on day 4.

I couldn't believe that even though I had 600 IU Puregon + 600 IU Menopur, my LH tanked pretty badly, to <1.2, which I was very concerned about... The nurse told me it's nothing to worry about, but I didn't listen and went straight to Wazza who got me to supplement with Luveris, but I fear it was too late. This happened to me in my very first cycle.. they added Luveris too late in the cycle and I ended up with 2 eggs. Genea was of the view that this was because I was supplemented with Luveris too late, but I dunno if that's true or not.. I don't understand how LH works and what deleterious effects it can have if the level drops below 1.2... Wazza didn't seem phased.. I just didn't understand why menopur didn't help my LH.. anyway, next cycle we are using Puregon + Luveris. When I asked about growth hormone, he said he didn't know whether I should bother this time round.. so I'm not using growth hormone next cycle.....

I start stims on day 6. In the meantime, I am waiting for AF and hoping it arrives early now that I have had a scratch.
    @Debant and @Lastchance75 - how are things going?? HCG still going up nicely?
    @Mink - how are you hun?
    @Olive79 - did you finally get discharged and are you back at work or still on bed rest? How are you feeling? Please tell me the bleeding has stopped..
    @ange1111 - when do you start your cycle? Are we going to be cycle buddies?

to @Phia and @BB77. I'll read everyone else posts tomorrow and responds. *Waves* to the newbies as well.

xx
    So sorry to read this, how awful. Makes me so mad that doctors stuff is around and don't care. Like my nk cells biopsy that was wrong and now I have been trying to get Dr M to call me back all week re my results as I don't fancy paying $300 just to see him and have him say that the results are normal.

The steroids didn't affect me that much I found the longer I was on them the hungrier I would get. Did any one mention that the DHEA takes time so maybe better to give your body a break and give the DHEA time to work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Hun, further consults with Dr M costs $150. $300 is for the initial appointment only. Have you reached the safety net this year?
    Yeah I just as we speak for $254 back for my appt don't want to wait weeks though just to confirm.. bloody frustrating.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383, sorry you had a poor cycle. One thing I wanted to say is that I do think our bodies can respond differently even to the same or similar protocol. I have done 6 stims (3 antagonist and 3 down reg). They went something like this:

Antagonist 1: OK but not great
    Antagonist 2: Pretty good
    Antagonist 3: Crap and cancelled before EPU
    Down reg 1: Pretty good
    Down reg 2: Crap
    Down reg 3: Absolutely crap ended up with with nothing

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (04-11-2016),Phia  (04-11-2016),pingc383  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 it sounds like you've had a mixed experience with your stim cycles too! I am turning 36 next month but my first cycle was 3 years ago. I am going to talk to my fs about switching back to an antagonist protocol as the down reg doesn't seem to be going too well and my follicle sizes are still pretty uneven and the last two cycles have been shockers!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well 8 transfers so far! All lovely blasts and the last two were PGD tested. I have done HRT FETs to boost up my lining so I don't think the lining is too thin. My fs thinks that maybe I haven't found the right balance of immune suppression. The first 4 transfers there was no suppression and the last 4 it was fairly aggressive I think. Will see what Dr M says I guess...

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry for the delay in providing an update.. I haven't felt like posting and there is so much to update on so I had to wait until I had access to a proper computer, because I'm a slow typer on the phone app. I just posted this on the Wazza thread:

So, as you might remember, much to my disappointment, I was put on the straight antagonist cycle, which means I took nothing to calm my ovaries, instead I started stims on day 2. My day 2 scan showed 7 follicles and my day 5 scan showed 2-3 possible eggs.. Wazza wanted to cancel or convert to IUI, but wanted to wait until day 8 scan to suggest his thoughts. We were considering converting to IUI, but then

I decided to ring Dr M to see if my NKC biopsy results were available. I called Dr M and they told me my results were available, but they couldn't tell me what they were and I don't have an appointment until next week. But Dr M did say that under no circumstances was I to transfer any embryos... which means I have elevated NKC, which I won't find out about until next week. This meant that IUI was out and I didn't want to cancel, so we went ahead with the EPU.

My day 8 scan looked better, it showed about 6 possible eggs, but my oestrogen was around 5000, so I thought we should get about 5 eggs..

EPU was today... Wazza got 2 eggs.. 1 was ok, the other was questionable, but both were mature and both were inseminated.. I also have 2 x day 3 embryos that will be thawed on day 3 and grown to day 5.

Poor Wazza was so disappointed for me.. he came in all sad after EPU.. he was so sweet.. he said none of the other follicles had any eggs at all.. He tried to explain what the follicles had, but i wasn't listening as I was upset that I only got 2 eggs. I knew antagonist wouldn't work for an old poor responder like me, but i was open to trying something different to see.. nothing worse than not trying and wondering what if..

Anyway, Wazza also did a hysterscopy/flush/scratch (this was my second scratch/hysterscopy). Interestingly, because I clearly don't have enough bloody problems at my age, he noticed during my scan that I had a uterine septum!!! Sigh. He checked and while it was there, he didn't think it warranted removal as it wasn't that bad.. he said he would only remove it if i had a few miscarriages. He said he washed (?) my right ovary because it needed a clean.. I am a bit disappointed when I did my hysterscopy/scratch with Dr M 2 weeks ago. He didn't tell me about the septum nor did he do anything about washing the ovaries. I hate how I've had to pay to have it done twice. Anyway..

So, where does this leave me? Well, I have 2 embies in embryoscope + 2 x day 3 frozen emboss waiting to be thawed. If a miracle occurs and 1 makes it to day 5, it will be PGD tested.

I know it only takes 1, but I am NOT feeling positive at all. Last cycle I was positive, but this time, I was not and I am usually bang on the money with my feelings..

I went back to Wazza's rooms straight after EPU and he was kind enough to fit us in while he was having lunch. I felt so bad.. anyway, I told him I wanted to cycle again asap and what my options were. He was still quite keen on antagonist protocol, but after today's disappointing result, I think he came to the realisation it wasn't a good protocol for me.. I was never keen on straight antagonist, because it created scattered follicle growth and I really need evenly growing follicles at my age... Also, my FSH is high on day 3, so I need oestrogen to reduce the FSH...

He seemed rather confused that I managed to get 15 follicles and 10 eggs in my last cycle.. he thought this was rather odd and was against my AMH of 7.. he reckons i may have just had an off cycle this month.. does anyone believe cycles vary from month to month? Or am I just getting old and it's just getting worse with age?

He was very open to my request to try the long down reg delayed start protocol with oestrogen priming.. which means I am start again on Monday.. I continue to take DHEA, melatonin, progynova, trental and he suggested I use Decapeptyl in lieu of lucrin or synarel. Lucrin costs $300, so he was trying to reduce my costs.

He wasn't sure about DHEA for me.. he said to start taking it again, but I might have to stop it on day 4.

I couldn't believe that even though I had 600 IU Puregon + 600 IU Menopur, my LH tanked pretty badly, to <1.2, which I was very concerned about... The nurse told me it's nothing to worry about, but I didn't listen and went straight to Wazza who got me to supplement with Luveris, but I fear it was too late. This happened to me in my very first cycle.. they added Luveris too late in the cycle and I ended up with 2 eggs. Genea was of the view that this was because I was supplemented with Luveris too late, but I dunno if that's true or not.. I don't understand how LH works and what deleterious effects it can have if the level drops below 1.2... Wazza didn't seem phased.. I just didn't understand why menopur didn't help my LH.. anyway, next cycle we are using Puregon + Luveris. When I asked about growth hormone, he said he didn't know whether I should bother this time round.. so I'm not using growth hormone next cycle.....

I start stims on day 6. In the meantime, I am waiting for AF and hoping it arrives early now that I have had a scratch.
    @Debant and @Lastchance75 - how are things going?? HCG still going up nicely?
    @Mink - how are you hun?
    @Olive79 - did you finally get discharged and are you back at work or still on bed rest? How are you feeling? Please tell me the bleeding has stopped..
    @ange1111 - when do you start your cycle? Are we going to be cycle buddies?

to @Phia and @BB77. I'll read everyone else posts tomorrow and responds. *Waves* to the newbies as well.

xx
    Hi darling. Hang in there. Your story sounds very familiar to mine. I just wanted to tell you that after 13 cycles I used growth hormones and ended up with 2 PGD embryos. One was transferred and I had a healthy baby girl 5 weeks ago. I believe in the growth hormone. I also believe in..Luveris , Progynova. I don't rate Menopur but rather Gonal F. I also strongly believe that frozen cycle is much better for implantation as your uterus has cleansed, if possible.
    My winning formula was to throw everything at me for maximum eggs (also Includes few months prep of vitamins especially coQ10(450mg/day)) and hope you could get an embryo to PGD. Then wait till following month and do a frozen transfer with endo scratch and immune protocols.

My understanding is every month differs in eggs. But I found other deciding factors can be does the clinic do egg collections on weekends?? Sometimes the perfect day for catching the most within the right size range is a weekend. Also i had 2 cycles with next to no eggs. Only to realise the trigger drug didn't work for me anymore. Then they changed trigger and i got 10 or so eggs.

The most effective drugs I found to make a huge difference were the growth hormone and luveris.

You're doing great!! It's a **** road with a beautiful ending.. hang in there

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lea7 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (06-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive just caught up..

Debrant- hang in there
    I have a snoring 2 week old sleeping on me and i had many bleeds, never found the cause either.

Pingc383- i also had **** cycles
    The one before i fell.naturally was the pittance

16 eggs 3 fertilised
    Day 2- only 1 left

They were all empty and compromised.. yet all my other cycles i got great results.

Doctor M said it was cause of my t cell imbalance

Secondly- sending you lots of love and hugs xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet16 For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (05-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #9

@pingc383 oh Hun, that feeling of holding sand when they start dropping.... hang in there. You've got one that's keeping on a cmon lil one... soldier on!!!! And still in a chance with frosties.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Lea7  (05-11-2016),pingc383  (05-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet16 View Post
    Ive just caught up..

Debrant- hang in there
    I have a snoring 2 week old sleeping on me and i had many bleeds, never found the cause either.

Pingc383- i also had **** cycles
    The one before i fell.naturally was the pittance

16 eggs 3 fertilised
    Day 2- only 1 left

They were all empty and compromised.. yet all my other cycles i got great results.

Doctor M said it was cause of my t cell imbalance

Secondly- sending you lots of love and hugs xxx
    Thanks for sharing, can you elaborate on your T cell imbalance? My T cells are low. What treatment were you on for them?