Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In other words if you're on 20,
    Go down to 15mg a week,
    Then 10 for a week, then 5 for a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cag14 im so sorry your cycle has been cancelled. I know you so did not want that to happen. NEVER EVER stop cold turkey prednisolone. Stopping suddenly at its best causes bad muscle aches and pains and at its worst can cause acute adrenal failure which involves convulsions, delirium, coma and then death in that order. God knows why the nurses never say that im sure more people would follow the advice. You must carefully follow medical advice on weaning off slowly in order to prevent this from happening. Your body stops making adrenaline itself when you take it in tablet form and as you wean off your body slowly begins to make enough to replace that amount so that you always have the right amount of adrenaline in your system. So you must give your body the time to crank up and start makibv it again and replacing it. If you stop cold turkey your body cant replace it fast enough, it needs time to gradually do this. xox (I forgot a single afternoon dose once when i was weaning off and I got dizzy spells badly and couldnt figure out what was wrong with me until i realised id forgotten a dose.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia coolio, my clinic got me to halve the dose for 3 days, then halve again for 3 days and so on. I wonder if they gave different weaning protocols depending on how long you take it? Anyways, i reckon @cag14 just do what your doc says. It ax not really good to take prednisolone when you dont need it. Although i love the stuff coz if makes my chtonic back pain inflammation disappear and i feel like ive got my 30 year old back again. So tempting to hoard scripts and self medicate but its pretty dangerous stuff so i dont muck around with it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Phia  (26-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia and @gorgeousgeorge thanks for your help ladies .I know we have to ween off my question is should I just stay on it as I will only be off it two week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cag14 oh, der! Sorry, i obviously didnt read your post closely. Umm gee yeah i dont know. I sounded pretty know-it-all clever before didnt I? I guess, mostly overall i just do what my fs say because if i dont and something goes wrong then i beat myself up about it later. I reckon if you trust and have faith in your fs go with what he says. Can you ask him why? I hate it when they tell you to do stuff but dont explain why. I hope someone else can read properly and give you some better information and again, im sorry your cycle was cancelled xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorage it's ok I didn't think that at all hun. Highly stressed at the moment and am wondering if this is the universe telling me to give up. I still have 3 embryos frozen so I don't know. 6 months between transfers with one failed egg collection I just don't know how I can cope this time round. It's been a year since I started.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cag14 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge  (27-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cag14 hi :-) i know we don't know each other very well and i dont know your fertility probs and...this sounds very confronting and scary and not something to just switch to (without a bit of a mental breakdown) but... you dont have to give up if you dont want to. I did 4 rounds of stims to get 8 crappy embryos, then did 2 rounds of donor eggs/ dh sperm overseas to get 4 embryos with bfn's and at the beginning of this month i went overseas for the 3rd time to use donor egg/donor sperm embryos and it worked. My 14th embryo transfer finally worked. I had no money left after my own egg ivfs so i used a company to help me get my superannuation out. It certainly wasnt what i initially wanted or ever thought i would have to do but i am just mentioning so you know that there are options other than giving up. Im totally not suggesting that this might be the right solution for you but when i was starting to think i would have to give up, i started reading the south africa and greece overseas donor threads on bubhub (of course thinking this would never be me and tbh i used to feel really sorry for those poor ladies) but now i am one of them and so is @Phia . Even if its something your not willing or able to contemplate at this stage, those threads make for very interesting reading. Its like days of our lives soap opera to find out what happens next and be warned dont start reading them late at night coz you will be up until 4am saying "just one more page". So i guess i just wanted to wish you all the best whatever you decide and just mention that if you dont want to give up, there are other options out there. (Soz for taking up this thread with oseas donor talk) i shoulda pm but ive already written it out now that ive thought of it. Be kind to yourself and take care xox

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Phia  (27-05-2017),Spazzyp  (30-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jussi this thread will provide you with loads of info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. I'm about to get back into ivf after acouple years off following multiple failed cycles. We have unexplained infertility other than raised natural killer cells. I am in Adelaide and consulting with Dr M in Sydney via phone appointments. He is running my immune treatment whilst I'm doing ivf through a fertility centre in Adelaide. My ivf doctor seemed skeptical about treating immune issues and has only prescribed me low dose prednisilone. Dr M has prescribed me a larger dose of prednisilone as well as clexane and higher dose progesterone and other supplements. I haven't told my ivf doctor I'm also being treated by Dr M and feel a bit uneasy about this, however Dr M says what he is prescribing doesn't cause any problems at all and that I don't need to advise my ivf doctor if I don't want to as his treatments are pretty much all after the transfer has taken place- is anyone else in this boat?? Thanks for reading.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Teej17 I'm sorry to hear about your journey thus far, but you're doing the right thing IMO.

Many of us are the same boat, given the varied skepticism or understanding of immunity issues.

Similarly many who have struggled previously go on to have take home babies after using using Dr M's protocol.

I hope others add their thoughts to put your mind at ease

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Jamel  (04-06-2017)