ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 109 of 119 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1181
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith750 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Wanting to pick your brains again! I find all the posts here so helpful and everyone so nice. The positive stories are very inspiring esp since I'm a newbie.
    @pops - I agree, when the prednisone dose reduces, people can start feeling tired/dizzy, as the adrenal gland can't produce prednisone on its own since its suppressed with the artificial prednisone. So reducing the dose slowly should help. Were you on higher doses than the 15mg before?
    @Ashe87 - clexane generally used for a blood clotting problem, that's reducing the blood supply to the baby. Eg, antiphospholipid syndrome. So it depends if your FS thinks this is an issue for you?

As for me, so far, I've had the standard recurrent miscarriage investigations done including serum NK cells. Only abnormalities are low positive ANA, MTHFR heterozygous, lowish AMH and endo. I haven't had the reproductive immunology tests yet. My FS wants me to try for a cycle or 2, since I just had a lap for endo. I'm already on clexane, aspirin, progesterone pessaries and start clexane on BFP. There has been talk of prednisone as well. FS wants me to try pred on a IVF cycle but I will ask him about starting it on a natural cycle.

I'm just debating at the moment between seeing Dr M for his tests and getting Dr B's tests. I can see that a lot of ladies here have had success! with Dr M's protocol. I did ask Dr S about doing Dr B's tests and he didn't think it was needed!
    Pros for Dr M: he's local, he covers the important immune tests, DQ matching, immunophenotyping (testing for NK cells), also uterine NK cells. I also heard that he can send for more tests to Chicago? Does anyone know which lab this might be and what tests are sent there?
    Pros and Cons for Dr B: very comprehensive immune panel as per his website. But only access to these tests seems to be through Dr S who is not very helpful to be honest! Also very expensive.

Any ideas or advice from anyone. Thank you
    Hi Faith, haven't read the whole thread after this yet, just wanted to tell you the lab in Chicago is Rosalind Franklin University.
    Last edited by Fiona2; 15-05-2017 at 17:43.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiona2 For This Useful Post:

Faith750  (17-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

I'm on prednisone for ANA + and slightly elevated NK cells. Similar to you @bubbletrouble. Just wondering what your prednisone protocol was for first trimester?

Also, my Progesterone levels seem to be fluctuating every 5-7 days. They are between 57 to 130. Currently I'm on progesterone pessaries 400mg twice a day.

Just wondering if anyone else's progesterone levels fluctuated, and why. My fertility nurse seems to think its due to timing of the blood test and meds and wants to see the levels > 30 but ideally around 50 or more. What were your levels like and how many pessaries were you on? What level did your FS like?

Just had a dating scan, all good. So getting regular scans and Progesterone levels. Also on clexane, aspirin and active folate. Praying for a trouble free pregnancy and for everyone here xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Fiona, I have read about that lab - looks good. I see you have a one year old now. congrats!! Were you on Dr M's protocol?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Faith750 how did you go with NKC and this positive you have had?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm already feeling weirdo since taking the meds am I just losing my mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Faith750 in the cycle where I tested really high for ANA I was on 10mg of prednisolone from day 1, then started weaning off around 11 weeks. Same dosage for this pregnancy, but only started from day of transfer since my levels were only slightly elevated and it was mostly a precaution.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Faith750 your immune issues are very similar to mine. I have had endo in the past, intermediate ANA, compound heterozygous MTHFR and HLA matches. Everything except the endo was diagnosed through Dr B's testing after 5 miscarriages. I wish someone in Australia tested me for these rather than saying it was just bad luck. Anyway, I was on 1mg Dexamethsone from when I found out about the pregnancy and then switched to Prednisone 25mg at about 9 weeks. Im also on Clexane 40mg, Neupogen, aspirin and Plaquinil and also taking active folate. Also taking progesterone pessaries 200mg twice a day. My FS or OB aren't monitoring my progesterone levels as they think they are irrelevant once a pregnancy is at this stage (I'm 10 weeks and had my last progesterone test at 7 weeks). I have no idea how my progesterone is. My OB told me, if your bhcg is doing well, which it is as the pregnancy is progressing, then the progesterone should also be working well. He's not even in favour of progesterone pessaries but my FS has prescribed them.
    Can I ask which prenatal are you taking as everything has folic acid instead of the methylated form of folate. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    cag14, I'm glad to hear you've had a success in the past did you follow any protocol with your successful pregnancy? What protocol will you be on for the upcoming transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mongol no protocol just ICSI and PGD. I'm on the bondi protocol with no other immune testing done other then NKC. Do you think it will work? Feel ill on the meds already

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cag14 if it worked last time, you have a very good chance of a successful pregnancy again. From memory, Bondi protocol was Clexane and Prednisone. these will help with NKC and Clexane for any undiagnosed clotting issues. Stay positive and all the best for your transfer.