+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC after D&C, please help!

Hi Hub.
    I am off to the doctor tomorrow but I am driving myself absolutely nuts with all of this and would love any advice/reassurance. Unfortunately in early August I suffered a very traumatic missed miscarriage of my little one at 12 weeks 💔. DH and I are keen to try again as soon as possible...however I've been having some really weird bleeding and I don't know what's going on.

D&C on the 10th Aug, mild bleeding for about two weeks which then tapered to brownish discharge (sorry, gross). That went on for about two days, then the bleeding became bright red and really heavy again. I thought that could've been AF, however I have consistently been getting a positive pregnancy test result so I don't understand 😞.

That bleeding went on for about a week, accompanied by cramping so aside from the +HPT it was exactly like a normal AF. Back to brown discharge again now...I thought I finally got a negative test yesterday, however out of curiosity I checked it again this morning and there was a faint second line...pink, not grey, so it wasn't evap. Did another one upon noticing that and still getting a faint positive 😞.

As I said, off to the doc tomorrow but what the heck is going on? All I want is for this nightmare to be over so we can conceive again...I feel like my body is against me! Anyone had anything similar? When did you O? When did you conceive? I can't imagine not being even pregnant by the end of the year, when I should be 30 weeks then 😢.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So sorry about your miscarriage. I think because you were so far along, it's taking a while for the HCG to leave your system.

I had a missed mc in feb. I had a D&C on 3rd feb and AF arrived 29 days later. My bleeding after my D&C was mostly spotting and lasted a couple of weeks. It would stop and then start again. I had a couple of weird cycles (one longer then normal and one crazy short), and fell pregnant on the 3rd cycle.

Hopefully the dr can shed some light on what the bleeding is - whether it is AF or still from the mc. Good luck Hun - I hope you're pregnant again really soon x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC after D&C, please help!

So sorry for your loss. I went through this back in July. We had a scan at 7 weeks, we saw babies heart beat but it was slow and baby measuring behind. Two weeks later at the next scan, baby was gone. Had a D&C the next day. Bleeding was very similar to yours. On and off right through my next cycle. It took me 4 weeks to ovulate after the d&c and my pregnancy tests were still positive, but faint when I ovulated, strange!. Finally onto my next cycle and ovulated normally. Hoping we have caught the egg this time. I think for me jumping straight back on the bandwagon was the easiest way to deal with the grief.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry for your loss. My MMC left me in shock for quite some time and it was hard to process exactly what had happened, why etc.

I bled for 10 weeks after my D&C, mostly spotting but going pink/red sometimes if I did a lot. I had a scan at 8 weeks after to check there was no retained product. A friend had had 12 weeks of bleeding (followed by a successful pregnancy) so she was a great support for me during that time of waiting. I ovulated about a week after the bleeding finally stopped and AF came 2 weeks later (we decided to wait 3 cycles before TTC again to give my mind and body time to recover).

I think I am just a bit of a bleeder. I've always had periods on the longer end of normal and had lochia for 8 weeks after both my CS births, when many women find the CS means just 1 week of bleeding.

It is very hard to have to wait, but if there is no pain or smelly discharge, then try not to stress to much if your bleeding continues for a bit longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so bloody confused! Dr said HCG was almost down to zero at my appointment yesterday morning. I took a HPT this morning which was a clear negative, and stayed negative. I then did a digital clear blue OPK which had the smiley, not the flashing one...indicating peak fertility! Great!

Except....I had some red blood when I wiped this evening, so did another OPK, and it was a straight up negative, since then the bleeding has become a bit heavier. This is my first time *really* TTC, in each of my previous pregnancies we just stopped using protection and went for it. I have never used OPKs or anything before, but really really would like to make it happen ASAP this time because of the loss.

Any ideas what is going on with the positive and then negative OPKs?! 😞 and now more bleeding? Give me a break!