+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello I'm new! Starting ivf soon...

Hi everyone
    I have been told how fantastic this forum is for support and guidance.
    I am 37 years old and in October I will be embarking on my first cycle of ivf icsi.
    I am starting to get nervous! I am so hopeful for success. My husband has 2 beautiful girls and I felt blessed to be their step mum but you know. ...to have your own. ..
    Any words of wisdom regarding ivf would be wonderful and I am grateful for the support.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JKnight For This Useful Post:

Hany  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKnight View Post
    Hi everyone
    I am 37 years old and in October I will be embarking on my first cycle of ivf icsi.
    I am starting to get nervous! I am so hopeful for success. My husband has 2 beautiful girls and I felt blessed to be their step mum but you know. ...to have your own. ..
    Any words of wisdom regarding ivf would be wonderful and I am grateful for the support.

Hi, and welcome to Bub Hub

I'm 42 years old, and The Husband and I have done 4 cycles of IVF/ICSI. I was a poor responder and during those 4 cycles I made a grand total of 7 eggs, of which only 3 fertilised. We got 2 BFN's and 1 BFP which ended in MC at 8 1/2 weeks. We are about to start our one and only cycle of IVF/ICSI using a gorgeous egg donor at the end of September So I've had a little bit of experience!

We've been playing the IVF game for 2 years now and I can honestly say that nothing will ever prepare you for what you're about to go through - physically or emotionally. The only advice I can give you is to make sure you have open communication with your husband, accept that things won't always go to plan (do they ever?!) and strap yourself in - cos you're in for one hell of a ride

Now, not that I want to make you feel old, but.....we have a lovely group of ladies over at the IVF Over 40 thread. You are most welcome to pop in, have a chat and get an idea of what IVF is all about - the good, the bad and the ridiculous! We have quite a few members who are not yet 40 so you won't be alone in that, I promise We are real, we are supportive, and I can honestly say these ladies are the the silver lining to my journey. I hope you will pop in and say hello

ETA: I will tag you in our thread so you can find us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thank you @Blossom74
    I would really appreciate that. In all honesty I don't think I can fully comprehend what's coming so your advice is really great.
    I would love to be connected to the 40 ivf group.
    I wish you the best of luck! Your journey sounds intensive! Thank you for sharing with me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JKnight View Post
    Hi everyone
    Hi JKnight, it's good to hear, good luck to you! And be strong and brave!

I am 35 and suggested by a SF to do IVF, but i even have not decided to follow which Dr :'(