+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ok, I will not do the pediasure. Promise. I will see the paed on Wednesday.

We had a little breakthrough just before, she had some toast (close to half a slice) and an egg, 200ml of milk, I did put a bit of milo in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My daughter is 2 this month and hadn't cracked 9kgs last time I had her weighed (in May).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Starting pediasure for on a 2 year old

Just be careful with too much milk as it will inhibit her iron absorption - so try add chia seeds to anything she will eat and don't let her drink milk just before or after a meal if you can!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (04-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Just be careful with too much milk as it will inhibit her iron absorption - so try add chia seeds to anything she will eat and don't let her drink milk just before or after a meal if you can!
    Good advice. @Nafsika have you had her tested for anaemia? My DD was severely anaemic (I had no idea but paed wanted to test her as she looked a bit pale) and the paed said that anemia affects appetite and my DD certainly started eating more when she went onto iron supplementation. She's been on it almost 6 months so about to get her tested to see if she's ok now.
    If her diet is terrible and she's having quite a bit of milk then anaemia may be a possibility as the milk can impact iron. Worth asking the paed.
    If the paed isn't concerned then I think you'll need to just try and let it go a bit and just work with what she does eat and focus on making food and mealtimes positive. I know this isn't easy. My 14 month old DD is pretty fussy and throws a lot of food on the floor and it's certainly the most frustrating thing to deal with.
    A Paediatric dietitian might help you with more strategies to improve her diet. Have a look at Adelaide Paediatrics.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's a crap load of milk and DS only drinks milk really. I give kids milk in a glass and pretend the have more by saying bit more and tip some in hope that makes sense so they have a sense they are getting more!

Cut the milk- offer more water.
    Ask about iron supplement I figure they just poop it out anyway
    We give multi vitamin because DS doesn't eat much plus calcium as his bloods were terrible and also now fish oil thanks to @Elijahsmum 😂

In all honest yes we want our kids to eat healthy etc but stop offering. I would make snack at table chairs and let her just grab whatever. My kids HATE me forcing them at tables.

DS diet is- cocktail frankfurts, lactose free cheese, fruit, cucumber, carrot. No veggies. Potato gems. The only remote thing he will eat that is healthy is salmon I don't stress because every night I offer dinner he says no and I still leave it on table and go with flow I don't want to stress him. (I'm over weight) my mum used to freak me out all time at meal times.

Do u see Sanjay? Does she have lip tie etc. did you goto fussy eaters? I wouldn't stress scales are evil if she's healthy xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It will be hard, but I'd cut the milk too. If she's having 2 X 200ml bottles a day, that is a lot of milk for a 2yo's small tummy. My DS was a picky eater and due to tonsils issues, often wouldn't eat at all. He had about the same of milk and I was told to cut it as it was affecting his iron and he was very low. It was hard and he didn't like it, but over a few weeks, slowly started eating more. Took him a year to gain weight he'd lost, but we got there, and now at 7 he will eat just about everything. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I give her incremin now and then. Think I need to offer more though. As for a multivit Sh won't chew them and the pentavit flavours are horrid.

I give her milk morning and night, sometimes she won't have the night one just maybe half if that. But I will ask for the iron levels. Good point. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so just under 10kg may not be ideal but its also not all that unusual for a 2year old.

10kg for a 24mth old girl is above the 10th percentile.

If the dr or pead are not concerned i think you need to just relax a bit about it and not make it such a big thing.

She is happy, meeting milestones etc

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (04-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    Ok so just under 10kg may not be ideal but its also not all that unusual for a 2year old.

10kg for a 24mth old girl is above the 10th percentile.

If the dr or pead are not concerned i think you need to just relax a bit about it and not make it such a big thing.

She is happy, meeting milestones etc
    My daughter is on the 2-3% not 10%

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1472983127.285526.jpg 10kgs and 24 months, this is what who says.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (04-09-2016),RmumR  (04-09-2016)