+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,351
    Thanks
    5,339
    Thanked
    5,128
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default Brazilian wax after having babies...???

    In answer to op...I usually do a 'high bikini' wax so a bit more than a standard bikini but you keep a thong on. Then just 'tidy' up what is left. I've never had the balls to do a Brazilian but have many mom friends who do. So the issue of flaps must not be that big of a deal to the beautician.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,585
    Thanks
    6,289
    Thanked
    6,048
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    In answer to op...I usually do a 'high bikini' wax so a bit more than a standard bikini but you keep a thong on. Then just 'tidy' up what is left. I've never had the balls to do a Brazilian but have many mom friends who do. So the issue of flaps must not be that big of a deal to the beautician.
    I've had this option done a few times too...it's called the gstring (thong for those playing stateside lol) wax. I like it as its a happy medium between the 2 extremes.

    tbh as I've gotten older I have much less issue with hair on flaps. so long as it's short, neat & tidy. in fact a small
    manicured triangle looks much sexier and womanly than a bare foof.

    actually the idea of a completely bare fanny now kind of grosses me out. just seems overtly sexual, bordering on crass. I guess it reminds me of those moronic boys mags like zoo week etc lol

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (03-09-2016)

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,013
    Thanks
    1,083
    Thanked
    4,033
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    actually the idea of a completely bare fanny now kind of grosses me out. just seems overtly sexual, bordering on crass. I guess it reminds me of those moronic boys mags like zoo week etc lol
    This reminds me of a documentary series I half watched on sbs a few months ago. There was an image of a woman that was featured in various magazines around the world. Depending on the part of the world was dependant on how much hair was photoshopped in/out (and various other things as well). Australia/America are very much the totally hairless country whereas various European countries prefer hair.

    AFM - I am currently in CBF mode. I am too exhausted to care. After I start getting more sleep/energy I will deal with it haha.

    Oh and if you are uncomfortable have a chat to the beautician about what you are comfortable with.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

    Mod-Wise Enough  (03-09-2016)

  6. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    155
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked
    68
    Reviews
    0
    Haha this hurts like hell! Although I've never had a tattoo.
    Try to avoid going close to AF being due too... The pain down there is worse!!
    Yeah I can't be stuffed shaving and waxing gives me ingrowns.

    Loved laser. I need to start again!

  7. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,171
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked
    733
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does lasering hurt?

  8. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    155
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked
    68
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Does lasering hurt?
    It feels like a hundred rubber bands flicking you at the same time! I would have tears ********* down my face when they were at some areas down there.
    Although it's much quicker than waxing!!

    I did under arms and full Brazilian in 5 minutes for $70

  9. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,752
    Thanks
    2,041
    Thanked
    2,176
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    This reminds me of a documentary series I half watched on sbs a few months ago. There was an image of a woman that was featured in various magazines around the world. Depending on the part of the world was dependant on how much hair was photoshopped in/out (and various other things as well). Australia/America are very much the totally hairless country whereas various European countries prefer hair.

    I think it's kind of weird. It weirds me out that our society (i.e. males, anyway) seem to prefer hairless pubic areas. I mean, you go through puberty, you grow hair. When you're a child, you're hairless. Why is it a trend to look like that again? I don't like hairless men either!

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

    Mod-Uniquey  (03-09-2016),Mod-Wise Enough  (03-09-2016)

  11. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,171
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked
    733
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So cheap! Sounds very painful though. I might look into it!

  12. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,013
    Thanks
    1,083
    Thanked
    4,033
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    I think it's kind of weird. It weirds me out that our society (i.e. males, anyway) seem to prefer hairless pubic areas. I mean, you go through puberty, you grow hair. When you're a child, you're hairless. Why is it a trend to look like that again? I don't like hairless men either!
    I know what you mean. I have no idea where or how this trend started. I think it still is a personal decision for a female to make for herself. Some people feel or think its cleaner without hair. If so - go for it. But don't feel you have to do it for someone else.

    I know my DH does not care either way.

  13. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,913
    Thanks
    987
    Thanked
    1,471
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Laser doesn't hurt me much at all, the only part that is a bit sensitive is the front but
    I've found laser clinics Australia to be the best


 

Similar Threads

  1. IVF Babies Due Apr/May/Jun 2014#7
    By lotsathoughts in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 587
    Last Post: 05-09-2017, 20:17
  2. IVF babies due Nov/Dec 2016.
    By MaybeBabyIVF in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 213
    Last Post: 22-08-2016, 07:46
  3. Fur babies vs real babies
    By Candiceo in forum General Chat
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-05-2016, 09:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Pea Pods Reusable NappiesPea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT