+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Brazilian wax after having babies...???

In answer to op...I usually do a 'high bikini' wax so a bit more than a standard bikini but you keep a thong on. Then just 'tidy' up what is left. I've never had the balls to do a Brazilian but have many mom friends who do. So the issue of flaps must not be that big of a deal to the beautician.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    In answer to op...I usually do a 'high bikini' wax so a bit more than a standard bikini but you keep a thong on. Then just 'tidy' up what is left. I've never had the balls to do a Brazilian but have many mom friends who do. So the issue of flaps must not be that big of a deal to the beautician.
    I've had this option done a few times too...it's called the gstring (thong for those playing stateside lol) wax. I like it as its a happy medium between the 2 extremes.

tbh as I've gotten older I have much less issue with hair on flaps. so long as it's short, neat & tidy. in fact a small
    manicured triangle looks much sexier and womanly than a bare foof.

actually the idea of a completely bare fanny now kind of grosses me out. just seems overtly sexual, bordering on crass. I guess it reminds me of those moronic boys mags like zoo week etc lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    actually the idea of a completely bare fanny now kind of grosses me out. just seems overtly sexual, bordering on crass. I guess it reminds me of those moronic boys mags like zoo week etc lol
    This reminds me of a documentary series I half watched on sbs a few months ago. There was an image of a woman that was featured in various magazines around the world. Depending on the part of the world was dependant on how much hair was photoshopped in/out (and various other things as well). Australia/America are very much the totally hairless country whereas various European countries prefer hair.

AFM - I am currently in CBF mode. I am too exhausted to care. After I start getting more sleep/energy I will deal with it haha.

Oh and if you are uncomfortable have a chat to the beautician about what you are comfortable with.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha this hurts like hell! Although I've never had a tattoo.
    Try to avoid going close to AF being due too... The pain down there is worse!!
    Yeah I can't be stuffed shaving and waxing gives me ingrowns.

Loved laser. I need to start again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does lasering hurt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    Does lasering hurt?
    It feels like a hundred rubber bands flicking you at the same time! I would have tears ********* down my face when they were at some areas down there.
    Although it's much quicker than waxing!!

I did under arms and full Brazilian in 5 minutes for $70

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    This reminds me of a documentary series I half watched on sbs a few months ago. There was an image of a woman that was featured in various magazines around the world. Depending on the part of the world was dependant on how much hair was photoshopped in/out (and various other things as well). Australia/America are very much the totally hairless country whereas various European countries prefer hair.

I think it's kind of weird. It weirds me out that our society (i.e. males, anyway) seem to prefer hairless pubic areas. I mean, you go through puberty, you grow hair. When you're a child, you're hairless. Why is it a trend to look like that again? I don't like hairless men either!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (03-09-2016),Wise Enough  (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So cheap! Sounds very painful though. I might look into it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    I think it's kind of weird. It weirds me out that our society (i.e. males, anyway) seem to prefer hairless pubic areas. I mean, you go through puberty, you grow hair. When you're a child, you're hairless. Why is it a trend to look like that again? I don't like hairless men either!
    I know what you mean. I have no idea where or how this trend started. I think it still is a personal decision for a female to make for herself. Some people feel or think its cleaner without hair. If so - go for it. But don't feel you have to do it for someone else.

I know my DH does not care either way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laser doesn't hurt me much at all, the only part that is a bit sensitive is the front but
    I've found laser clinics Australia to be the best