Closed Thread
Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    What???? Who does this???
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooch View Post
    Meant to quote not thank!
    I hope you or your DH calls her out on it!
    She wouldn't be welcome back in my house ever, or at least without a sincere apology and promise never to do it again. And even then...
    He gave her his test results to prove the allergy and is better but still kind of shrugs it off. So now he brings up the allergy all the time with her now as a way of emphasizing it. Dh will only eat food she cooks that can be easily proven no shellfish in. Eg steak, chips, salad, recipes like curry where it is made from scratch and no jars and I supervise.

Luckily it's not a bad allergy, just hives and itchiness in mouth and on skin contact for now. He's good at calling her out and he's not scared to. I think she sees it as more of an intolerance because it's not anaphylactic so isn't really an allergy. I'm guessing that's her thinking. I'm not excusing her but she has lost our trust. It's also why I do the cooking or at very least supervise, I mean help cook lol. It's just a tricky living situation we are currently in where we are all dependent on each other for now. It's just easier to deal with things the way we have been for now. It just sucks for now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (01-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MIL buys my daughter presents, lets her fall in love with them first then says "but this is to stay at Nana's, you can't take it home". We don't want / need more toys at home by any stretch but I wish she'd say "I bought you a toy to leave here" first, before she starts daydreaming about taking it home and playing with it there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am wondering why my parents randomly drop in on days when my house has toys strewn from one end to the other and seriously needs to be vacuumed, as opposed to days like today when my floors are clean enough to eat off, I've just baked a batch of amazing muffins, I've done all the washing so look totally productive, and there's not a thing out of place in my living areas. Oh and I found a candle I forgot I had so my house smells amazing.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

DT75  (03-04-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (03-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I am wondering why my parents randomly drop in on days when my house has toys strewn from one end to the other and seriously needs to be vacuumed, as opposed to days like today when my floors are clean enough to eat off, I've just baked a batch of amazing muffins, I've done all the washing so look totally productive, and there's not a thing out of place in my living areas. Oh and I found a candle I forgot I had so my house smells amazing.
    Woo! Go you. I'll come over, I like muffins...
    My house is never tidy haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH left a rollerball pen where DS could get it. DS got it and drew all over his sheets. I guess at least he didn't draw all over the walls/lounge/carpet....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    DH left a rollerball pen where DS could get it. DS got it and drew all over his sheets. I guess at least he didn't draw all over the walls/lounge/carpet....
    Put hand sanitiser on the ink marks (or any alcohol based product) and they will come out in the wash. I've had to clean pen marks off linen twice in the past month alone (thanks dd2 getting into my handbag and pens) including my very expensive quilt cover.

ETA: thank god it was just the sheets! A nightmare to clean otherwise!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (03-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Put hand sanitiser on the ink marks (or any alcohol based product) and they will come out in the wash. I've had to clean pen marks off linen twice in the past month alone (thanks dd2 getting into my handbag and pens) including my very expensive quilt cover.

ETA: thank god it was just the sheets! A nightmare to clean otherwise!
    Thanks! He's never done it before, I was less than impressed. I told him he wasn't allowed to colour in this afternoon if he couldn't do the right thing with pens/textas/crayons. That was as close to a logical consequence as I could manage on the spot without yelling (I'd only just washed the sheets yesterday, too).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Thanks! He's never done it before, I was less than impressed. I told him he wasn't allowed to colour in this afternoon if he couldn't do the right thing with pens/textas/crayons. That was as close to a logical consequence as I could manage on the spot without yelling (I'd only just washed the sheets yesterday, too).
    It's always the way. Dd2 was drawing in my diary on my bed as she emptied the contents of my handbag on there and I wasn't paying attention as she was quiet lol and yep washed my quilt cover the day before 🙄
    ETA: I wasn't angry (my fault) just impressed my 17 month old figured out how to use a pen and paper (and obviously the quilt cover)
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 03-04-2017 at 15:26.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (03-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I can't be bothered finding the funny page if it still exists. Ours been a while since I have been regular active. I ordered a rose pink phone case off eBay. I received a deep, dark purple one. I messaged the seller saying I'm happy to keep it but they should keep a closer eye on their outgoing packages in future. They replied with an apology and saying their may be differences in screen resolution.. Lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (04-04-2017)

White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Another stupid early morning. I hate you time changes. My bed didn't want me to leave

16. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (07-04-2017)