Closed Thread
Page 44 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Sorry, I forgot about the blood phobia. C-section wounds do look awful - I don't have a phobia and it still grossed me out! If it makes you feel better, your insides really won't fall out. I just feels like it! I think there's 2-3 layers of internal stitches before the stitches/staples externally. Hope your DS is ok now. Mouths do bleed a lot, but generally heal quickly. My DS smashed his mouth on some stairs one day and there was so much blood and swelling. 2 days later, you wouldn't have known he'd done it.
    That's ok! I'd have said the same thing to someone if I hadn't known/had forgotten about a blood phobia!

The wound actually does feel ok.... but it is ick.

I'm glad to know DS will be back to his usual self soon. He had frozen yoghurt, jelly, a hot cross bun and a smooze ice block for dinner. He was pretty happy with that. Me not so much... but at least he finally ate something.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Californication  (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Note to self: next time check DDs shoes for sand from the sand pit before taking her shoes off on my bed
    Oh man. This is a lesson i have been taught so many times, but never learn! My DS's pockets always come home full of sand which ends up all over the bed!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Californication  (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Oh man. This is a lesson i have been taught so many times, but never learn! My DS's pockets always come home full of sand which ends up all over the bed!
    Oh god I didn't even think of pockets! Luckily she's not quite at the stage where she knows that she can put things in her own pockets. But it's coming!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I did the same thing recently. Good luck getting it all out! I changed the sheets and somehow it was still there.
    Oh dear - I shook out the quilt (had just changed the sheets and quilt cover on Saturday!) and vacuumed the floor then realized she'd also stepped on the sheets so got the stick vac out. I can be a bit of a princess and the pea with bed haha so hopefully it's ok when I jump in tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    DS2 is 10 this year and he STILL comes home from school with shoes full of sand lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (08-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Oh dear - I shook out the quilt (had just changed the sheets and quilt cover on Saturday!) and vacuumed the floor then realized she'd also stepped on the sheets so got the stick vac out. I can be a bit of a princess and the pea with bed haha so hopefully it's ok when I jump in tonight!
    Me too. I am constantly straightening the fitted sheet, and DH gets told off regularly because he can't keep the top sheet folded. I told him to stop helping to make the bed because he can't do it properly. I really don't give him enough credit for putting up with my quirks. I've got a lot of annoying ones!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    DS2 is 10 this year and he STILL comes home from school with shoes full of sand lol.
    no don't tell me that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Me too. I am constantly straightening the fitted sheet, and DH gets told off regularly because he can't keep the top sheet folded. I told him to stop helping to make the bed because he can't do it properly. I really don't give him enough credit for putting up with my quirks. I've got a lot of annoying ones!
    I very reluctantly about a year ago ditched the top sheet my DH is 195cm tall, he pulls the whole sheet out every night as his feet go over the edge of the bed lol (not his fault). We have a lovely fancy king mattress but it's like concrete it is so damn heavy and with a bad back and pelvis re-making the bed every single day (from scratch pretty much) was killing me so I gave in. Still p!sses me off and when he's away the top sheet comes back as I don't mess up the bed at all at night it's like no one was there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    So does my 7yo most days. And when he was in kindy, his pockets would be full of sand, rocks, leaves.....whatever took his fancy. With 100 kindy kids, I'm surprised there was any sand left in the sandpit by the end of the year

I don't have the same problem with DD. She mostly wears sandals and doesn't fill her pockets!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7

I am waiting for a massage appointment; currently almost 25 minutes past my appointment time for a 30 minute massage. I told the receptionist when I got here but I'm off in a waiting room to the side where no one can really see me. Wondering if I've been forgotten about but don't want to be that annoying person who points out how late they're running if I haven't actually been forgotten about...