Closed Thread
Page 43 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    1. I've had my wound dressing changed twice at the drs so I haven't had to look at it. This ine came a bit loose in the shower today so I decided to take it off. Stupidly thought about having to look at the wound and had to support it as I took off the tape. Also only got 3.5 hours sleep and hadn't eaten. Almost passed out in the shower. Had to get DH to rescue me.

2. DS fell off his bike. Not sure what happened. But he split is lip deeply in 2 places. So many tears. So much blood. Cold wet wash cloth while carrying him and trying to stop my vision from fading. Almost vomited on him and another near faint while I was trying to check it between his sucking on ice blocks.

DH won't be home until almost 8 tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Tiny Dancer, 2 fainting episodes doesn't sound good - do you think it's "just" from lack of sleep? Please look after yourself and get checked if it happens again xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The tiredness definitely compounded the issue. It was mostly the blood phobia. I've got a really vivid imagination when it comes to injuries. Imagining what the wound looks like normally, let alone what could happen if I pulled on the dressing funny (because it was adhered directly to the wound) was a bit much. I always knew going in to the c-section that the wound care would be an issue. Dealing with DS was definitely the blood phobia. As soon as I saw him with blood pouring from his mouth I felt sick and dizzy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum bought a few bottles of red wine for her stay here. The cashier put them in a plastic bag. We got home to my tiled house. The bag broke. Thank goodness there was only one left in the bag, and DS was so good. As soon as I told him not to move he stood right next to me. So glad I hadn't taken his shoes off yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Mum bought a few bottles of red wine for her stay here. The cashier put them in a plastic bag. We got home to my tiled house. The bag broke. Thank goodness there was only one left in the bag, and DS was so good. As soon as I told him not to move he stood right next to me. So glad I hadn't taken his shoes off yet.
    You are not having a great day there @Tiny Dancer, I hope you get some sleep tonight and tomorrow is a better day.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (07-03-2017),Tiny Dancer  (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Note to self: next time check DDs shoes for sand from the sand pit before taking her shoes off on my bed

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (08-03-2017),Californication  (07-03-2017),JR03  (08-03-2017),JustJaq  (07-03-2017),Little Miss Sunshine  (07-03-2017),Tiny Dancer  (07-03-2017),wobbleyhorse  (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes I wonder why I bother giving him anything other than just plain pasta for dinner, given that's all he will eat every single night......

ARGH!!! When will he eat, like he apparently eats at daycare? 2 years of food battles & counting. SO OVER THIS.
    Last edited by allatsea; 07-03-2017 at 18:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    The tiredness definitely compounded the issue. It was mostly the blood phobia. I've got a really vivid imagination when it comes to injuries. Imagining what the wound looks like normally, let alone what could happen if I pulled on the dressing funny (because it was adhered directly to the wound) was a bit much. I always knew going in to the c-section that the wound care would be an issue. Dealing with DS was definitely the blood phobia. As soon as I saw him with blood pouring from his mouth I felt sick and dizzy.
    Sorry, I forgot about the blood phobia. C-section wounds do look awful - I don't have a phobia and it still grossed me out! If it makes you feel better, your insides really won't fall out. I just feels like it! I think there's 2-3 layers of internal stitches before the stitches/staples externally. Hope your DS is ok now. Mouths do bleed a lot, but generally heal quickly. My DS smashed his mouth on some stairs one day and there was so much blood and swelling. 2 days later, you wouldn't have known he'd done it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Note to self: next time check DDs shoes for sand from the sand pit before taking her shoes off on my bed
    I did the same thing recently. Good luck getting it all out! I changed the sheets and somehow it was still there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Sorry, I forgot about the blood phobia. C-section wounds do look awful - I don't have a phobia and it still grossed me out! If it makes you feel better, your insides really won't fall out. I just feels like it! I think there's 2-3 layers of internal stitches before the stitches/staples externally. Hope your DS is ok now. Mouths do bleed a lot, but generally heal quickly. My DS smashed his mouth on some stairs one day and there was so much blood and swelling. 2 days later, you wouldn't have known he'd done it.
    That's ok! I'd have said the same thing to someone if I hadn't known/had forgotten about a blood phobia!

The wound actually does feel ok.... but it is ick.

I'm glad to know DS will be back to his usual self soon. He had frozen yoghurt, jelly, a hot cross bun and a smooze ice block for dinner. He was pretty happy with that. Me not so much... but at least he finally ate something.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Californication  (07-03-2017)