Closed Thread
Page 25 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I need DS to go to sleep without throwing another tantrum today. I honestly don't know if I have the strength left in me to not yell back at him if he screams in my face for longer than a minute or starts hitting/kicking me after I warn him not to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I need DS to go to sleep without throwing another tantrum today. I honestly don't know if I have the strength left in me to not yell back at him if he screams in my face for longer than a minute or starts hitting/kicking me after I warn him not to do it.
    How'd you get on tonight @Tiny Dancer?
    Hang in there you're doing great. Parenting requires a level of patience and calm that I really struggle with. It's my biggest challenge. Cracking under tiredness and frustration and losing it isn't the end of the world. We're great mums but only human I hope tonight was easier for you all x

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (16-12-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (16-12-2016),Tiny Dancer  (16-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww, thanks @gingermillie! Your comment was so sweet, and made me feel so much better. I've been feeling lousy about my levels of frustration with DS and my ability to keep my cool seems to have wandered off with my ability to sleep all night without having to get up and pee a thousand times.
    Glad to report that after a quick chat to DS about how tired we all were, and we all needed to go to sleep, he only stuffed around (without tears or screaming) for 2 minutes, before getting on the boob. It also only took 30 min for him to fall asleep once he was put into bed, which is a third of the time is has taken any other night in about a month. No tempers lost, and a mumma who finally feels like something was achieved today!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (16-12-2016),JustJaq  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Aww, thanks @gingermillie! Your comment was so sweet, and made me feel so much better. I've been feeling lousy about my levels of frustration with DS and my ability to keep my cool seems to have wandered off with my ability to sleep all night without having to get up and pee a thousand times.
    Glad to report that after a quick chat to DS about how tired we all were, and we all needed to go to sleep, he only stuffed around (without tears or screaming) for 2 minutes, before getting on the boob. It also only took 30 min for him to fall asleep once he was put into bed, which is a third of the time is has taken any other night in about a month. No tempers lost, and a mumma who finally feels like something was achieved today!
    That is awesome! Good work, don't you love those moments and you feel like supermum
    Losing my cool at my 18 month old dd more often than I'd like (like tonight when I had to bath her in the kitchen sink with water from the kettle as our hot water service went yesterday and she kept turning the mixer tap on and flooding the bench ) is my least favourite mummy trait. I do my best. I think I am a good mum but I am a bit short tempered. I know this and try to make up for it with tons of cuddles and kisses and positivity. I'm a work in progress

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-12-2016),Tiny Dancer  (17-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    That is awesome! Good work, don't you love those moments and you feel like supermum
    Losing my cool at my 18 month old dd more often than I'd like (like tonight when I had to bath her in the kitchen sink with water from the kettle as our hot water service went yesterday and she kept turning the mixer tap on and flooding the bench ) is my least favourite mummy trait. I do my best. I think I am a good mum but I am a bit short tempered. I know this and try to make up for it with tons of cuddles and kisses and positivity. I'm a work in progress
    I think parenting tests us in ways we've never been tested before. On some days I am really proud of how I manage myself, and how well I cope. Other days I hate myself and feel guilty.
    I'd have lost my temper, too, mess combined with repeated actions seems to press my buttons. And I find I do the same thing with making up for it. Trying to learn how to make it work from previous days can be helpful.... but the next time I try it it usually doesn't work!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-12-2016),gingermillie  (17-12-2016)

White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I need to make a happy vent, a happy vent!
    My youngest sister is engaged! WOO!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (19-12-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (19-12-2016),Purple Poppy  (19-12-2016),TheGooch  (19-12-2016),Tiny Dancer  (19-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ds for taking all the framed santa photos off the side table and entertainment unit so you can play with your cars!!
    Why do I bother trying to have nice things out

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get up, get DS fed, dressed, pack his bag for day care, drop him off, go to get bread and milk with the Christmas crazies, come home and spend the next 5 hours (almost non-stop) doing things for Christmas while DH lies on the lounge and watches movies (which, DH, is on Sunday!), pick up DS from day care, take DH to the Dr and entertain DS while in the surgery and trying not to faint. DH says he wants pizza for dinner - fine, I'm too tired and not feeling great, standing in a hot kitchen seems like a bad idea (DH has been given the all clear and can function fine). Spend 20 minutes trying to get the stupid website to work telling DH at least 6 times that it isn't working. Gets to DS's dinner time, DS starts whinging and still nothing has been done for dinner even though DH said he'd just go down when I told him the website wasn't working the first time. DH tells me to ignore DS. I tell him I wouldn't have to if we had something to feed him. Then DH says that I had all day to organise him some dinner and *instead I stuffed around all day*. F you DH, F you. Christmas would just be another day if we relied on you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Trying to sing along to the carols, but every time it goes high, it makes me yawn. The Hallelujah chorus was an interesting rendition haha

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    Trying to sing along to the carols, but every time it goes high, it makes me yawn. The Hallelujah chorus was an interesting rendition haha
    The all-female choir I was in had our own three part arrangement Soprano Soprano Alto of HC and we sang it so often over the years it was so hard not to yawn through it! It got to the point where I would sing a different part each bar just to stop myself from yawning đŸ˜‚ I always made sure I got to hit that top A though...

I love Christmas carols so much