+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 6th birthday party for a boy

We are hiring a small council hall for ds's 6th bday, due to not having much of a backyard at home.

The hall works for us so that we have a wet weather contingency plan.

I have a Kids entertainer coming along for an hour, but I need other ideas for fun. It's not a massive party but it will go for about 4 hours as its a chance for the adults to get together as well (our circle of friends basically).

I can't have a jumping castle at the hall so that is out. They suggested that as an alternative I hire a ball pit or obstacle course. I would have thought a ball pit for 15-odd kids was the same as a jumping castle really!

Does anyone have any reviews / tips /ideas on what else to do?? It's Ninjago theme so martial arty stuff (eg ninja turtle type stuff) is all ok.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    a bit of a random idea, but you could get in touch with your local toy library and see if they hire out party packs. obviously you'd need to be a member, but they might have something decent. the toy library we're members of hires out party packs for this kind of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default 6th birthday party for a boy

I'm planning a star wars party for DS 6th birthday party in October - sounds pretty similar to yours and I have a Storm Trooper and Luke Skywalker coming to give the boys "Jedi Training" for an hour and a half - the other hour that they won't be eating I'm organising a Star Wars treasure hunt ( find Yoda) a Piñata and a pin the Light saber on darth Vader game so hoping that will keep them busy ( I'll have some rugby and soccer balls and frisbee as back up just in case ) maybe you could similar in a Ninjago theme?