+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,222
    Thanks
    1,383
    Thanked
    1,270
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I should have added, my ds3 will be 7-8 weeks old when we go to the snow, so some of the strollers won't be suitable because he will be lying down flat.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,222
    Thanks
    1,383
    Thanked
    1,270
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also we don't want To use a bassinet attachment as we are taking it overseas so we need something compact & lightweight.

    Damn this is hard!

    I'm tossing up between mountain buggy terrain or baby jogger summit..

    The bugaboo is too bulky, we used to have a cameleon which was great but it's a PITA to fold up, and it isn't in one piece. I know the buffalo can fold in one, but I would need a bassinet attachment for a newborn.

    GAH! I hate making these decisions

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,222
    Thanks
    1,383
    Thanked
    1,270
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also don't want to spend more than $800 max, and that's already a lot for a last-baby pram. We won't be using it again after this baby

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,487
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked
    2,228
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would seriously buy a pram while tour over there 😝

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

    witherwings  (21-08-2016)

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,222
    Thanks
    1,383
    Thanked
    1,270
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I would seriously buy a pram while tour over there
    I've considered this, but our time is limited and I don't want to waste it having to look for a pram. I've thought about buying online and picking it up as soon as we arrive, but that means not having a pram in the airport. Could use my ergo though... Hmmm things to think about.

    #thirdworldproblems

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0
    How long are you over there for? We're in the same boat and personally skipping the pram and just taking a carrier, rather than it getting trashed by the airlines.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,222
    Thanks
    1,383
    Thanked
    1,270
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perfekuto View Post
    How long are you over there for? We're in the same boat and personally skipping the pram and just taking a carrier, rather than it getting trashed by the airlines.
    We'll be in Italy for 2-3 weeks. Not sure exactly how long because there will be a side trip to another country without snow. We go to Italy every year and stay in a resort in the region, but never with such a small Bub before. The youngest Bub we had with us was DS1 at age 3 months and he was barely sitting up by then. I don't know what I would have done without a pram, I definitely needed a break for my arms because he was with me almost all the time and I couldn't snowboard.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,487
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked
    2,228
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    We'll be in Italy for 2-3 weeks. Not sure exactly how long because there will be a side trip to another country without snow. We go to Italy every year and stay in a resort in the region, but never with such a small Bub before. The youngest Bub we had with us was DS1 at age 3 months and he was barely sitting up by then. I don't know what I would have done without a pram, I definitely needed a break for my arms because he was with me almost all the time and I couldn't snowboard.
    Do resorts have prams? I would take a pram with a bassinette like a emmaljunga as they are safe enough to sleep in there basinette is SIDS approved. Buy a $150 one on gumtree let it get trashed and don't worry about it! U can load it up shopping too or I would def get a buff

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    419
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked
    293
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I also don't want to spend more than $800 max, and that's already a lot for a last-baby pram. We won't be using it again after this baby
    I'd justify it by buying something with good re-sale value (but I love prams!)

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Adoralicious For This Useful Post:

    witherwings  (22-08-2016)

  12. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,487
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked
    2,228
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoralicious View Post
    I'd justify it by buying something with good re-sale value (but I love prams!)
    I love prams too SQUEEEEEEL

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

    witherwings  (22-08-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. 'Finding Dory'....suitable?
    By NAT2561 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-07-2016, 19:02
  2. Help with snow holiday
    By delirium in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-04-2016, 22:07
  3. Snow holiday
    By CluckySC in forum Destination Suggestions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 31-01-2016, 12:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
The Fix Program Sydney CBD and BroadwayPregnancy and women's health physio, pregnancy and new mum Pilates classes taught by our physios for you and bub. ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›