+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 75
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,917
    Thanks
    3,693
    Thanked
    2,154
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted View Post
    Like I said, I was answering based on my own personal experience and those of some of the mothers I know who refused induction at term. *I* feel that bub is safer out than in at full-term. I imagine everyone will have their own opinion based on their obstetric history.
    We are not talking about going over 42 weeks (when induction ends up being a medical reason). The OP is potentially looking at being induced at 40+5/6. Big difference.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (19-08-2016),sunnygirl79  (19-08-2016)

  3. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    296
    Thanks
    149
    Thanked
    108
    Reviews
    1
    From personal experience I hated induction, I don't know any better because that was my first but the drip was intense, I didn't have a natural build up to labor it was just nothing one minute, agonizing pain the next, I didn't have a choice as I was 41 + 6.
    At the time my DH was working 4hrs away and was on call for if anything happened because we needed the cash, funnily enough they gave him 2 weeks of at my due date, he was there for the birth but had to go back two days after ha.
    It's really tough, I totally understand the need for finances to come in and it makes the decision impossible.
    Mine didn't lead to further intervention, they talked about forceps and that gave me a bit of a second wind and I pushed like crazy to get that kid out without them. And really as painful as it was it was over, I would always avoid it in future but know I can survive it.
    Good luck!

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,913
    Thanks
    7,758
    Thanked
    6,682
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for all the feedback ladies. I still don't feel any closer to knowing what I want to do. Hopefully Bub takes the decision out of my hands. Lots of BH this arvo but that doesn't mean much.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (19-08-2016),BornToBe  (19-08-2016)

  6. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,038
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked
    58
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not advice really but just some hope. My first was 11 days overdue and I was induced with the gel and was fortunate that for me it started a relatively typical labour.

    With my second I was concerned I'd go overdue as well which was undesirable as DH was overseas and my parents and sister had flown up for the birth and I didn't want to cut things too fine with dates.

    But what do you know, a stretch and sweep the morning before her due date and less than 24 hours later I had her in my arms after she arrived exactly on her due date. No induction required although I'd been booked in for the following day.

    Best wishes :-)

  7. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    3,974
    Thanks
    1,595
    Thanked
    1,318
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would opt for a stretch and sweep to help things along, hopefully that's all you need. As for an induction, I would wait it out until the last possibly chance before DP is going away. Inductions can sometimes lead to c/s and obviously you would want to avoid that with DP going away and not being able to help out.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (19-08-2016)

  9. #26
    AdornedWithCats's Avatar
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    7,676
    Thanked
    3,947
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Personally I wouldn't induce for non-medical reasons before 42 weeks. But you know all about ds' birth and that I come from a perspective of keeping it as low intervention as possible.

    Essentially your choice is:

    1. Be induced and dp there for the birth but away for 5 days while you manage with a toddler & newborn.

    2. Wait and potentially not have dp at the birth.

    Neither are ideal really.
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 19-08-2016 at 19:26.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

    Calstar  (19-08-2016)

  11. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,913
    Thanks
    7,758
    Thanked
    6,682
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I think I'm leaning towards not getting induced and letting DP decide what he wants to do. I could change my mind though lol

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

    AdornedWithCats  (19-08-2016),BabyG4  (19-08-2016),Lil Smurfy  (19-08-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (19-08-2016),sunnygirl79  (19-08-2016)

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,297
    Thanks
    1,410
    Thanked
    1,322
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's a tough one. I would wait until 41 weeks and then decide. will that give you enough time to book an induction or for you DH to cancel the trip?

    I was induced with #1 and #2 and the experiences were very different. I was 41 weeks with #1 and 40+4 with #2 (I think).. Ds1 was a relatively good experience but after ds2 I'm going to do whatever I can to avoid an induction this time.

    Both inductions were with gel, and I had AROM with ds2. Both ended up with drug-free labours but my 2nd one was very traumatic and Bub was in distress. After he was born I noticed scratches on his scalp from AROM and he had scarring from that for months until hair grew over it. I also really had to fight the midwife to avoid any further intervention. It was pretty awful and if you're after a water birth or a natural birth, you might not get either with an induction. I think I was lucky the first time around.

    Good luck with your decision!

  14. #29
    bunkx's Avatar
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hills WA
    Posts
    6,717
    Thanks
    591
    Thanked
    1,299
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    3 of my 4 were induced
    So for me I would go with getting induced :-)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,169
    Thanks
    251
    Thanked
    185
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was induced and loved it. Mine was straight forward. I understand your partner not wanting to cancel of this is his career you are talking about and I wouldn't make him cancel. U can always video the birth. My mum had 2 babies while dad worked away and was fine because he needed to work away at that time.

    Depends how you take it deep down him not being there. If you are going to feel hurt and hold it against him then tell him that as the truth and let him decide..


 

Similar Threads

  1. Wwyd?
    By Frankenmum in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 28-01-2016, 11:23
  2. wwyd ? (sex)
    By Luanajo in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14-12-2015, 22:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Shapland Swim SchoolsSemi private learn to swim classes for a maximum of 3 children in specialized heated teaching pools. Our swim schools ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›