+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Couples who have joint Facebook accounts

For example, Gary n Doris Nuffnuff.

What are your thoughts?

Do you share a fb profile with your significant other? If so, can you share what the reason is behind this?

I have two fb friends with couple profiles and it does make me wonder if there are trust/control issues.

Not my business, but it's not that common so I'm curious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ive got a few older relatives that share accounts with their spouses. Kind of makes sense cause they would share all the info with each other anyway and dont use facebook in the same way the younger generations do.

Heck no would i share an account with Dh. I use messenger on facebook to have loads of chats with friends etc. to me its as personal as my phone texts and emails.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Honestly, I find it a bit..... high school? Sure, I'm married, love the man to death. But we are separate entities. I don't log or check on DH and visa versa. If DH suggested we have a joint account I'd firstly quiz him if he didn't trust me, then tell him to get a life lol we aren't 15.

I also think it can be about partners being possessive. I happened to come across an ex's account and noticed he and his partner have a joint account. He was very possessive when we were together, I couldn't have my own friends or do my own thing without him tagging along (mind you he cheated on *me* several times). And it's clear nothing has changed.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (18-08-2016),JR03  (17-08-2016),rusty22  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend has a couple account, she also has he own but she got overwhelmed by some ridiculous high school crap and deactivated, she made the couple one just to add close friends and family when they had their first baby. He doesn't use Facebook at all lol. She now uses that account all the time for all the normal Facebook stuff ha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    it's so lame I don't even know where to start. get your own identity people! it's not like it costs money to have a separate account

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

AngelicHobgoblin  (18-08-2016),MsViking  (17-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    Ive got a few older relatives that share accounts with their spouses. Kind of makes sense cause they would share all the info with each other anyway and dont use facebook in the same way the younger generations do.

Heck no would i share an account with Dh. I use messenger on facebook to have loads of chats with friends etc. to me its as personal as my phone texts and emails.
    My parents do this. They have all the same friends and talk to them about the same stuff so I think they just can't be bothered having two accounts 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Honestly, I find it a bit..... high school? Sure, I'm married, love the man to death. But we are separate entities. I don't log or check on DH and visa versa. If DH suggested we have a joint account I'd firstly quiz him if he didn't trust me, then tell him to get a life lol we aren't 15.

I also think it can be about partners being possessive. I happened to come across an ex's account and noticed he and his partner have a joint account. He was very possessive when we were together, I couldn't have my own friends or do my own thing without him tagging along (mind you he cheated on *me* several times). And it's clear nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    it's so lame I don't even know where to start. get your own identity people! it's not like it costs money to have a separate account
    Yes and yes. I don't get it why people with joint accounts say "my husband doesn't use it anyway" - then why do you need both names there? We can see your married, there are other ways to display your undying love for your husband on FB than fake "share" a FB account with him!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (17-08-2016),turquoisecoast  (18-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I find it a bit knobby. Maybe because the feminist in me likes to see women stand on their own independent of their spouse.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (18-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only couples I personally know that do it, have had cyber-infidelity issues previously.

I just couldn't be bothered having hubby on mine. He follows a lot of crap I just really don't care about. I barely care about what's in my own feed, I don't need his idiot friends clogging it more haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep it's lame