ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I also think it's unfair that there were people that did not do what was asked of them to help out the builders or to help in common areas did not have a consequence. The builders should just have gone home.
    *Cough*Julia and Sasha*Cough*

All that whinging about the builders not starting in their kitchen yet their space was full of crap. You were asked to move it, so move it. If it's the builders stuff and they have already said that they're going to struggle with the volume of work this week, then help them out and just do it. I think those 2 spent more time whinging about how everything was unfair than actually being hands on. Even after how many weeks on the block they still don't really know what they're doing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (07-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    *Cough*Julia and Sasha*Cough*

All that whinging about the builders not starting in their kitchen yet their space was full of crap. You were asked to move it, so move it. If it's the builders stuff and they have already said that they're going to struggle with the volume of work this week, then help them out and just do it. I think those 2 spent more time whinging about how everything was unfair than actually being hands on. Even after how many weeks on the block they still don't really know what they're doing.
    And then not bringing floorboards in.

It is a team effort people. Just get over your egos. And then there was a little quip about the budget during judging. Again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

MLadyEm  (07-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default The Block 2016 - Woo Hoo!

My wishes for the auction results.

1. Boys to win (because it would rub so many people up the wrong way).

2. Kim and Chris to beat Julia and Sasha... convincingly. But I don't want Kim and Chris to win because I actually don't think they were that good.

3. Maybe Julia and Sasha to even come last...

4. Will and Karlie & Dan and Carlene to tie. These two teams were so far up themselves and unhelpful to each other I want them to tie so there's no gloating and hopefully it will put both Will and Dan in their place. Will is just an arrogant **** and Dan is an ageist/arrogant ****.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MLadyEm For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (08-11-2016),Purple Poppy  (08-11-2016),twinklify  (08-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The boys have got a good chance with the extra room!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I also hope they get new judges for the next season. I'm so over their pretentiousness. I wasn't watching the very beginning of the series closely, but I really hate how they were all judged hard on the whole Art Deco thing. Was that part of the brief when they applied for that season? I think not. If I went on there, I'd struggle with it as it's not my style, it's not what I like so of course I'm probably not going to do it very well. And I think by limiting the contestants to a particular style, some of the apartments have a bit of a "same same" feel about them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    I also hope they get new judges for the next season. I'm so over their pretentiousness. I wasn't watching the very beginning of the series closely, but I really hate how they were all judged hard on the whole Art Deco thing. Was that part of the brief when they applied for that season? I think not. If I went on there, I'd struggle with it as it's not my style, it's not what I like so of course I'm probably not going to do it very well. And I think by limiting the contestants to a particular style, some of the apartments have a bit of a "same same" feel about them.
    'I hate the art'. Art is so subjective. They expect it in every room in their style but not everyone likes the same art as them!

It is not your apartment judges!

I agree with new judges. I actually didn't mind Dan coming in as a foreman. Certainly less cranky pants than Keith. Keeps it interesting.

I adore the boys. How innocent do they look in their sleep. The others all look cranky pants! Is it just me who notices that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope the boys win!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default The Block 2016 - Woo Hoo!

I think the girls and Kim and Chris will win purely as they have the top floor apartments, did you notice now they show the front of the building how close those other new units next door are - the units on the ground and mid floor would be so dark with no views at all so I think that would turn off buyers a lot, plus the boys get last choice of auction order and I think it will hurt your chances going last, the first and second on the order of sale will get all the good buyers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I think the girls and Kim and Chris will win purely as they have the top floor apartments, did you notice now they show the front of the building how close those other new units next door are - the units on the ground and mid floor would be so dark with no views at all so I think that would turn off buyers a lot, plus the boys get last choice of auction order and I think it will hurt your chances going last, the first and second on the order of sale will get all the good buyers!
    Not necessarily. Every year the auction order generally means squat. There was originally always a theory that last won as people were desperate to buy, which hasn't been the case, but given the uniqueness of the building that may very well be the case this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who chose auction order and what is it ?