Closed Thread
Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1001
  1. #921
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,345
    Thanks
    4,978
    Thanked
    4,457
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I've seen the article on my feed but haven't read it. Having had two awful sleepers, I think look at it from the perspective that when you are a new mom and horribly sleep deprived you are looking for any type of silver lining that things are ok and there's nothing wrong with you or your baby because more often then not people make you feel like you're doing something wrong.
    yes of course I get that and I don't blame them for clinging to something.

    but I think it's a bit smarmy and far flung to start hypothesizing that it means crap sleeps now equal above average intelligence as an adult. plus it's rude towards mums whose babies do sleep through? it's like yeah yeah, you enjoy your long sleeps now, you have a lifetime of a dumb kid to endure.

    men don't post stuff like this, why do we?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (14-10-2016)

  3. #922
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,122
    Thanks
    4,916
    Thanked
    4,776
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default I am.....#18

    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    yes of course I get that and I don't blame them for clinging to something.

    but I think it's a bit smarmy and far flung to start hypothesizing that it means crap sleeps now equal above average intelligence as an adult. plus it's rude towards mums whose babies do sleep through? it's like yeah yeah, you enjoy your long sleeps now, you have a lifetime of a dumb kid to endure.

    men don't post stuff like this, why do we?
    I think you're taking it too personally or reading into their intentions. I often share articles that pop up in my feed about the benefits of breastfeeding because I find a lot of it interesting and know my other breastfeeding friends will too, not because I'm trying to stick it to my formula feeding friends and insinuate that my baby will be smarter or healthier than theirs, ya know? They are most likely sharing it for themselves and other friends they know are battling the sleep just like them.

    Anyways, not trying to argue with you, was just trying to give you a different perspective so you didn't feel sh*t about your good sleeper. I'd probably prefer my children to be dunces if it meant I could get some effing sleep.

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (14-10-2016),binnielici  (15-10-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (14-10-2016),Mod-Nomsie  (15-10-2016),smallpotatoes  (15-10-2016),Sonja  (14-10-2016)

  5. #923
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,670
    Thanks
    3,281
    Thanked
    1,958
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    yes of course I get that and I don't blame them for clinging to something.

    but I think it's a bit smarmy and far flung to start hypothesizing that it means crap sleeps now equal above average intelligence as an adult. plus it's rude towards mums whose babies do sleep through? it's like yeah yeah, you enjoy your long sleeps now, you have a lifetime of a dumb kid to endure.

    men don't post stuff like this, why do we?
    Saying that children who don't sleep well are more likely to be above average intelligence is not saying that all children who sleep through are dumb. I think you're reading too much into this.

  6. #924
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,143
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked
    3,235
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am so sore and tired. Had to cart DD around everywhere. She is also not sleeping so I am walking up and down the hall while she is in the ergo. It is not working.

  7. #925
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,345
    Thanks
    4,978
    Thanked
    4,457
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I think you're taking it too personally or reading into their intentions. I often share articles that pop up in my feed about the benefits of breastfeeding because I find a lot of it interesting and know my other breastfeeding friends will too, not because I'm trying to stick it to my formula feeding friends and insinuate that my baby will be smarter or healthier than theirs, ya know? They are most likely sharing it for themselves and other friends they know are battling the sleep just like them.

    Anyways, not trying to argue with you, was just trying to give you a different perspective so you didn't feel sh*t about your good sleeper. I'd probably prefer my children to be dunces if it meant I could get some effing sleep.
    definitely not trying to argue either. it was posted by someone who bugs me a bit so I'm thinking that has rubbed me up the wrong way too. my ds is an ok sleeper, he's not great but he's not crap. maybe on the slightly better end of the spectrum but I'm still a tired mum lol.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

    HeavenBlue  (14-10-2016),HollyGolightly81  (14-10-2016)

  9. #926
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    227
    Thanked
    312
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    over the mum mentality some women have.

    posting pseudo-scientific crap on fb suggesting if your baby isn't sleeping through the night, it's because they're of super human intelligence.

    no, your baby is just being a baby. or, if unlucky, they're just a crap sleeper.

    it indirectly suggests those babies who do sleep well are destined to be licking windows on the special bus.

    but you know, whatever helps you get through the day. f.wits
    Then mine must be a fricking genius

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

    JustJaq  (15-10-2016),Tdez  (14-10-2016)

  11. #927
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    511
    Thanks
    227
    Thanked
    312
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am so sore and tired. Had to cart DD around everywhere. She is also not sleeping so I am walking up and down the hall while she is in the ergo. It is not working.
    And @twinklify has a genius too. Winning! Wait, no...

  12. #928
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,143
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked
    3,235
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    And @twinklify has a genius too. Winning! Wait, no...
    A genius at staying awake with a cheeky grin haha.

    She finally fell asleep.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

    BB77  (14-10-2016)

  14. #929
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,122
    Thanks
    4,916
    Thanked
    4,776
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default I am.....#18

    Haha! I'm obviously raising Einstein supermodels (the theory that **** sleepers are also very cute so you don't hurt them)! Ds2 was up from 4.45-6am chatting away (after waking god knows how many times) and then slept until 8. I had to wake up for ds1 though as dh was leaving for work so didn't get to enjoy the 'lie in.'
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 14-10-2016 at 21:22.

  15. #930
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,146
    Thanks
    3,482
    Thanked
    2,005
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    definitely not trying to argue either. it was posted by someone who bugs me a bit so I'm thinking that has rubbed me up the wrong way too. my ds is an ok sleeper, he's not great but he's not crap. maybe on the slightly better end of the spectrum but I'm still a tired mum lol.
    Yes I find the person posting definitely sways the way I feel about what they are posting. My mil posts a lot of food/health related stuff. She irritates me so tend to write off what she posts as a load of bs. Iykwim.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

    turquoisecoast  (15-10-2016)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Sudocrem / InfacolSudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›