Closed Thread
Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1001
  1. #801
    harvs's Avatar
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,212
    Thanks
    6,492
    Thanked
    16,559
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    @Mod-Degrassi we love you 😘.

    I think the thing is although it's nice to hear the (some?) mods are around behind the scenes, isn't part of the reason they are given modly status because they were active and well-liked members in the first place? So missing the mods isn't just about missing the Mods - it's about missing their contribution to threads as well.

    And since we're sort of on the topic, and I've said this before, I always feel a bit sad/frustrated when DIGs leave to meet elsewhere. Especially those members who are active in other threads - it's like, ok, so I don't get to talk to those people ever now? I get that DIGs form a special bond, but I miss them too!

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (11-10-2016),BettyV  (11-10-2016),binnielici  (11-10-2016),gingermillie  (11-10-2016),Happymum2  (11-10-2016),HearMeRoar  (11-10-2016),HollyGolightly81  (13-10-2016),JR03  (11-10-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (11-10-2016)

  3. #802
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,593
    Thanks
    2,923
    Thanked
    3,213
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post

    Eta:the other mods have disappeared though yes? Apart from closing threads or responding to reports?
    I guess the above quote is probably me. I guess it is very fair to say I have been opening and closing threads and responding to reports more than I have been an 'active member' of late. I do work behind the scenes a bit, because I care about the pm's I get and I also like to drop pm's to people to see how they're going etc.

    I have had a fair bit of 'stuff' going on in my personal life and as a busy Mum of 4 kids, I think it's fair to say that I am doing the best I can at the moment.

    My sincere apologies if it seems I am one of the ones the above posts are intended for.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (11-10-2016),HollyGolightly81  (13-10-2016)

  5. #803
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,274
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked
    513
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Lurkers definitely need to post more. Otherwise this place feels like a side show for people who are bored.

    Mods need to take back control of the direction of here.

    Or if they truly are over it too appoint new ones.
    I'm a lurker! And you're right, it does seem like a side show most days. I obviously can't speak for every lurker, but I don't post often because of a few reasons. I don't have hours to spend debating with someone, and unfortunately there are a number of members who appear to claim victory (for lack of a better expression) when their opponent gives up / stops posting / whatever. The same posting styles from the same members make my eyes twitch and I just avoid anything where they are posting in because it's always the same outcome.

    I joined bubhub 8 years ago and it's changed a lot. Back then, it was pretty brutal. It got really good after a while, but now it's like banging my head against a brick wall. When I read the same style posts from the same members I just shake my head and move on, because years of lurking has shown me that nothing will change.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to just her chameleon For This Useful Post:

    Frankenmum  (11-10-2016),Lauzy  (11-10-2016),Moxy  (11-10-2016)

  7. #804
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,886
    Thanks
    1,127
    Thanked
    1,265
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am laughing at myself because I went to respond to some comments about lurkers and why I hardly ever post (and to be fair I've never been a big poster or controversial in any way) and then I thought "nah, CBF explaining what is driving me crazy". The reason I CBF is because my comments would be picked apart, I would be asked for more information, I would be told that perhaps I have some underlying issues at play and that an opinion couldn't be formed without knowing the rest of the information required. And repeat.

    Anyway, I probably should have just posted why I dont post and what I am finding annoying.

    The good thing though is that I can, and do, ignore threads that I find irritating.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

    Frankenmum  (11-10-2016),just her chameleon  (11-10-2016),Moxy  (11-10-2016)

  9. #805
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,886
    Thanks
    1,127
    Thanked
    1,265
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post

    I joined bubhub 8 years ago and it's changed a lot. Back then, it was pretty brutal. It got really good after a while, but now it's like banging my head against a brick wall. When I read the same style posts from the same members I just shake my head and move on, because years of lurking has shown me that nothing will change.
    I've been around about the same length of time as you and by god it was brutal back then! The posts and nastiness back then would make your head spin at times.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

    just her chameleon  (11-10-2016)

  11. #806
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,284
    Thanks
    1,295
    Thanked
    3,175
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just wanted to add that it's not mods stepping in and closing threads, reminding people of the rules etc. that I was referring to...it was the active involvement. Degrassi is the only one I've noticed commenting in threads to contribute as a member of late. I understand that people get busy...but surely there's more than 2 mods? There were some really active mods when I joined, and I couldn't even tell you who they are now. They've dropped off completely.
    I just think bubhub will become a wasteland if it continues like this. I was part of a forum years ago (before kids), and it was really active and engaging with involved mods etc. Anyway, the 'owner' of the forum moved on, and the mods took a step back because they didn't know the person runing the show. That forum became a skeleton, and became a ghost town really quickly. I see bh in the same light. When I first joined, there were 3 pages of new posts each day, now there is lucky to be 1 page of new posts. I can't be bothered joining a new forum, but no wonder people go elsewhere.

  12. #807
    Mod-Myztik's Avatar
    Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    30,226
    Thanks
    2,794
    Thanked
    1,517
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

    Default I am.....#18

    I'm one that is not around much. Life and all that. There was also a period of time where no matter what the mods did or said they got jumped on or ignored. At times it felt like we couldn't just post as a 'normal' contributing member without our title being an issue I guess? I think some of us took a giant step back and then just didn't jump back in. I read along. I just don't talk like I used to.. I totally own that.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

    HearMeRoar  (11-10-2016),Mod-pegasus  (12-10-2016),TheGooch  (11-10-2016)

  14. #808
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,006
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

    Default I am.....#18

    On the subject of mods though I thought (and I may be wrong) that certain mods had taken on formal roles (like Katie's mum) and that's what I was more referring to. A year or so ago they were like a guiding light and imho worked very hard to remove the bullying and nastiness. But now they've gone.

    As for comments about over moderation that was a problem years ago but it's not the same place. I'd wager many current members would struggle to recall those arguments or issues anyway.

    But it's good to know they're still around. It's a shame a lot of the fun stuff Katie's mum did is gone. I didn't get involved in that but I think those fun threads give quieter people somewhere to post and get known.

  15. #809
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10,688
    Thanks
    3,390
    Thanked
    6,482
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It would be nice to see more people - not just mods - creating new threads to keep this place more lively.

    I encourage anyone who thinks things have gotten a bit stale to check how many new threads they've actually created themselves in recent times. Challenge yourself to start a new discussion. Why must it be blamed on the moderators

    Sometimes I start threads and don't get any replies, but at least I'm trying!

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

    amyd  (11-10-2016),HeavenBlue  (12-10-2016),HollyGolightly81  (13-10-2016),Mod-pegasus  (12-10-2016),VicPark  (11-10-2016)

  17. #810
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,732
    Thanks
    906
    Thanked
    2,838
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    I'm a lurker! And you're right, it does seem like a side show most days. I obviously can't speak for every lurker, but I don't post often because of a few reasons. I don't have hours to spend debating with someone, and unfortunately there are a number of members who appear to claim victory (for lack of a better expression) when their opponent gives up / stops posting / whatever. The same posting styles from the same members make my eyes twitch and I just avoid anything where they are posting in because it's always the same outcome.

    I joined bubhub 8 years ago and it's changed a lot. Back then, it was pretty brutal. It got really good after a while, but now it's like banging my head against a brick wall. When I read the same style posts from the same members I just shake my head and move on, because years of lurking has shown me that nothing will change.
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    I am laughing at myself because I went to respond to some comments about lurkers and why I hardly ever post (and to be fair I've never been a big poster or controversial in any way) and then I thought "nah, CBF explaining what is driving me crazy". The reason I CBF is because my comments would be picked apart, I would be asked for more information, I would be told that perhaps I have some underlying issues at play and that an opinion couldn't be formed without knowing the rest of the information required. And repeat.

    Anyway, I probably should have just posted why I dont post and what I am finding annoying.

    The good thing though is that I can, and do, ignore threads that I find irritating.
    I completely agree with the sentiments expressed in both of these posts. I just couldn't be bothered articulating it. Which is really part of the problem.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Heinz Baby BasicsOur BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›