+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    7,213
    Thanks
    3,948
    Thanked
    3,582
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea. He is terrible with blankets. He's always kicking them off. Did u have any trouble with your kids getting up and tripping over? DS has never attempted to walk in his sleeping bag lol all I worry about is he will fall over trying to get to our room and whack his head on the tiles (probably unlikely! But still a thought)
    No. Mine both perfected the grobag-shuffle and both could get around quite well in them by then! They both used to want them kept on for about an hour after they got up. There probably were a few spills sorting it out, but nothing major.

    I think they both would have been 2 when we moved each of them and both were in the cot for a bit with the side off, and then into a single bed. DD was easier, she happily went straight in. DS was a bit trickier. He took weeks to convince to move rooms, so I'm glad I started early as we needed the cot for DD!

    Not sure how old your little one is, but they do adapt pretty quick - though it did take months and months to stop kicking their blankets off. I eventually turned their blankets around to tuck the length in on the sides to keep them warm in winter! Still do it now with DD and
    she's 4

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,283
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked
    816
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    No. Mine both perfected the grobag-shuffle and both could get around quite well in them by then! They both used to want them kept on for about an hour after they got up. There probably were a few spills sorting it out, but nothing major.

    I think they both would have been 2 when we moved each of them and both were in the cot for a bit with the side off, and then into a single bed. DD was easier, she happily went straight in. DS was a bit trickier. He took weeks to convince to move rooms, so I'm glad I started early as we needed the cot for DD!

    Not sure how old your little one is, but they do adapt pretty quick - though it did take months and months to stop kicking their blankets off. I eventually turned their blankets around to tuck the length in on the sides to keep them warm in winter! Still do it now with DD and
    she's 4
    I might try him in his bag. He stays so warm with it so it might keep him asleep lol he will work out how to shuffle or will just call out lol
    DS is 2.5 so we are just kinda putting it off, he's ready for it I'm sure but it's been easier to just keep him in his cot lol
    Ha! I will have to keep that in mind!!
    Thank you

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    6,718
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked
    897
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Seeing the pic of your kmart doona on top of the cover id think the best idea would be to buy 2 of those , turn the sideways and sew together to make the perfect sized quilt

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,283
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked
    816
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    Seeing the pic of your kmart doona on top of the cover id think the best idea would be to buy 2 of those , turn the sideways and sew together to make the perfect sized quilt
    Thanks! That's a decent idea!! I will see if my mum can do it lol I'm not handy sewing at all!!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    6,718
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked
    897
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Thanks! That's a decent idea!! I will see if my mum can do it lol I'm not handy sewing at all!!
    Probably the cheapest idea too.
    Should be rather easy to do and only take about 10mins on a sewing machine

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,283
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked
    816
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1471173687.950827.jpg

    Out like a light lol
    Not a chance it's gonna be that easy though lol
    He wanted his old faithful blanket so just gave him that, in his sleeping bag. Fingers crossed for a good night

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

    Californication  (14-08-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. How do you tell your toddler 'No'?
    By JustJaq in forum Toddlers (1 year olds)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 16-01-2017, 02:08
  2. Your quilt cover?
    By 2BlueBirds in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 15-04-2016, 09:30
  3. Toddler bed
    By loulou21 in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2015, 23:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Cots on BubhubLooking to buy a cot or bassinet? :: Cot safety checklist :: Local or online nursery ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Things your pets have eaten and shouldn't haveGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IVF Babies due August/Sept/Oct' 16 #4pregnancy and babies through IVF
Depressed without supportGeneral depression and blues
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #2pregnancy and babies through IVF
Night lights?Product Recommendations & Questions
Buying a house.House & Gardens
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›