+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,869
    Thanks
    959
    Thanked
    3,053
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    http://www.kmart.com.au/product/cot-quilt/616305

    Not sure on dimensions as it does not say. Yay for big boy bed!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,233
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked
    789
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    http://www.kmart.com.au/product/cot-quilt/616305

    Not sure on dimensions as it does not say. Yay for big boy bed!
    Thanks! I'll need to look at it id say. Fingers crossed its bigger than the one I posted before lol I really regret buying this cover for him even though he loves it. Such a difficult thing!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,606
    Thanks
    592
    Thanked
    753
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good question. I've never seem them anywhere. But from your picture it says cot/toddler quilt so why not a cot quilt

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,869
    Thanks
    959
    Thanked
    3,053
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Had a google. Amazon has it. I think ebay might. Tried fishpond but their site is out of order (but seems like they might have it). It definitely is a strange sizing for Australian stores!

  5. #15
    hakuna matata's Avatar
    hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,434
    Thanks
    818
    Thanked
    2,465
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It is an odd size! Good luck!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,084
    Thanks
    849
    Thanked
    857
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Standard cot size in Australia and the US seems to be around 90 x 120cm, however the British sites sell them in 120 x 150cm, which is a PITA because the toddler quilt covers sold here all seem to be 120 x 150cm.

    I found these, not sure if they deliver to Australia or not.

    http://www.tesco.com/direct/junior-c...&source=others

    http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare...efault,pd.html

    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...tm#pdpFullDesc

    http://www.thewhitecompany.com/help/duvet-size-chart/

    http://au.johnlewis.com/browse/baby-...quilts/_/N-8ga

    There are heaps more, I googled cot duvet insert 120 x 150 cm to get the above.

    ETA, failing that, Ikea seem to have the biggest I can find in Australia at 125 x 110.

    http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/00262087/

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,233
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked
    789
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the links! It must be British sizing. How strange! I wonder if the place I bought it gets stock from overseas. Might avoid buying things like that from them again or I'll make sure to look at sizing properly lol. The other stuff I've bought is fine, I've found a blanket (just a basic one I use on the lounge) fits well enough. It's 110x150 so I've put that in it for now and I'll let him use his normal quilt that he loves under it.
    We were planning to wait until it warmed up a bit because he uses a sleeping bag but figure we will go without the bag and let him give it a shot.
    Thank you everyone for your help! I'm going to keep an eye out for a comforter of similar size, I may even just buy online.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,233
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked
    789
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And just to add to it.. Pillowcase is not a normal size either.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    7,036
    Thanks
    3,729
    Thanked
    3,439
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Thanks for the links! It must be British sizing. How strange! I wonder if the place I bought it gets stock from overseas. Might avoid buying things like that from them again or I'll make sure to look at sizing properly lol. The other stuff I've bought is fine, I've found a blanket (just a basic one I use on the lounge) fits well enough. It's 110x150 so I've put that in it for now and I'll let him use his normal quilt that he loves under it.
    We were planning to wait until it warmed up a bit because he uses a sleeping bag but figure we will go without the bag and let him give it a shot.
    Thank you everyone for your help! I'm going to keep an eye out for a comforter of similar size, I may even just buy online.
    I kept both my kids in their sleeping bags when they moved to a big bed and just used sheets initially. You could always do that and just have the empty cover on top for him to snuggle under? It takes them a while to figure out not to kick their blankets off.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,233
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked
    789
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I kept both my kids in their sleeping bags when they moved to a big bed and just used sheets initially. You could always do that and just have the empty cover on top for him to snuggle under? It takes them a while to figure out not to kick their blankets off.
    Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea. He is terrible with blankets. He's always kicking them off. Did u have any trouble with your kids getting up and tripping over? DS has never attempted to walk in his sleeping bag lol all I worry about is he will fall over trying to get to our room and whack his head on the tiles (probably unlikely! But still a thought)


 

Similar Threads

  1. How do you tell your toddler 'No'?
    By JustJaq in forum Toddlers (1 year olds)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 16-01-2017, 01:08
  2. Your quilt cover?
    By 2BlueBirds in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 15-04-2016, 08:30
  3. Toddler bed
    By loulou21 in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2015, 22:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Sudocrem / InfacolSudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
I has a funny funny #2Games & fun stuff
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Miracle March TTC and Testing ChatConception & Fertility General Chat
Feeding a 9 month oldGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Married At First Sight 2017Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
Dr Antony Lighten - Appreciation threadpregnancy and babies through IVF
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›