+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,859
    Thanks
    757
    Thanked
    916
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterJade View Post
    So is the Adelaide Hills (greedy). But I guess having all the million dollar mansions nearby means that us with normal houses pay less. Lucky you buying in 1999 in Adelaide. Before the boom. We're not in our forever home yet, probably not for a while
    I was very lucky as 6 months later the same houses in the same street where selling for $50k more. I paid $98k and sold for $300k and was mortgage free so I have the big house now with a teeny mortgage and it's all renovated so worth more again. Don't think I'll stay here forever though. The block is on a slope I'm sick of the pool and the gardening is to much now on my arthritis

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Adelaide, SA
    Posts
    429
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked
    385
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I was very lucky as 6 months later the same houses in the same street where selling for $50k more. I paid $98k and sold for $300k and was mortgage free so I have the big house now with a teeny mortgage and it's all renovated so worth more again. Don't think I'll stay here forever though. The block is on a slope I'm sick of the pool and the gardening is to much now on my arthritis
    Wow that's amazing! Good on you. Our first home was five times that 😞 but I didn't start working until 2006 after things got expensive. Just unfortunate timing. My
    Mum paid $29k For our family house in the 80's. Imagine!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked
    126
    Reviews
    0
    Ceduna in far west SA is brutal on it's rate payers - up to 3500 - 4000 range

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    948
    Thanks
    854
    Thanked
    370
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzy36 View Post
    Ceduna in far west SA is brutal on it's rate payers - up to 3500 - 4000 range
    😮 I think I've driven through there. It's just a tiny town?!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,859
    Thanks
    757
    Thanked
    916
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterJade View Post
    Wow that's amazing! Good on you. Our first home was five times that but I didn't start working until 2006 after things got expensive. Just unfortunate timing. My
    Mum paid $29k For our family house in the 80's. Imagine!
    If only. My folks built in 1978 for $47 my house backs onto their backyard, makes for great baby siting

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

    WinterJade  (13-08-2016)

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,296
    Thanks
    330
    Thanked
    994
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Per quarter for townhouse in Brisbane
    Rates $250
    Water $400
    Bodycorp $1000

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked
    126
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    😮 I think I've driven through there. It's just a tiny town?!
    That's right.... very tiny town - very steep rates...

  9. #38
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Central West
    Posts
    1,579
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked
    902
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    $2200 per year for regional NSW town then around $150 per quarter for water. High rates and shocking roads where I live


 

Similar Threads

  1. Do KFC employees get week end rates in they work weekends..
    By RuffledPansy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2016, 07:32
  2. Minimum wage rates
    By A-Squared in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-01-2016, 21:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Life FertilityLife Fertility Clinic is a boutique fertility clinic located in Spring Hill, Brisbane. Our dedicated fertility and IVF ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Skin CareBeauty
Has anyone had Botox?General Health
Split families, court disputes.Step-parents / Blended families
Finding a Surrogate in QldAdoption / Surrogacy
April/May TTC group chat #2Conception & Fertility General Chat
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›