+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Do you stack your dryer on top of your washer?

We have ours stacked and the bloke that sold them to us recommended a rubber matting thing in between to give some grip/stability. Washer is an LG, Dryer is Electrolux so not the same brand, but similar size.
    Last edited by MLadyEm; 08-08-2016 at 08:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep ours are stacked. We have a rubber mat between them and made sure we picked a lighter dryer and one that was similar size

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    What about the washer dryer combos? I haven't used one so no idea if they are any good.
    I have my dryer and front loader separate. My old front loader moves a bit on its violent spin cycle lol no way it would be safe to have a dryer on top. But this may be just because it is about 13 years old I'm sure a new one wouldn't be that violent!
    We thought about those, but at the store we shop at (jb hifi) they start at $2599 and the reviews online for that model are horrible. I wouldn't mind paying that if it had good reviews but also thinking about the fact that I like to wash and dry two loads at the same time, the seperate washer and dryer would be better for us.. Plus it comes in at under $1500

Thanks so much for all of your advice ladies, I'll talk to the store and see if they recommend a rubber mat or shelf etc. did anyone buy your dryer shelves from the dryer seller or did you get them at a hardware store?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrswhitehouse View Post
    We thought about those, but at the store we shop at (jb hifi) they start at $2599 and the reviews online for that model are horrible. I wouldn't mind paying that if it had good reviews but also thinking about the fact that I like to wash and dry two loads at the same time, the seperate washer and dryer would be better for us.. Plus it comes in at under $1500

Thanks so much for all of your advice ladies, I'll talk to the store and see if they recommend a rubber mat or shelf etc. did anyone buy your dryer shelves from the dryer seller or did you get them at a hardware store?
    For us it was an 'accessory' and ordered at the same time.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We do, my dad cut out a piece of wood the size of the washing machine to sit it on. No trouble

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have our dryer sitting on top of our washer. I was a bit worried as we have a heat pump dryer and it's quite heavy but the guy at jb hifi assured us it would be ok and so far so good. We bought a carpet square from Bunnings to put between the two and don't get any movement.

I've heard the washer/dryer combos are best avoided. Apparently they aren't very good at either job!