Closed Thread
Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @julianicholson I looked up the modoo, looks cool. It I think it's still in development and isn't available to purchase yet. Also, I doubt there have been tests on its safety, so I'd be careful. Maybe in a few years it will be available and tested.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsy37 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (23-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, is anyone else suffering from headaches? I'm nearly 15 weeks and for the past week or so I get them every single day. They are really bad. I'm drinking lots of water (between 2 to 3 liters a day) and I don't know what to do. Have to take a sick day on Friday as it was excruciating. Any tips for survival?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gypsy37 it is available but only through international sites. I understand what you are saying in terms of safety, I will do more research.

In terms of headaches apparently it is quite common, have you tried ginger tea or ginger lollies. These are great for morning sickness but apparently are meant to help with headaches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Gypsy37 I've been getting headaches on and off but only lasts for an hour or so then goes (thankfully!). Does panadol help you? If not it could possibly be coming from your neck, relaxant is increasing at 15 weeks (reaches its peak anywhere from 16-20 weeks I believe) so this can put extra strain on everything which could be the cause of your headaches. Seeing a Physio/chiro/osteo/remedial massage may help. I'd be trying that if I were you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gypsy37 I have been getting a lot of headaches too the past few weeks! I have always been prone to headaches so am more used to it but it certainly sucks not being able to take the same drugs I used to! Most of mine have been tension headaches (from neck and shoulders). To try and reduce these I have been doing weekly massage and acupuncture sessions. I have also had a few headaches that seem more fatigue related and have noticed that when I can (on weekends) if I have a short nap that usually helps. Of course if they get too bad I will take some panadol and have a small amount of caffeine which has always helped make the drugs work better for me. The past week has been a little better, but I am starting to get some energy back also and started iron supplements. Not sure if that is related though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!

How is everyone?

Bought our first big baby item today . Got the nuna pipa capsule. Hope we made the right decision going with a capsule travel system. What is everyone else going with?

Excuse my ignorance but can a newborn go straight into a standard pram seat or do they have to go into carrycot/capsule?
    I just read that newborns can't be in a capsule for more that 2hrs? Now I'm wondering if a capsule is just a waste of time? OMG I have so much to learn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 newborns can go straight into some pram seats as long as they have the newborn insert.

Capsules are very handy and all going well I will be getting one. You are correct in saying they aren't meant to be in capsules for prolonged periods, from memory it's due to the position they are in which can 'settle' over long periods which can cut off airways.

All of this is from watching friends and listening to their stories, no first hand experience.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to julianicholson For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 I'm borrowing a capsule- not sure what brand it is. My pram you can buy adaptors to insert the capsule in.
    My pram also lies flat therefore bubs can go straight into the standard pram seat also. The lady at the shop just recommended getting a head rest thingy to support bubs head when they're a newborn. I'll most likely click the capsule into the pram if bubs is asleep and use the standard pram seat when bubs is awake.

I didn't know about a newborn not being in a capsule for more than 2 hours- I also have so much to learn but I'm sure we will all ace it!

How is everyone going? Anyone got any exciting appointments coming up? I see my ob tomorrow which I'm excited about. Still getting ms at 17 weeks some days I think it's getting worse

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 I didn't get a capsule with DD. I remember trying to decide and it was doing my head in with all the options and different prams to pick from. In the end, DH reminded me that we didn't have to have everything right away. He suggested that we wait and see if we needed one first, if we felt it was a must have, then we could go out and get one once Bub had arrived. I mainly wasn't sure if it was worth it as I'd also heard about the 2hr thing (I think it's because it's not good for their spine to be in that arched position for a prolonged period). Also babies can only go in them for about 6mths so I wasn't sure if it was worth buying one. In the end I didn't need one but I think the only thing that saved us was that our garage is joined to our house so I'd leave DD in the car seat asleep with the doors open and the joining door to the house open and do stuff in the kitchen and lounge room near the door while she slept. I had friends who had garages separate to the house and they'd often be stuck in the car waiting for them to wake up since they didn't want to wake them. If they had a capsule, I'm sure it would have come in very handy.
    As for prams, the other ladies are right, newborns should really be in a flat seat. I got a bugaboo pram with a bassinet attachment. Since DD was born in the middle of winter, I didn't mind taking her out of the car seat to move her into the pram so I could wrap her up since it was so cold. I do think if I ever had another that a capsule would be very handy when having another child to look after at the same time. I really don't think you could go too wrong with getting one as they'll always have their benefits and when you're done, you could sell it and make some money back.
    Also don't worry about thinking you have a lot to learn. I remember feeling a bit overwhelmed when pregnant with all the tips and bits of info I was given (how was I to remember it all?) but it's true what they say, motherly instinct doesn't take long to kick in. I'd had nothing to do with babies before having DD but you just know what to do (and if you don't, you just call mum or ask get advice from other mum friends or ladies in this group).
    Last edited by Annerley; 26-10-2016 at 20:07.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (26-10-2016),Muchulu1  (26-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saw my OB today. Bubs is looking healthy was kicking about during the scan. Spine was looking great and heart beat was strong. All is looking great, my placenta is anterior hence the reason I'm only feeling very very slight sensations. Must say seeing bubs today has made my morning sickness feel so worth it all. 2 more weeks until my big scan. Can't wait!

Ladies that are going private can I ask when your 20 week management fee is due?
    Mines a little confusing....... I'll try to explain..... so the ob I am seeing is locuming for my FS so I had the choice of going with FS fee schedule or the OB's fee schedule. I decided to go with FS fee schedule as her 20 week management fee was billed at 20 weeks but payable at 28 weeks. 28 weeks will just kick me over to the new year so I'll then reach the safety net for the whole of next year so I decided to go with this option. However at today's appointment the receptionist couldn't understand what I was saying (even though I was showing her the fee schedule). So just wondering if you're paying your 20 week fee at 20 weeks or do most obs give you a few extra weeks to pay? I hope this makes sense!