+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    First time poster and long time lurker!
    I am starting 'controlled comforting' with my 6 month old who has been unwell with a cold and started a habit of being fed to sleep. He also naps for 45 and has done so for many months, but I can see he needs more.
    I am reading conflicting information about exactly how to do 'controlled comforting' and wondering if someone could help the problems I forsee.
    My lo will start with screaming or protesting, which I am actually fine with... so we put him down/kiss/tell him his tired etc and then walk out. We wait 2 mins, then back in..here are my questions:
    - I go in with the aim of reasuring, not calming? Do I touch or pat or look at him? how long do I stay in there?
    - If he becomes more worked up, is it against the "rules" to pick him up and then put him down?
    Following that, I go back out for 4 mins, then repeat, up to what incriment?
    Any specific advice on what worked for your babes would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going to try this again tonight. I did cc and it worked for a bit then when my son was sick I brought him into bed with me again. That was 4 months ago so I need to get him to sleep on his own again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It worked amazingly for my ds1. He was waking at least hourly during the night and was so hard to settle as didn't want to be cuddled, he just seemed to be frustrated as he was tired but didn't know how to go back to sleep.
    We did it at 6 months and it took less than 2 weeks for him to sleep through the night and has done since. He's now 20 months and I can't remember the last time he woke during the night. It all depends on what the problem is but for us it solved the problem which was that he needed to learn to sleep on his own. And the longest he cried for was 20 mins with checks inbetween.