Closed Thread
Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey I won't be able to make it tomorrow my partner has been sick since Thursday and I am coming down with it and Zoe is unsettled so I don't want to spread germs... I am usually free Monday so can make it next time I promise... sorry x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due August/Sept/Oct'16#3

So L has started witching hour. Here I was thinking we were the few lucky ones to escape the dreaded witching hour, but a few days ago it started for us I guess we were lucky to make it to 7 weeks before it started!!

So far it's from about 6:30/7 til 9:30ish.
    So, the questions is....what tricks do you all have up your sleeve to survive and stay sane??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For me it was just about dropping all expectations. I expect him to do nothing but cry and suck. Expect to not put him down at all in that time. Then if it's better, and you can, then great. But if it's not? No harm done. Have an afternoon nap to prepare for it if you can. Gives you more strength in the moment. Give as much food as he asks for in that time. Distract, chat, baby massage, go for a walk in the pram, baby wear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Barca it totally sucks! I just have in my mind that it is normally over by 8.30 so there is an end in sight. And just like mrstugs says I don't try and put him to bed before that time.

I've found baths are good to try and switch it up and break the cycle a bit. I also have a little heat pack that I use to warm up his tummy ( he has colic so has wind problems and this causes a lot of the crying etc during witching for us). It calms him down and he sometimes falls asleep with it. I walk him out into the yard, he loves looking at trees, it can often distract him from screaming. At least for a little bit! Have you heard of infants friend? I put a little bit on a dummy and he sucks as he loves the taste. So he has to stop crying to do that. Lol works sometimes not always!
    Good luck it truly sucks but know u aren't alone! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Count me out for tomorrow, another blasted migraine here, these hormones are driving me even battier. My preventative can increase my anxiety so in a catch 22. Going to rest in the cool to try and break this cycle. Rain check?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Let's skip tmrw. Too many bailing. We will get there eventually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do a baby blath at 6, feed, swaddle, two nursery rhymes (always the same) and he is in his cot with lights out and white noise by 7. I go to bed in the same room at the same time which gives me a decent stretch of sleep.

some days he fusses more than others but by 7.30 we are usually both sound asleep.

nay- nay, y'all!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NORgirl For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I swear the witching hour is sorted by just sitting in a dark room just sitting there and feeding when they need feeding... we followed this book and always go for a walk at bed time if weather permits if she won't settle and then I transfer her with an extra feed if needed and usually she's down within 2 settles! Tonight in bed by 6.30pm and asleep by 6.45pm
    Attached Images

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ttc1981 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (14-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ttc in general I agree but he now refuses to latch if he's worked up which put a spanner in the works

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe he's not hungry... maybe he's stretching out between feeds... try to push his time out... I did this with Zoe and how she sleeps from 6.30pm I sometimes wake her at 9.30/10pm for a dream feed but tonight she fed alot so letting her go and see how long she can go for...
    Not sure if this helps as don't know his feeding pattern...