ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Barca yep there is family health nurses near me. I'll book into see them. They probably have every trick in the book. I thought it was just witching hour, generally fussy but I'm just worried that he seems in pain. And he has started to be fussy/in pain during feeds in the morning too. But during the day he is happy. Haha gypsychild my hubby is home too this week and had seen a different child! He is always grumpy when he gets home and my hubby gets handed him like that everyday lol.
    I guess every faze doesn't last. I couldn't see a time where he would sleep all night but that is now happening so it can change pretty quickly

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

gypsychild  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your so lucky your bub sleeps thru... we did 7pm till 1am last night then till 4.30am as she heard her dad getting up and then slept till 8am... twice a night is fine as she didn't wake for her 10pm feed and I decided to leave her
    She also has started taking more food which is amazing... last night before her big sleep she had 170ml the most I have ever got into her is 130ml... even her 1am feed she took 120ml
    We are back on losec too and it's makes a difference @MrsTugs she no longer chokes from the reflux and tolerates everything
    Did you try novalac colic @Hopeful37 we have mustard poo but on our gold formula we had dark green due to the iron... doctors are only good if they are interested try the health nurse instead x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    "Doctors are only good if they're interested" I've never heard it phrased so perfectly in my life ...

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (04-11-2016),Hopeful37  (04-11-2016),ttc1981  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yay a poo talk. My husband makes fun of me because I always inspect them my mothers milk ones are very dark green. I think it is because I got an iron transfusion in the last trimester and afterwards my iron was really high, which seems to be a good thing. In comparison, the formula top up blotches are mustard. We top up with a2 platinum.

witching hour is normal, someone posted a really good article a few days back about "boring baby to sleep". It worked a treat for us and we had some very peaceful evenings. Until along came this leap. i now noticed it helps when I massage - very gently - his upper jaw. Although teething is months away maybe his roots are tickling or something I don't know.

Wow @ttc1981 that is heaps. Arthur is still on less than 100 ml per feed as far as I know. He is 6kg now. I don't know for sure how much milk my boobs can store, the most I have ever pumped was 160ml but they really hurt beforehand. There is a really good article about breast feeding frequency on Bub hub today http://www.bubhub.com.au/hubbub-blog...king-too-long/

We are booked in for a day stay at ngala tomorrow. Will see how that goes.

Anyone heard from @Pepper1977?
    Last edited by NORgirl; 03-11-2016 at 21:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies, sorry been AWOL, been interesting few days. Hospital was great - midwives are not paid enough by far. Got some great advice and rest. OB referred me to the Elizabeth Clinic for mental health support as I think I have anxiety and perhaps a bit of PND from our rocky start. Appointment not until 14th so trying to get myself on track till then. Family has rallied, even those I was estranged from. Today was my first solo day and handled it well, well fed and settled baby. For next few weeks got a family member here each night so I can get some sleep but also not have an anxiety attack if things go pear shape. Just trying to be kind to myself mentally and learn this motherhood thing. Feeling more positive and blessed this little girl has helped to mend bridges I thought were totally gone.

I think she is going through a bit of a growth spurt as she is now up to 150ml which she takes most feeds but she feeds every 5-6 hrs.

Thanks for the support ladies, can't wait to meet u all one day to say thanks in person.

Just taking it day by day but feeling more together.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pepper1977 For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (04-11-2016),gypsychild  (04-11-2016),Hopeful37  (04-11-2016),NORgirl  (03-11-2016),Peedypie  (04-11-2016),Tinker16  (04-11-2016),ttc1981  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pepper I'm so glad to hear things are looking up for you. That's all wonderful news. Take it slowly. You're doing so great. At the end of the day I like to sit back and look for just one positive. Even if it's "today I got a nice warm shower" or "I feel Bub settled much better today than yesterday". Helps find perspective at the end of a seemingly endless day.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Barca07  (04-11-2016),Hopeful37  (04-11-2016),Pepper1977  (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    NOR I had a Ngala consult today. Day stays are a bit rich for my blood but I think these consults will really help.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

ttc1981  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for keeping us posted Pepper!!
    Sounds like you're doing a good job of taking care of yourself and of Bub. Hang in there!! Hoping the next couple of weeks go quick for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know I'm so lucky he is sleeping through. I'm kind of waiting for the bubble to burst! I'm not taking any night for granted that's for sure! It does help to be able to cope with the screaming matches morning and night.
    When I went to get the novalac formula it said on the the back of the pack that should be used under Drs supervision or advice or something so I was going to bring it up with my other questions with the gp but instead I was rushed out the door with a sample of formula very similar to the one I was using ( part hydrolysed milk so it's easy to break down) nothing special just S26.
    So good ttc that she is taking more food. It helps with the sleep so much doesn't it. Because Joey is now missing a feed overnight he power eats in the morning. But he seems to work out how much he needs x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

ttc1981  (04-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear Pepper. You are doing a great job xx