+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need help with what to study for future career choices

Hi all
    So I'm trying to think a bit ahead here so I have an idea of where I'm going with my future. I'm currently a single stay at home mum to a 2.5 year old and pregnant with no.2 (I have full time care of my son and will with baby no 2 as well).
    I want to get back into the workforce once the youngest starts school and in the meantime study.
    I'm currently a qualified teachers aide, have worked in before and after school care, and been a learn to swim teacher.
    I'm thinking of adding to these qualifications so that they cover special needs. I was also thinking maybe I could become a librarian for a school or the council? But what sort of courses and study does that involve? Someone told me I have to go to uni to become a librarian?
    What else could I do? (I don't want to become an actual teacher or childcare worker).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya,

Yes, you have to go to uni to become a librarian. However, I have seen jobs listed seeking trainee librarians as part of a program in some state schools though these are rare.

A teachers aide in a special needs school would be ideal for you. You could also be a literacy/numeracy worker with your qualifications, as well as a professional tutor.