+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I assume you're not currently working? how do you manage it when you go out or if you've been drinking?
    I only expressed when I went back to work when DD was 8 months old.
    Re: going out as pp's have said I would just time it during the day to leave straight after a feed, giving me a couple of hours to escape.
    Drinking: DD started sleeping 6pm- 2am ish quite early on so I would have a glass of wine or 2 as soon as she went to bed if I wanted. Early on I went to a couple of weddings & just found it easier to drink in moderation & feed at the usual time than muck around with bottles.
    I went away overnight when she was about 12 months old on 1 feed a day and did need to pump then, just for comfort though, DD didn't seem to mind missing 1 feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post

what do you do if you're going out/having a few drinks? just give formula instead?
    i don't drink so this is a non issue. I'm also extremely introverted so going out is rare and if I did happen to go out it was between feeds (with my older ones). Haven't been out without bubs yet and j don't expect to until after 12 months..
    Last edited by SookiLala; 15-07-2016 at 11:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am overwhelmed with the support from everyone on here. Thank you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I breastfed twins for a year and couldn't express a drop. I just could never do it. ..think i had some psychological aversion to that pump! I started trying in hospital and was made to feel awful by a couple of midwives. But then one midwife told me how she couldn't express and how it isn't an indication of how well a baby can feed. After that i had confidence my twins would feed okay and we never had a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Should i be expressing?

To the OP, I totally agree you the majority in this thread. Don't pump! Why bother. It's a pain and should only be done if you need to or want to. You're doing a great job. Just keep doing it!
    @turquoisecoast have a read of this regarding drinking and feeding. I drink when ever I feel like it (but that's not very often and not ever to excess) and I never let it interfere with my normal feeding.
    http://evolutionaryparenting.com/gue...l-consumption/

Xxx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (16-07-2016),SookiLala  (16-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Regarding drinking, my lactation consultant actually recommended I "reward" myself with a glass of wine in the evenings. After one drink the amount of alcohol passed into breastmilk is less than a dose of Panadol. I think there is sometimes a misconception when it comes to drinking and breastfeeding. I'm certainly not saying it's okay to drink a whole lot and then feed your child; you have to be realistic.

anyway I've been hand expressing in the shower of late lol. I guess if I can up my supply a little and not have to store the milk, all the better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    To the OP, I totally agree you the majority in this thread. Don't pump! Why bother. It's a pain and should only be done if you need to or want to. You're doing a great job. Just keep doing it!
    @turquoisecoast have a read of this regarding drinking and feeding. I drink when ever I feel like it (but that's not very often and not ever to excess) and I never let it interfere with my normal feeding.
    http://evolutionaryparenting.com/gue...l-consumption/

Xxx
    Oh wow.

This is something that is helpful to me. I always wondered how it is OK to have an AD yet a drink (I mean small) is bad. And I feel/felt super guilty if I have a few sips and DD wakes to drink.

Thank you.