Closed Thread
Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary17 View Post
    Hey all. Brand new here and about to start our TTC journey. We are just going to take a relaxed approach and let things take their course. Will only be testing when AF is due/late. Trying not to focus too much on timing when we DTD, just doing it whenever we feel like it! My DH knows almost nothing about conceiving, so I'm trying to keep it to myself so I don't stress him out haha. I'm so excited but also a bit nervous.. Anyone else new to the TTC community?
    Hi Mary17, welcome , I too am new into the game of TTC in a few weeks I'll be in my first month of trying after we had to stop for 6 month (due to work) that was the longest time ever!
    Relaxed is a very good way to start, we are starting with our honeymoon, no better way to relax and have fun then with a holiday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeSarah View Post
    Hi Mary17, welcome , I too am new into the game of TTC in a few weeks I'll be in my first month of trying after we had to stop for 6 month (due to work) that was the longest time ever!
    Relaxed is a very good way to start, we are starting with our honeymoon, no better way to relax and have fun then with a holiday
    We were thinking of waiting a bit as we are also newly married, but I just don't want to! Haha.

Oh yes, honeymoon is a great place to start! Where are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    #Mary17, we are going to Queensland and staying in a beautiful spa retreat. We have been married nearly a year, it's a belated honeymoon. I couldn't wait last year and we had only a two month window before we had to stop for work commitments. Little bit of me wishes I didn't rush into it last year but now I think I won't be so crazy, got the crazy out of my system 🤣🤣

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ZeSarah For This Useful Post:

Mary17  (10-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylez83 View Post
    @InterestedWoman sorry to hear but all is not lost! We are an example of luck with falling on our own despite being told it won't happen.

I agree with comments above, coq10, Chinese herbs and acupuncture. But whilst doing these things I would still get the ball rolling to see a fs. Your gp should be able to point you in the right direction, if not jump on one of the ivf links and ask for tips in your area. There are a lot of tests you need to both get done before a fs will even look at booking you in for a consultation so find the clinic you want to use and find out what tests they need you to do first. But I 100% recommend doing acupuncture and herbs for you both. It can be expensive but it's cheaper than ivf and less invasive. Oh and ask your fs if you can try iui first, if you wish to try that option before ivf. It's a lot to take but you can do it! Let me know if you have any questions xo. I'm not on the forum often so tag me if you want me to see your post. Good luck!
    Thanks for the reply. We are keen to look into alternatives to improve his sperm health but we have a referral to a FS who is well known on this hub I think. Seems like it's going to be an expensive journey for us.
    Hope you're plodding along well!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to InterestedWoman For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (11-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    @interestedwomen where snouts are you located qld/nsw etc
    im sorry you got thst news but there is lots of things you can explore for swimmers before jumping into ivf
    zinc, selenium , co q10 ( I would prob myself invest in a natupoath/Chinese consult to get right doses and supplements for dh )
    We are in Melbourne. Thanks for the reply. We will definitely be looking into these things. Hope all is well for you. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a mini freak out last night. DH and I DTD unprotected for the first time. I woke up in the middle of the night freaking out about money and whether this was the right time and whether we should wait. I finally fell asleep and this morning I feel great and definitely sure we are ready. Crazy how my mind works..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Welcome to the new ladies Hope your ttc journey is a nice and short and relaxed
    @InterestedWoman Just wondering, does DH have a lot of hot baths/spas? I remember someone on the forum finding out the reason their DH had low sperm count was due to them having really hot baths all the time. Just a thought
    @kylez83 How are you going hun? How many weeks are you now?

I found out i don't have gestational diabetes this time woohoo!! BUT i am just under what they consider the cut off for it. My fundamental height is still measuring ahead so they want me to have an ultrasound before my next hospital check up. I'm going to cut back on my sugar intake and see if that makes any difference to my fundamental height. If baby is still measuring ahead i may have to do the GTT again =/ Hopefully this isn't the case.

Tomorrow i will be officially in the 3rd trimester... eeeeek Sh*t is getting real!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to curlybird For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (13-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @curlybird thanks for thinking of me but no he doesn't. There are some lifestyle factors however so we need to assess things and make some changes for sure.

Can't believe you're in third trimester! Seems like yesterday you were telling us you were UTD

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InterestedWoman For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (13-05-2017),kylez83  (13-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I spent time with a newborn and it has firmly cemented in my mind that I am extremely clucky. To be honest, I've been feeling anxiety about whether this is the right time to start trying, but as soon as I had that baby in my arms all those anxieties flew out the window. I am a generally anxious person, so no matter what I'll probably continue to have a lot of worries - BUT I am SO EXCITED

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mary17 For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (13-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @curlybird great news on the gestational diabetes hope the third trimester goes nice and smoothly for you!

I'm doing good, 9 weeks on Monday my little bump is starting to bump out now ms is getting less too which is great, I was very lucky and had no spews! Maybe I should touch wood in case in jinx myself lol!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (13-05-2017)