+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Low Carb Ideas

Hi Guys.
    This is my first ever post as I am looking for answers everywhere and anywhere.

My son is autistic. He eats white style food. (Nuggets, Cheese, Chips, Milk, Pasta, Plain Sandwiches)

He has become a chubster in the last few months (he is 8) and I cant help but think it is because 90% of the food he eats is carbs because they are the only colour he will eat.

I am looking for dinner, sides, snacks, lunch box options... anything I can make that will keep him in his comfort zone but be lighter on his waisteline.

His absolute fave food is mac and cheese. I know you can sneak carrot in there but am yet to find the perfect result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    These are good lower carb options but I suppose you will just have to find something he likes , can you try to start switching white bread to wholemeal and using wholemeal pastas or even 1 mountain bread wraps have less carbs than 2 slices of bread and just try add more protein whenever you can ( try chicken or tuna in his Mac n cheese )

-Brown Rice cakes with peanut or any nut butter ( try buy the 100% nut ones)
    - Chicken wings or mini drumsticks (baked )
    - Antipasto plate - cheese, olives, raw veggies, boiled eggs
    - Eggs - omelette, scrambled, boiled, fried
    - Mini meatballs
    - Homemade chicken nuggets ( use rice or quinoa crumbs instead of bread crumbs)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts