+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely Ladies,

I got my blood test done today after 5 days of stimming(day6) .My estrogen level is 700. I couple of questions for you.
    1. Is tht level good or bad for 6th day, any idea how many follicle can I expect with this level.
    2. My first ultrasound is scheduled for Friday. fingers crossed what happens if the follicle are already mature by friday because wfc is closed on sat sunday.I'm so much confused

so many things cooking in my head. Can anyone help and share their story.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anne123 View Post
    Hello lovely Ladies,

I got my blood test done today after 5 days of stimming(day6) .My estrogen level is 700. I couple of questions for you.
    1. Is tht level good or bad for 6th day, any idea how many follicle can I expect with this level.
    2. My first ultrasound is scheduled for Friday. fingers crossed what happens if the follicle are already mature by friday because wfc is closed on sat sunday.I'm so much confused

so many things cooking in my head. Can anyone help and share their story.
    I'm no expert but I think 700 means you have a fair bit of stimming left to go. I think mine eventually went over 10,000. But that's good as it is unlikely you'll get OHSS and you will unlikely need to trigger and have egg collection over the weekend but from memory WFC does still have limited services open over the weekend if required. Don't forget that when the eggs are ready, one of the drugs you have helps stop them from releasing until you do the trigger injection and then 36hrs later they can be collected

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (15-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks anne123! really good info I'll speak to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone going to WFC (Westmead) #6

Syprals,

Yes they BS,ed you. It can cause male factor infertility. Well documented.

I found WFC horrible to deal with full of BS.

I would be asking for a second opinion there is a low cost clinic in Bondi

Here is a link for you I hope it works
    http://www.sharedjourney.com/define/maleimm.html

Mysticfalls

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ange1111 thank you so much for responding.

Hi Ladies, I'm not so happy with wfc, really disappointed.
    I had scan on Monday my estrogen was 6000 and had 8 follicles (21,21, 17, 17,17,15, 14,14) and four more <10mm(10,6,6,6). I thought they will give me trigger on the same day but clinic told me that they are fully booked and my EPU will be on Friday (trigger on wed night). I have only 8 good size follicles and I think most of them will be oversize by Friday. I never heard any clinic doing trigger based on theater availability rather they wait for the right size. I'm really worried.

Any suggestions that what should be the size of follicles on the day of trigger, what about yours ladies, please share your experience?
    One more thing, do the follicle size keep on increasing after we stop gona-f?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anne123 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anne123 View Post
    @ange1111 thank you so much for responding.

Hi Ladies, I'm not so happy with wfc, really disappointed.
    I had scan on Monday my estrogen was 6000 and had 8 follicles (21,21, 17, 17,17,15, 14,14) and four more <10mm(10,6,6,6). I thought they will give me trigger on the same day but clinic told me that they are fully booked and my EPU will be on Friday (trigger on wed night). I have only 8 good size follicles and I think most of them will be oversize by Friday. I never heard any clinic doing trigger based on theater availability rather they wait for the right size. I'm really worried.

Any suggestions that what should be the size of follicles on the day of trigger, what about yours ladies, please share your experience?
    One more thing, do the follicle size keep on increasing after we stop gona-f?
    My nurse at WFC told me that egg collection is almost always on a Friday. I am assuming so they have more control about when they are doing the transfer, so it doesn't fall on the weekend? So I guess I could be in the same boat in a few days (my ultrasound is on Friday at WFC). It's hard to say how much they will grow, but maybe they are hoping your smaller ones will catch up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That sucks, Ange. It's part of the reason we left WFC, because we needed a bit more flexibility with weekends and when things fell on them, it felt either too soon or too late.

Your follicles may or may not continue growing after your last dose of FSH. The trigger will start to mature them, so they're ready for collection. Hopefully you'll get the majority of good sized ones at collection - you might lose the 21's if they grow too large, but fingers and toes crossed.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsjaguar For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (16-11-2016),anne123  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks MysticFalls! I will definitely check out that clinic in Bondi. WFC is actually our second opinion. We saw a RE in the US first and they said the same thing, that they didn’t think white blood cells are the reason for anything. I don’t think it’s very well known or a common issue!

ange111 we did so many rounds of antibiotics in the US, all to no avail. There’s definitely no infection, checked that so the cause if most likely “general inflammation”.

Gosh now I'm worried about WFC being good. A friend of mine did 7 cycles there unsuccessfully then moved on to Genea and was successful first cycle. Eeep!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to spyrals For This Useful Post:

anne123  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi spyrals, I agree that WFC is not necessarily the right fit for everyone but we personally found them fantastic. Our second cycle, the first FET resulted in our beautiful daughter. We had 15 of our 18 eggs fertilise and made 11 fantastic embryos for freezing. Our whole experience from the nurses to docs etc was fabulous. I know that others with more delicate or complex issues don't necessarily have success at WFC but for us they were amazing and well within our budget. Best of luck, I thought a perspectives from the other side might be helpful

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bel2466 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (16-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @amywillo086 they do EPU on all the working days except weekends. Hopefully you will get booked on time and they do the transfers on weekends also.

@mrsjaguar which clinic you going to now. For me they changed to Friday bcz they were fully booked on Thursday.

Ladies , Need your advise as my nurse and doctor had different opinion about lucrin so I'm bit confused now. Is it required to take synarel spray/Lucrin on the day of the ovidrel trigger?