ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The Dr seemed nice. He said if we want to do IVF he recommends I do a Antagonist cycle. What kind of cycle have you done ? and can you tell me what is the difference between the different cycles.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jdee For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (19-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are looking at doing PGS so most likely will do more then one cycle before transfer. I also have to do a couple of other test before starting, hopefully we will be able to start early next year. Can anyone tell me how long the wait is to get a nurse interview?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jdee For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (15-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdee View Post
    We are looking at doing PGS so most likely will do more then one cycle before transfer. I also have to do a couple of other test before starting, hopefully we will be able to start early next year. Can anyone tell me how long the wait is to get a nurse interview?
    Pretty sure my wait wasn't long, like the following week from when I called :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining too! I've got Dr Bradbury, whom I really like - our second appointment is next week, and then we're ready to start. Ours is unexplained, no known issues (some white blood cells in semen but docs say it's not the cause of our infertility - personally, I think they're wrong). So nervous! We're going to be doing a short protocol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @spyrals!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopa For This Useful Post:

spyrals  (24-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default First scan in IVF

Hello all , I'm 33 years old. This is my first IVF cycle. My doc has put me on 250 gona-f. My first scan would be on day 8 thts coming Friday. I'm bit concerned If I get OHSS bcz I'm on high dose of Gona-f and they are not doing any initial scan in the beginning of cycle to see how I'm responding to the medicine. Can anyone advise how many ultrasound are usually done at wfc.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to anne123 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (15-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anne123 View Post
    Hello all , I'm 33 years old. This is my first IVF cycle. My doc has put me on 250 gona-f. My first scan would be on day 8 thts coming Friday. I'm bit concerned If I get OHSS bcz I'm on high dose of Gona-f and they are not doing any initial scan in the beginning of cycle to see how I'm responding to the medicine. Can anyone advise how many ultrasound are usually done at wfc.
    Welcome Anne, 250 is pretty standard. Many ladies need 400-450. Unless you have severe PCOS with an AMH over 100, you should be fine. Your estrogen levels will be monitored via blood tests as well to make sure you are not overstimming. I think I had one ultrasound per cycle to check follicle numbers and lining thickness. They do more if they are concerned about anything. Best of luck, you are in good hands

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Welcome Anne, 250 is pretty standard. Many ladies need 400-450. Unless you have severe PCOS with an AMH over 100, you should be fine. Your estrogen levels will be monitored via blood tests as well to make sure you are not overstimming. I think I had one ultrasound per cycle to check follicle numbers and lining thickness. They do more if they are concerned about anything. Best of luck, you are in good hands
    Thanks for your reply bel2466 . My blood test is scheduled for Wednesday. Lets c what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck anne123! hope your blood test is good - update on wednesday please

i have a question for all you smart ladies, today I have my first appointment with a nurse, and they went through the financials but I couldn't really follow because she was talking so fast and everything is confused for me now. westmead has 2 payment options - safety net and no safety net. it seems like the safety net option works out to be more expensive for me after rebates for 1 cycle. unless i do a FET cycle this year if fresh cycle doesnt work (for which transfer would have to be like 29th of december), then it's cheaper for the year. if i do no safety net then its cheaper out of pocket if i do a fresh cycle this year and more expensive if i also do a FET cycle this year. which one would you choose? would you bank everything on it working first time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrals View Post
    good luck anne123! hope your blood test is good - update on wednesday please

i have a question for all you smart ladies, today I have my first appointment with a nurse, and they went through the financials but I couldn't really follow because she was talking so fast and everything is confused for me now. westmead has 2 payment options - safety net and no safety net. it seems like the safety net option works out to be more expensive for me after rebates for 1 cycle. unless i do a FET cycle this year if fresh cycle doesnt work (for which transfer would have to be like 29th of december), then it's cheaper for the year. if i do no safety net then its cheaper out of pocket if i do a fresh cycle this year and more expensive if i also do a FET cycle this year. which one would you choose? would you bank everything on it working first time?
    Hi spyrals

If you are going for ivf in this year better go for No safet net because its already year end. If you are starting your fresh IVF cycle it will take its own sweet time. FET won't be before next year as it require one missed period after failed ivf.Thats what they told me and I opted for no safety net. You can double check with wfc by giving them a call.

Best for luck for the journey.