+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Must do's in Phuket

I'm going in 10 days with some girlfriends and we're having a tough time deciding which tour to do.
    We're already doing the Phang Nga elephant sanctuary (I researched to find a place that is ethical) and I really want to have a spa day since it's so cheap.

We wanted to do Phi Phi Island but keep hearing how polluted it is now. And also how crowded it is, nothing like the photos that everybody sees.

I would like to something that shows off beautiful scenery and maybe isn't as crowded. I'm not opposed to doing kayaking or stuff like that but can't do anything that requires me to enter a small cave or I'll freak out.

I would love to hear any suggestions 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Doing a boat tour that includes Phi Phi Island and some of the surrounding beaches is good, the scenery is beautiful and you can snorkel/swim around at the gorgeous beaches too. There's a lot to see out there, I'd rather give it a go and see what you think than not do it and always wonder!

It's not scenery related but look into Simon Cabaret, it's a drag queen show and they are incredible! It's a great night out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simba sea tours. We have done their phi phi island and phang nga bay tours. You leave at the crack of dawn, but get to all the spots just before the hordes of tourists! We would be leaving just as the massive tour boats arrived. Aussie run, beautiful picnic lunch, only 15 people on the boat. Book before you go as they are very popular. Includes swimming, snorkelling etc. the phang nga bay tour includes a cave trip but it's pretty big from memory.
    I have done the cheap speed boat tours with 50+ people on board to and they just don't compare to simba. I've also heard good things about Phuket Sail.
    If you're in the kata area we really enjoyed Dino mini golf (I think that's the name), but don't make a special trip.
    The best elephant tours are with Siam Safari, much better treated elephants that anywhere else (although riding elephants is still ethically questionable so that's a personal decision to make).
    Take a walk down Bangla road after dark, but beware if you want a photo with a drag queen/iguana etc agree in a price first it you'll get a nasty surprise.
    Get a tuk tuk home one night - not much cheaper than taxi, but great fun to experience once!
    Don't hire a JetSki on the beach. All sorts of scams going, not worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    THANKS...I wish we had more time. 7 days doesn't give much time since we'd also just like to chill and relax a few days.
    I'll have to experience a ping pong show so that's on the list.
    I'll look into Simba tours...thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    Simba sea tours. We have done their phi phi island and phang nga bay tours. You leave at the crack of dawn, but get to all the spots just before the hordes of tourists! We would be leaving just as the massive tour boats arrived. Aussie run, beautiful picnic lunch, only 15 people on the boat. Book before you go as they are very popular. Includes swimming, snorkelling etc. the phang nga bay tour includes a cave trip but it's pretty big from memory.
    I have done the cheap speed boat tours with 50+ people on board to and they just don't compare to simba. I've also heard good things about Phuket Sail.
    If you're in the kata area we really enjoyed Dino mini golf (I think that's the name), but don't make a special trip.
    The best elephant tours are with Siam Safari, much better treated elephants that anywhere else (although riding elephants is still ethically questionable so that's a personal decision to make).
    Take a walk down Bangla road after dark, but beware if you want a photo with a drag queen/iguana etc agree in a price first it you'll get a nasty surprise.
    Get a tuk tuk home one night - not much cheaper than taxi, but great fun to experience once!
    Don't hire a JetSki on the beach. All sorts of scams going, not worth it.
    I just looked them up and realised they're the ones I had bookmarked before because of the good trip advisor reviews.
    If you could choose one, would you recommend the Phi Phi Island or Phang Nga tour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianKangaroo View Post
    I just looked them up and realised they're the ones I had bookmarked before because of the good trip advisor reviews.
    If you could choose one, would you recommend the Phi Phi Island or Phang Nga tour?
    I enjoyed phang nga bay best, we stopped for lunch at the floating village which was a great experience, the sea canoeing though you get a guy to paddle you around but some of the clearances to get into the sea caves are a bit tight if you struggle with small spaces!
    Phi phi tour was more "iconic Thailand" both were good, almost too hard to pick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK so we booked the Phang Nga and beyond tour. Good thing because they only had two available days left.
    I can't wait. Of course it will be monsoon season so fingers crossed the weather is OK.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CanadianKangaroo For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (08-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome I hope you get to go! At least you can trust that they won't run the tour if the weather is too rough and phang nga is pretty sheltered so good chance of the tour running

Thanks
    Reviews
    👌