Closed Thread
Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwellsmum View Post
    Wow @Bongley Wow and Congratulations. Very unexpected. xo I'm so glad you are all okay.

ECM81 ahh I'm sorry about your BFN you have had it so hard, way worse than me hun. I just want to give you a big huge hug ...yes I would love your info. I have been looking into surrogacy too as if my lining issues don't come good ect we will need to use it I am keen on Canada but would like to know what the costs are ect. The only reason I am keen on Canada as it seems to be the go to ATM for most Australian couples. I have been to Canada before as well and mayby the familaraity of knowing the country is another reason why. Mind you I did swear black and blue when I stepped off the plane after 31 hours of flying that I would never go to Canada again.....
    @Tinachris and billie2 congrats on been PUPO hopefully the 2ww is almost over. Good luck x
    @Heyside.... .1 of a mm OMG that is me my lining last time was.1 under the 6 but then they upped the anty to 6.5 so it was actually .6 under and completely not going to happen. Bloody lining issues.

Ha ha I had a giggle at BIB's royalty status. You are famous girl, take a bow

AFM I have had a fairly busy couple of weeks. I actually ended up with another breast infection so I have taken some antibiotics to clear that. It was insane sore, I think the meds and my crazy hormones cause me to get them I have had two now. Its actually a form of mastisis BUT it is not caused by pregnancy or breast feeding as I never have had a baby. I am just an unfortunate small minority of women and men who get them. On the positive side I was getting worried it may have been cancer so its a relief to not be that. The symptoms can mirror it. It also explains my extreme moodiness of late. Crazy hormones.

Famous my a r s e!!! I will not be taking a bow thank-you very much!!!

FFS's already!!!

Oh, the breast infection sounds bloody awful Luv!! It must be the meds/hormones as how the fruck else could it develop?????

Gawwwd!!! I've heard mastitis is excruciatingly painful so can imagine what it's been like for you...True, the silver lining is that it's not breast cancer thank God!!!

Hope those antibiotics clear it asap for you

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Maxwellsmum  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ouch @Maxwellsmum that sounds so bl00dy painful!!! I hope u feel better soon

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-07-2016),Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Maxwellsmum  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tinachris - how is the TWW going?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-07-2016),Blossom74  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Billie2 - Hope all goes well tomorrow for transfer hun good luck x
    @Tinachris - Hope your hanginh on in there hun stay positive x
    @Green lady - Great news the spotting has stopped so happy for you, just hope the time goes quickly now until your scan x
    @Bongley - Oh wow hun, huge congratulations on the arrival of little Alex. The circumstances of his arrival must have been very scary but great that he is doing so well and he's nice and strong. Hope you are doing well also and recovering x
    @Maxwellsmum - Thanks hun yes the lining issues are very frustrating I struggle to grow thick lining and now I can't even loose it sufficiently my body is giving up haha! Oh hun I so feel for you with the breast infection, I had mastitis twice when I was having difficulty feeding DD and I have to say its the sickest I have ever felt in my life it was hell! Hope the antibiotics get rid of it easy enough! Definately good news it wasn't Cancer though hun must have been a huge relief x

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (17-07-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-07-2016),Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Maxwellsmum  (18-07-2016),Rhino  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley congratulations on the birth of baby Alex. Hope you're doing ok after all you have been through.

AFM, I had my call with Dr Nik in Athens last night re DE and I was really pleased with how it went. I expect to head over end Sep/start Oct! I couldn't sleep due to nervous excitement after the call as so much going through my mind! He told me I shouldn't worry about PGS and should save my money ($3000 approx I think) as its really not needed as both donor egg and sperm with proven young donors and live babies. He said I can go ahead with it if I wanted to so I'll think about it. He also suggested intralipids as I explained I had one blood test that came back high for autoantibodies, although endo biopsies and other bloods were all normal. I only ever had steroids and clexane so happy to have the intralipids in the mix for my DE cycle. He was really lovely. So I'm feeling very hopeful for now. The nerves will kick in nearer the time no doubt.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

AnnaMM  (17-07-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-07-2016),Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Precious40  (19-07-2016),Rhino  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bradders, thats when im going too! All that stuff is exactly what he told me too. He is lovely. I was also so excited. Feels like a second chance, hey. He also suggested intralipids for me too which ive never had before. My mains probs are poor egg quality/stage 4 endo. Sounds like you're in the same boat? Not trying yo be nosy, just that there is always some comfort in finding someone like you, iykwim :-) Maybe I'll see you in the waiting room. I think there's 3 or 4 of us going same time. Might be nice to catch up? Ive thought about it but dont know if I'll be a blubbering mess, want to be all clingy to hubby and share the journey just him and me or want to share with everyone i see. Might just see how i feel but it would be interestingvto actually meet real people like me :-) im happy you are excited. Exactly 10 weeks until i go. Wishing you all the best.xox

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-07-2016),Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Precious40  (19-07-2016),Rhino  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I just read this and fruck me if I almost nearly fell off my chair afterwards Girls!!!

For once, an article that's actually (for the most part) accurate (I'm disputing the 8% figure it quotes for the 40 year age group) Wonders will never frucking cease!!

Have a squizz and tell me what you think. It's a bit depressing as these articles invariably are but it does explain it well I think:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/health/medi...id=mailsignout

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Caesardust  (17-07-2016),Corbes  (18-07-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (17-07-2016),Monty73  (17-07-2016),Precious40  (19-07-2016),Rhino  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas yes, very nice to read something realistic. I wish the drs had have pointed this out to me when starting ivf. I thought 20% chance, so after 5 embryos are transferred then, 20%x5= a baby. So not true. I guess they dont want to scare you or make you worry needlessly in case it works quickly but it would have been nice to know after my second failed cycle to start thinking like the article says.
    Lol, by the way... you're very humble regarding your 'famousness' on bubhub and claim that you are not famous ;-) but i once spent a whole day trying to figure out what the acronym BIB stood for in terms of fertility terminology. Its you, isnt it? So im considering contacting bubhub admin and telling them to add this BIB to their list of TTC Terminology, baahaahaa! So, you are the only person on here, i know of, who has their own anacronym, therefore you are famous. P.s. im not crazy like single white female -in love with you- crazy, im just your normal- garden variety- ivf has made me crazy- crazy. ;-) And you taught me how to swear without swearing on bubhub too. FRUCKING- i love it.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-07-2016),Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Monty73  (17-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Bradders, thats when im going too! All that stuff is exactly what he told me too. BHe is lovely. I was also so excited. Feels like a second chance, hey. He also suggested intralipids for me too which ive never had before. My mains probs are poor egg quality/stage 4 endo. Sounds like you're in the same boat? Not trying yo be nosy, just that there is always some comfort in finding someone like you, iykwim :-) Maybe I'll see you in the waiting room. I think there's 3 or 4 of us going same time. Might be nice to catch up? Ive thought about it but dont know if I'll be a blubbering mess, want to be all clingy to hubby and share the journey just him and me or want to share with everyone i see. Might just see how i feel but it would be interestingvto actually meet real people like me :-) im happy you are excited. Exactly 10 weeks until i go. Wishing you all the best.xox
    @gorgeousgeorge thanks. Yes I do feel like it's a second chance with renewed hope. Yes I think we are similar..I had slight endo and adhesions which were removed as part of a hysteroscopy and 43yr old ovaries! I've had 5 stim cycles with very good fertilisation rates and two FETs, 14 embryos transferred in total but all BFNs. I only done one blast transfer, the rest were day 3 and 4. My Dr wanted me to keep going but I felt like I was never going to get there with my own eggs. Time to move on.
    Im sure I will be there exactly the same time as you and if we are both doing intralipids I think we will definitely cross paths. But I know what you mean in terms of seeing how you'll feel at the time. My mum is coming with me so we'll have a holiday while we're there. I love Greece and have been many times to the islands so looking forward to going back. The weeks will fly by and we'll soon be there. Dr N told me he had two positive results yesterday for Australia, one from Adelaide and one from Brisbane. Hopefully we get to join the happy statistics in a couple of months!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Caesardust  (18-07-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (17-07-2016),Rhino  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    I just read this and fruck me if I almost nearly fell off my chair afterwards Girls!!!

For once, an article that's actually (for the most part) accurate (I'm disputing the 8% figure it quotes for the 40 year age group) Wonders will never frucking cease!!

Have a squizz and tell me what you think. It's a bit depressing as these articles invariably are but it does explain it well I think:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/health/medi...id=mailsignout

Thanks BIB it is depressing, but definitely honest and quite accurate from my perspective. I was given a 20% chance at my initial appointment, maybe he over egged it (haha pardon the pun!!) as I never tried naturally....so had the same calculation in my mind when I started out @gorgeousgeorge i.e. 5 cycles at worst and bingo! Feels so naive now!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Monty73 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (18-07-2016),Rhino  (18-07-2016),winsor  (17-07-2016)