Closed Thread
Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @gorgeousgeorge what kind of cats are they? We had a Siamese cat growing up and I swear he was almost human. You would talk to him and he would talk back.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calypso75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),winsor  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calypso75 View Post
    @Heyside why does your lining need to thin down? Does it mean if you have a thicker than normal lining in your cycle that it makes it hard for the embryo to implant?
    Wazza likes everyone's lining to be under 5mm hun before starting a fresh cycle he always gets everyone in for an early scan. He believes that the lining needs to be as thin as possible so as he puts it 'New grass is not growing on top of old', so most of the lining in my cycle will be new and fresh ready for implantation.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),calypso75  (15-07-2016),winsor  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Wazza likes everyone's lining to be under 5mm hun before starting a fresh cycle he always gets everyone in for an early scan. He believes that the lining needs to be as thin as possible so as he puts it 'New grass is not growing on top of old', so most of the lining in my cycle will be new and fresh ready for implantation.

that .1 of a millimitre will have pi$$ed off by Tues scan Luv. Aaah, what's few more days on the "crazy spray" if it means getting everything absolutely perfect for your Cycle???

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-07-2016),Heyside  (15-07-2016),winsor  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    @gorgeousgeorge love a crazy cat lady! I was reading your enticement strategies and thought to myself WOW, thats one problem we have NEVER had to face..our girl is asking for dinner at 11.34am today, we've got so used to her eating at those kinds of times that we now refer to it as "lunch". Granted she doesn't have dinner as well but its ridiculous. @winsor Im now wondering if the reason she is waking me up via very cute paws on the head or licks is because she's eating so damn early!!!
    sounds like it. what time does she eat breakky? Pixel was waking me at around 6am, so I'd give her the dry food & go back to bed. first couple of days she'd whinge a bit as she wanted me to stay up. I read you have to try ignore her so she learns not to do it. (by ignore, I sit/lie her down next to me with a few pats until I fall asleep again & she stops whinging or I stop hearing it) seems to have worked. as now (today & yesterday) there were no early wakeups. she had breakky between 9-10am. she doesn't eat much early in the morning anyway. just grazes during the day. so by 3pm there's only a few dry bits left.

then she has wet food at 5-6pm & is very particular - I tried a few types but she only likes one (the look of disdain I get when I try something else!), luckily her previous owner had left a note with the 2 brands she likes. I've tried one of these. will try the other soon so she has some variety. she eats about 1/4-1/3 of the wet food in the first sitting then has a little more later in the night. last week she was finishing it all by morning but lately she's left the last 1/3 - 1/4 or so. so not sure if I'm giving her too much. we're still working this out. I usually put a few more dry biscuits out just so the plate's not empty over night but she usually hasn't eaten them by morning.

when I was cat sitting my sister's cat, he was pretty strict. breakky anywhere from 4:30-6am, lunch was a couple of cut up mini prawns around midday as a treat (! I don't even have prawns for lunch) then wet food at dinner around 5-6pm. (different brand to Pixel - he was particular too)

Pixel sits on me when I get into bed but I roll her off whilst I read, then she settles next to me. last night it looked like she was reading the ipad also. funny. she's a bit sooky for a bit and does the kneading for about 5-10mins then off to sleep.

I bought her a cardboard scratching pad today so she can stop using the carpet, so she promptly sat on it and scratched the carpet surrounding it. so I showed her where to scratch and then she did it ok. will see if this works or it's just her raised little mat. bought her another one which has a ball that rolls on a track and a fluffy ball on a wire spring and she liked that. was trying to catch the spring and eat the fluffy ball and she pushed the roller ball around a bit. I hope she continues to play a bit more as I've been worried she's been a bit bored here. she does whinge a bit during the mornings like she's bored - she'll follow me everywhere then go sleep. in the evenings she's started wandering around the other part of the lounge and looking out the window etc. (after kneading/cuddle time at the start) so that's good.
    Last edited by winsor; 15-07-2016 at 18:11.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),tuxcat  (16-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    They have ruined everything i own, i havent had a full nights sleep since i dont know when and havent used the toilet or shower in privacy for 8 years.
    haha I think I wouldn't have got a cat if I'd known all this beforehand. that sounds like a lot of work!! they sound adorable though. adorable rascals

Pixel comes in to the bathroom if I leave the door ajar a bit but I leave her out for the shower as I don't think she likes getting wet/the steam.

yesterday she helped me put away the towels and looked after them whilst I had my shower (till she either pushed out the blue towel or it fell out & she wasn't hidden anymore so jumped down)

helper.jpg
    Last edited by winsor; 15-07-2016 at 18:16.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),calypso75  (15-07-2016),tuxcat  (16-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @calypso75 they are all just rescued stray kittens who needed love :-) from the pound. Saved them from death row. @winsor dont let me scare you, that was all the stuff that just makes me sigh, but i love them with all my heart. Im also hoping thats what having kids will be like. They are frustrating and naughty and make you crazy but oh, the love! Yes, my cats love to 'help' too. But its nice to have a little someone to follow you round and make a mess while you try to clean up :-)

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),calypso75  (15-07-2016),tuxcat  (16-07-2016),winsor  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @calypso75 they are all just rescued stray kittens who needed love :-) from the pound. Saved them from death row. @winsor dont let me scare you, that was all the stuff that just makes me sigh, but i love them with all my heart. Im also hoping thats what having kids will be like. They are frustrating and naughty and make you crazy but oh, the love! Yes, my cats love to 'help' too. But its nice to have a little someone to follow you round and make a mess while you try to clean up :-)
    yes, it's nice to have someone to look after. maybe filling my need for this in case the bub doesn't happen.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside Wazza sounds very thorough. My clinic doesn't monitor you like that. You would like to think that .1 of a millimetre doesn't matter, but you always want to do what you can to minimise regret. Best for your peace of mind to get another scan.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to calypso75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),Heyside  (16-07-2016),winsor  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #34

All your cats sound gorgeous. I would love one but my husband is allergic. Growing up all our cats seemed to find us, they were all strays except the Siamese which was given to us by a neighbour. She bred them and heard one of our cats had been killed by a car so gave us one. I remember saying who would want one of those as they are so ugly but he had the biggest personality of all of them.

I had broken my arm and was sitting in an armchair with my cast on the arm of the chair. Anyway Rocky (the Siamese) jumped up and landed on my arm and I yelled ouch. My mum was in another room and asked what was wrong. I said "Rocky" and as soon as I said his name he looked at me, jumped off and started running to my mum with his Siamese cry going off. My mum said "Rocky is telling me his side of the story, when he is finished I will listen to yours and see who is to blame" it was so funny. He lived till 19 and I really miss him.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to calypso75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),tuxcat  (16-07-2016),winsor  (15-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @calypso75 you could get one of those hairless cats, lol, id get rid of my husband first before the cats if he was allergic haha (not really - he's pretty cool too) Although my husband actually lives across the road. We are neighbours who fell in love. We like our houses so we have no plans to move in together. So if he was allergic to cats, i could just go visit him instead of vice versa. Most peopke find this non traditional donestic arrangement shocking, for all of 5 seconds, then they say, "actually, id love it if my husband had his own house" hahaha and oh, i know what it is to lose a pet. I had a little boy cat named schnappy who disappeared before his first birthday. I miss him everyday. He looked like the cat from the 'le chat noir' french poster. It affected me so much as it was the first time i experienced grief as an adult. So much so that i got a tattoo of the cat in the poster on my bicep to remind me of him, to love the people and pets you have in your life as much as you can while they are here and to remind me that grief does pass in time if you just hang in there. How crazy cat lady is that!
    Attached Images

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-07-2016),Blossom74  (17-07-2016),winsor  (15-07-2016)